PIC RELATED

>inb4 NLDW

It took me 2 years to appreciate GP

grower?
opposite for me
liked it on the first couple listens. now i can't stand it
love endless tho. shit has some of his best work

That sucks for you dude.

I just recently realized the whole TPTB is the absolute pinnacle of not only Death Grips but Experimental Hip-Hop in general.

Also been listening to both discs since their initial releases, but it's taken me this long to truly appreciate how massive it is in composition, performance, emotiveness and conceptual themes.

saw these guys at a house show and they almost caved the fucking floor in. cops broke it up. great night.

not even joking, the first couple listens I didn't really enjoy the style

oh yeah definitely same

Definitely this. It took a while to get used to the flows and style but now it has to be one of my favorite if not my favorite hip-hop release

Blonde is the most grower album I've ever heard. I listened to it for the first time thinking it's a disappointing follow up to Channel Orange but I still felt compelled to keep listening. Fast forward 6 months and I think it's a 10. Straight up masterpiece what Frank gave us. Also Endless is fucking great as well. Some of the sounds and beats on there are incredible and his rapping really shines on there as well.

also this.
best dg record after notm.

This.
First couple of listens I hated all the skits, didn't like all the short song lengths and how most of the songs sounded same-y, and wasn't a huge fan of Doom's style.
Probably grew on me more than any other album

i loved the first and last tracks on pic related on first listen, but everything inbetween was so bizarre and unsettling. I eventually came around though. I listened to ...and the ambulance died in his arms and immediately fell in love with that, then started listening to Ape of Naples as I was visiting my auntie at clemson university (in like the most racist part of south carolina). Being black, and just feeling the fucked of unsettling atmosphere surrounding every interaction and person i saw there for some reason really made the rest of the album click for me.

Now they're one of my favorite bands. Amazing lyrics.

Just now it clicked for me.

this shit right hur

but now its probably my favorite hip hop album ever

didn't get it at first
absolutely love it now

yeah same with me
didn't realize how special this album is upon first listen

post favourite quotes
>THE HYBRID
>SMOKING ON PAPAYAS THAT GIVE YOU NIGGAS BRONCHITIS WHAT YOU WRITE IS ALL VAGINA WHAT I WRITE IS WALL OF CHINA
>nigga that's great

for me it was the beats that threw me off. i mean, the rapping i understood that it would take time to get used to, but that it was creative. the beats were just so sparse and minimal and...fucking weird. but now i love them so much.

ITT

>YOU SOFTER THAN FLANDER'S SON
>DONT MAKE ME PUT HANDS ON SON
>JUMP NIGGAS LIKE
>FUCK ONE ON ONE

idk there's a lot. and the whole of party all the time always gets me in my feelings. just a really emotional track.

i LOVE the first half of this. I really fucking do. Like I listen to some of the songs on there daily. But the second half bores me to death. Any advice on stuff I should pay attention to that makes me appreciate the second half more?

Anything by Busdriver

um i mean for me the second half just seems like what the first is building up to. its the depression after the mania. the comedown.

songs like party all the time and scrap or die just portray and uncomfortably raw picture of suffering people's everyday lives. Really makes you feel hopeless, and the only redeeming moment is the very last verse of the album where danny is basically saying despite all this hopelessness he's not giving up. even if he knows this life will probably keep kicking dirt in his face until it kills him, he's still going to give it his all. The second half is like the build up to the last minute of the album.

It's just really raw. Mad real. Great shit idk.

post a fucking picture of your self right now. I refuse to believe you don't either look just like one of the dudes in this picture or you're 12.

second this

and idk how that even relates to this thread

This 2bqh

At first, it was a little too glitchy and odd for me. ended up becoming one of my favourite albums

I feel that, tracks 16-18 were always a lull for me, but everything else on that side I always loved

My favorite is

>WE GON HIT THE STUDIO AND SHIT ALL ON YOUR MIXTAPE
>
>NAH, LITERALLY. SHIT ALL ON YOUR MIXTAPE.

these

if you don't jam to fields and scrap or die then I don't know what to tell you.

>FUCK A PREGNANT BITCH AND SAVE MONEY ON THE GABORTION

DANNY WHAT THE FUCK IS A GABORTION

I want to go see them live, but it doesn't look like they're doing anything but Coachella for a while. They seem like they'd be great

took me about a year to fully understand it and appreciate it beyond Only Shallow, which I guess would be a good way to describe my comprehension of it at the time.

>I'M ABOUT TO DRINK A HEINEKEN
>(a heineken??)

alternatively
>OOH BABY I LIKE IT RAW, AND MY DICK SO BIG, LEFT STRETCH MARKS ON HER JAWWW

i'm laughing just typing it out