My little brother who is a cop full on caught me smoking weed on thanksgiving. (not the first time he's caught me)...

My little brother who is a cop full on caught me smoking weed on thanksgiving. (not the first time he's caught me). What happened after, surprised me. A little backstory, I've posted before, some of you may recognize it.
>be me, 38 yr old man
>have stroke, forced to leave state to return to folks to stay with them
>scripted marijuana, xanax, blood thinners etc
>marijuana not legal in the state I am currently in
>every dr I've been in front of says do the green instead of the benzos, cause dangerous
>which I do, scripted 4 each a day, only take 2, green covers me just fine
>plus, xanax is boring, it just flattens me out too much
>so return home, let folks know I have it, will do best to keep it hidden
>theycoolwithit.jpg even though super religious
>also see how much more outgoing, engaged I am while stoned. It puts a smile on my face, keeps appetite up, overall just improves my disposition and keeps me from getting bored
>brother has caught me before, stepping outside quick etc, has never said boo about it. He knows I'm better off with it, than without
>be thanksgiving
>house full of family
>go to side of house to smoke up, blowing smoke over the fence, into the driveway
>at that moment they pull up, cloud had to go right into their faces
>few mins go by, hear door open/shut, footsteps
>it's my little bro. "hey dude"
>*cough *cough, "hey man"
>"happy thanksgiving bro", gives me a hug, tell him same to you
>"lemme try some of that, I think it's time I see what this is all about"
>mfw
>it's sour diesel, pretty strong, so only let him take two or three hits, teach him how, hold it in etc
>he's never even drank in his life
>we chat for a couple mins, then I see it kicking in on him, permagrin forming, dazed look on face
>"is this normal to feel like this?"
>"yep, just ease into, let it do it's thing"
>he spends the rest of the day stuffing his face, giggling, being silly
>have a good thanksgiving
>next day he shows up, pulls me aside, thanks me for the experience

cont

Grats dude, glad you feeling better and shit. Glad your family understands ya need it.

I never did the stuff but I understand some people need it.

>continues to tell me he doesn't understand what the big deal is
>why is this shit illegal, it was fun, he knows it's harmless, plus he knows how much better off I am with it, than without
>says he will never do it again, but wanted to see what all the fuss was about
>said after they got home from thanksgiving they threw a movie on and it was the most immersive experience he'd ever had
>also said cause of his job it won't be something he'd do again, until he no longer has to worry about it due to his employment
>but overall he was mistaken about what it actually does to people, how it feels
>will be more understanding next time he busts some kid with a little green in his pocket.

Am I doing god's work?

tl;dr: cop brother wanted to smoke out with me, enjoyed it, is now questioning why the shit is illegal and expressed interest in smoking again, even though he is a religious copfag.

Any similar experiences with smoking out uninitiated family members?

Me again, yeah good job dude.

I might not do drugs of any kind but I am tired of kids getting thrown in jail for having a fucking green plant that hurts no one on them.

thanks user. biggest thing is the xanax, I don't need four of those a day. That shit is dangerous. I need it to get to sleep, maybe one to wake up, other than that green works just fine. Plus I'm up at 2 am, with nothing to do. It puts a smile on my face, I can sit down and enjoy video games for a while etc. On the xanax I simply do not care. About anything. It just flattens me out, to the point of suicidal boredom. The experience brought us closer together, and now he has a new perspective on marijuana. They basically teach them it's as bad as heroin, even though deep down they know it isn't. At least the smart ones do.

Cops are meant to enforce the law. That means they follow the laws they like and don't like. Once you break that code of honor it just goes out the window. You can't just gain respect back for the law. Now he's going to question more and possibly the wrong things.

> tired of kids getting thrown in jail for having a fucking green plant that hurts no one on them.

That was his big epiphany over the whole thing. It's not the big deal they make it out to be. And plus, as mentioned, shit I'm up at two am, with nothing to do. Xanax makes it worse, super super bored. So lemme have this, it's not hurting me, or anyone else. I can sit in my room stoned at 3 or 4 in the morning taking interest and having a good time with vidya.

he gets it now.

agreed. he has on several occasions questioned his job, even said most of the time he lets people go with a little green in their pocket cause he knows it's bullshit, and tossing them into the judicial system does more harm to the individual than the drug itself.

