Dots and Loops

Fuck Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism, this is the best Stereolab album.

Always preferred Peng! or Cobra & Phases myself.

Probably. Brakhage, Diagonals and Refractions are so addictive

Emperor Tomato Ketchup or The Groop Played... imo

actually nah fuck it im right its one of those two if you disagree you are not right

Cobra and Phases is super underrated. Well pretty much any Stereolab album after 1997 is underrated, but this is the best of that bunch. Like on Dots and Loops, it's got John McEntire on board, so it still feels Tortoise-esque.

Mars Audiac Quintet > All

you are not right

Nice to see some 'lab love

Ya it's damn good, but it doesn't have Jenny Ondioline, and also Emperor is probably their best just because it fucking perfects krautrock

Margerine Eclipse in particular is very underrated imo desu

also this isn't too far from the truth, one of the best opening track streaks of all time

Goddamn now I have to go listen to some Stereolab

To be honest I think I would like Margerine Eclipse better if it didn't have the dual mono mixing. I still can't really get over it.

no, aluminum tunes is the one and only cd you need from them.

>Fuck Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism, this is the best Stereolab album.
I'm not familiar with the artist, but this sounds like what an AI would spit out after reading Sup Forums

n o

Really? I honestly think it has like the most brilliant mix of almost any album I've ever heard. It sounds so lush compared to other dual mono stuff I've heard

>Transgender Random Butt Blasts with Autism
wew

The left/right separation is too extreme that it feels almost like I'm just listening to a different song in each ear. It feels weird having this sort of sound void in the middle.

This album is basically a mix of High Llamas, Mouse on Mars on Stereolab (literally, in terms of who contributed) in case ya'll didn't know that

I like Dots and Loops and I even think Refractions barely edges out Jenny Ondioline as their best song but nah, Transient is overall better and so is ETK for that matter as they're both more consistently dick raising than Dots is. That said, their best work is definitely the run of albums from Transient to Dots. Dots has like 3 of 4 amazing songs but Transient becomes absolutely fucking magical from Golden Ball onwards.

The first half of Cobra is very good but it falls apart pretty bad in the second half.

Fair, but I do like me some Margerine Eclipse. Probably their only one that comes close to equalling the run of records describe above.

I get what you mean, but some tracks actually have the bass right in the middle which makes it work really well imo

I really don't like refractions. 1-4, Ticker Tape and the second part of the last song are awesome though. Probably their best songs.

How could you not like Parsec?

margarine eclipse is where it's at tho. Dots and loops is a solid 8/10 tho

margerine is great, but better than peng! through dots? give me a break buddy. did you even listen through their discog? you just a kraut hater?