How did Have a Nice Life become popular among the lofi, underground, post punk public? Was Sup Forums involved in it...

How did Have a Nice Life become popular among the lofi, underground, post punk public? Was Sup Forums involved in it? I'd like to know what platform was used that made them popular with such an obscure kind of sound. I'm asking this because I'm working on an EP and I don't know where to share it other than the obvious ones (band camp, YouTube, soundcloud etc. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

adwordsnerds.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dan LITERALLY HAS A JOB AS AN INTERNET MARKETER

viral marketing on Sup Forums was pretty key

Did not knew that, it explains alot.

Yes you have to pay us to shill it here. 50 cents per post, twice that if it's the thread starter.

Dan did post the album here and people loved it a lot, he even did an AMA.

Thats pretty nice, i was thinking of doing that aswell

lol. you know how many fags post their shit sad white male bedroom core shit on here? no one gives a shit unless you viral it

album came out in 2008 but didn't become a cult hit till yrs later
dan started marketing it hard and the music is pretty good.

I remember the album had pretty low-mediocre ratings initially on a lot of sites, it was around 3.3 on RYM after like first 500 or even 1k ratings.

so why did dan get the attention? bandcamp threads are filled with basement tapes, provided dan's album is x1000 better but still

I'm aware of that. And isn't that the case with music in general? Lots of people have bands which no one gives a shit about.

because he knows how to market himself

How did he started marketing it hard exactly?

The interesting thing is that his project has no image, he focused on selling his sound alone, the only visual thing about it was the cover and that was it. Pretty impressive.

adwordsnerds.com/

I've been really curious about this too, what was Sup Forums like at the time of Deathconciousness? what did people think of the album when they first started hearing it?

So I guess Sup Forums was the major platform he used?

mu and rym

Speaking of, I saw that on Dan's website you can get Time of Land for free. Anybody tried that? How does it work?

Alright, thanks

People say this, but most of the stuff I've heard posted here has had major flaws to it.
The idea that you can make a 10/10 album and go completely unnoticed is a meme. You might not become a "professional" musician from it, but youll still garner some attention.

I want Dan to fuck me

One thing that I have always been curious about was how he recorded it with such an atmosphere, sounds like he's on a dungeon or something

You just download a zipped file that you open with like Winzip or 7zip or something

God I want to remake this album so bad because I can't understand his voice most of the time but I got nothing. I like it most of the time but the urge to take away the lo-fi sound is killing me even though that's what it got famous for.

But I still have to fill the customer info and payment method right?

why would you want to understand his voice? It's shoegaze my boy. Plus it's pretty easy if you read the lyrics.

it's on the archive? i really would like to see it

Yeah you do have to fill out payment info on Enemies List but it doesn't really matter, that's how I got my copy.

Cheap Garageband reverb is a hell of a drug