He has also expressed interest in another career cause he's been seeing the "plot holes" and inconsistencies in some of the laws they make him enforce.

checked, also, unless he wants to get into lawmaking he should just stay a cop, at least that way he can make judgement calls that positively affect peoples lives, instead of just having some possibly not so lenient cop take his place

that is his ultimate goal I think. For a time he was on the "drug task force" for our area as a detective. And is currently now one of the drug dog cops, his name is Dax, a big, sweet, black lab.

Funny story, he brought him over one day, I had my stash in my backpack on the floor and Dax just about peed all over himself when his sniffed it out. Bro knew right away what was up and we both laughed about it. That was way back, but I'll never forget we both laughed our asses off about it.

Wait, he took 3 draws of a joint, ate an entire thanksgiving dinner, I assume spent some time with the family then went home and he was STILL high!?

There's something fishy about this....

>sour diesel
>first time ever

Nigga was blazed, I assure you. He also started getting slightly paranoid, I calmed him down telling him it's normal to feel a little self conscious about it. He chilled out after that. Also wasn't a joint, a bowl. He coughed like a motherfucker, had to show him how to draw and inhale, then hold it in.

tl;dr: idc if you believe or not. It was good times and I feel closer to my little bro now. Not that things were bad before, they weren't, It was just a fun experience with him.

Tried getting my dad to try one time while we were fishing, we started asking me what it was like, etc. I explained it to him but he wouldn't give it a shot.

But we're talking like 4 or 5 hours at least here? Plus the length of a movie?

It was a nice story but you way overshot the mark on the realism.

again, idgaf kek.

If anything he was probably confused about what he was experiencing. It really changed him though I was getting worried mom and dad would notice something.

Real quiet for a bit, obviously self conscious. I could see him snapping out of it a bit after a little coffee but by the time they left I could tell he was still not quite himself.

Just trying to share a nice holiday story with you faggots.

>will be more understanding next time he busts some kid with a little green in his pocket.

This is good

Yeah. He knew it was bullshit before, but he stated now he really understands. His take on things has always been
>as long are people are honest with me, I'll let them off on dumb shit, like a little green or marijuana pipe

He knows that getting arrested and tossed into the judicial system does more damage than the drug itself, and as mentioned, now he REALLY knows that it's not a big deal.

His overall rating of the experience
>felt weird at first
>then felt silly, everything was funny
>then felt hungry, which was great cause thanksgiving
>then threw a movie on when they got home, idk star wars or something
>totally lost himself in it till he passed out
>woke up feeling groggy, like marijuana hangover

I get marijuana hangovers too if I smoke a shitload then immediately crash out.

If you never smoked weed in your whole fucking life and suddenly hit a bowl, you're gonna get FUCKED man. and I mean FUCKED.

I don't know about the weeds you got in the U.S but down here in Europe, some shit hit you like a fucking freight train.

My friends grows some indoor, he's became really good at it after a few years of experimentation. I swear to god if you down a while bowl of his shit it's like Mike Fucking Tyson just bashed your face in.

Also, it depends heavily on your constituion & Metabolism. In my group of friends I'm the "weakest". I'm the biggest in size & height, but I get blazed roughly twice harder than all my friends that smoke more regularly.

It's cool, cause it's cheaper, and lasts longer for me. But at times my friends didn't understand how hard I was fried when I smokes the same as them and they were just "high".

So yeah, nah, OP's story doesn't sound strange.

To give you a more specific example.

Once they cooked cookies with the most potent shit he had ever grown. Ate a whole one, stayed high for more than 20h. (ate it early afternoon, was fucked, went home, was still fucked, slept, woke up, still slightly fucked) I came back down during the following afternoon.

It's all about the product & how you individually react to it.

I resist pretty "okay-ish" to alcool, but weed send me to another galaxy as long as it's half decent.

My bro ate the same cookie quantity, he was down in 5 hours tops.

(Also, the cousin of my bro ate 3 cookies without knowing what it was because we left them on the table and he thought it was one of the GF that did some bakery or some shit. Dude stayed high for 4 days and still doesn't feel "right" to this day.)

You cannot presume about how people's body gonna react to a chemical just according to yours. Even more if the guy in question never got high and you do it on the reg.

Agreed. Although I've heard of people not getting stoned their first time, that wasn't the case here. Or maybe he's lying to me and it wasn't his first time.

Also, he only got two or three good hits that he actually was able to inhale and hold in. The first couple draws IMMEDIATELY got coughed out, he hit it too hard.

Smoking weed isn't like smoking tobacco as we all know, you have to inhale as you smoke, teaching him this was tricky. So while he only was able to inhale and hold in two or three hits, the attempted first two didn't stay in him long cause he coughed it out right away, so I'm sure at least a little got in there.

Plus it was Sour fucking Diesel. Anyone familiar with it knows it is super high THC space suit, couch lock, stuff my face marijuana.

I cross the border once a month and pick up a half oz from a state that it's legal in, that way I know exactly what I'm getting, the THC levels, etc.

I don't like high cbd, I like the "go to space" shit. The dispenseraies are great at suggesting green that will give you the effect you want. The Sour Diesel is a little spendy, but worth it to me.

Better hangovers than liquor hangovers.

>So while he only was able to inhale and hold in two or three hits, the attempted first two didn't stay in him long cause he coughed it out right away, so I'm sure at least a little got in there.

meaning, he legit was only able to inhale and hold in 2-3 big hits, but did cough out the first couple tries, but I'm sure even after coughing it out a little stayed in there and affected him.

So I said 2-3 hits, but counting what he immediately coughed out, it was more that got in there, even if it was only for a second. I'm sure that helped. And again, sour fucking diesel man, that is some serious space weed.

agreed. I no longer drink excessively cause I hate hangovers so much. Could be that I'm just getting older.

The marijuana hangovers just make me groggy, moving slow. A little coffee fixes it right away. Not so with booze. It takes me two days to recover from a hard night of drinking.

No you're still the brother of a professional snitch and by association you're a snitch yourself. I hope some nigger puts a hole in your brothers dome.

>blm just showed up

actually it's the opposite. As I mentioned he has been thinking about another career. He told me he left the drug task force detective job cause the people he was working with were
>"straight up dirty cops, I didn't feel safe around them, most of those dudes were corrupt and I just didn't feel like I could trust them"

He basically took a pay cut to get back onto patrol as the drug dog cop. I worry about him sometimes, but we don't live in the ghetto. In a semi large city in the NW US, that borders states where mj is legal.

Basically we don't have a lot of gang crime here. And it's very seldom the cops here blast people away, I think the last time it happened was like a year ago.

I got a headache and dry eyes. That was it. Same shit the second and third time.

Why?

Wasn't skunk weed either. I am dutch, we pick shit off a menu.

>worried about lack of snitching
>officer normie
>smh

Maybe your brother should watch "Reefer Madness" to see just how dangerous weed can be.

You understand your brother is corrupt right ? By failing to carry out his duty when finding somebody partaking in illegal activities he broke his oath, never mind actually joining in with these illegal practises himself. Your brother shouldn't be so judgemental on other cops when they're clearly pea's in a pod

Don't know man, maybe you smoked it wrong, not getting it down low to your lungs, maybe you took the hits where there was more tobacco.

When I take hits from a bong, holding it for a 40 seconds and releasing. I'm on a road to Saturn lol.

I guess it's good for me that I can get this fucked up with so few product.

meh, everyone is going to react differently to it, cause physiology. I'm one of those guys that did not get high at all the first time. This was back in high school. I was so unimpressed by it then next time I was offered I almost turned it down. Decided to give it another shot and DING DING DING DING Stoned af.

Everyone is gonna be different. Also, like op mentioned in one of his posts, starting to think it wasn't his brothers first time. Even though he kinda had to teach him how. Plus, I've had sour diesel before, get it on the reg, it's legal here. That shit is top shelf, pretty expensive.

Based on what I've read I have a feeling OP lives real close to me kek

yep. but him outing dirty cops would just get him killed brah. Like I said, he's been considering another career, and like hard. I think it's only a matter of time.

>what is police discretion