How many bowling balls are there?

How many bowling balls are there?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_number
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahedral_number
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2 bowling ball

Alot

Too goddamn many. Nobody needs that many bowling balls. Goddamn western civilization.

A lot

At least 6.

I think it's more

4 bowling ball

165 what do i win

More than 1

how the fuck did you manage to get 143

81+49+36+25+16+9+4+1

1. 1 stack

dont care just wanna remove one of the side planks. for the lulz

9^2+8^2+7^2+...+2^2+1^2=285

did you just make up random numbers and add them together? the correct answer would ultimatively be

9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1
8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1
7+6+5+4+3+2+1
6+5+4+3+2+1
5+4+3+2+1
4+3+2+1
3+2+1
2+1

I don't know what flawed math you are using, but it's sure as shit not right. Back to school.

winrar

Derp, left out the 64. 285.

People like you usually get crushed to death by balls.

my mind is full of fuck, back to school kid

>ultimatively

doesnt matter

Not only you're wrong, you're condescending about it.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Easy. Pick a side, count each triangle downwards, then add them up.

1 + 3 + 6 + 10 + 15 + 21 + 28 + 36 + 45 = 165.

Didnt read KYS

wtf is this

I'm not wrong. Well yes, the answer is actually 81, as you can only really see 81 bowlingballs.

so?
say it with me user.
FOR. THE . LULZ.

Wait shit I take it back I'm the dumbass.

You're welcome.

The base is triangular, not square. That's where he and I fucked up.

143 if it has 4 sides

%triforce

he didn't ask how many you see, he asked how many are there. You have to count the balls that are inside.

good now remove 1/4 and tadaa

Could be just a shell of balls glued together.

>9
retard

there could be anything inside, youre making an assumption you degenerate

There are surely many millions of bowling balls... people bowl all over the world.

Base is square. optical illusion

I wrote 165 further up, the thing is - the question is poorly written. "How many bowling balls are there" could be short for "how many are in the picture", which would be 81, as that's all we can see.

If he asked how many were in the stack, the correct answer would be 165.

And you also shouldn't lick windows. You may have more fun in this life, but at least I'll die alive.

that makes no sense

285 if the base is square

I think y6ou are being fooled by the little flat bit on the corner. Look at how they are stacked -- it's a tetrahedron.

i don't know

Assuming there aren't any hidden or it isn't a trick, it's 165

Ohhh shit. Nigga bringin out the big words.

1+3+6+10+15+21+28+36+45
You do the math

about 12

>at least I'll die alive

fuckin wut?

do you mean alone?

oh, you're right

THIS

/thread

you must be new here

this, the base corner meets at less than 90 degrees

I guess it could still be some irregular shape

There's no room for that forth corner in the back. It has to be like a pool triangle.

those trips tho

kek

youre wrong on both-165 and 1

yeah my mistake
see

About tree diffy

Newfag

i'm with you, my way counts the outside on the left, so my addition is yours but backwards. 45 + 36 + 28 + 21 + 15 + 10 + 6 + 3 + 1 = 165

tree diffy? how much is that?

2x1=
3x2=
4x3=
5x4=
6x5=
7x6=
8x7=
9x8=
Add up all those, thats how many

0*1 isn't 1 you fucking retard, your sum is wrong anyway tho

177 now quit posting stupid shit op

9!+8!+7!+6!+5!+4!+3!+2!+1! I think

dont fall for the bait

Base is triangular, check the perspective lines, even if poorly done. To the left they meet more or less at the same point, as they should. To the right the house's and fence's meet roughly at same point. So should the 'pyramid line' too, had it been a square (laws of perspective). It doesn't, it has a completely different direction, so not square, but triangular. End of story.
Tl:dr. proof pyramide is triangular.

y o u r m a t h i s w r o n g

It's theoretical quantum mathematics. Sup Forumstards wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

(9*9)/2
+(8*8)/2
+...
=142.5
so 143 balls?

shiiiiiii
all i know is tree fitty

Surprise CockFag! It's 4 sided, not a triangle. The camera lens distorts the perspective.

>so 143 balls?

I don't know, I'm not good at maths, I just made some perspective lines.

THE ANSWER IS 165. 9 rows down. Each row is a triangle.
>inb4 triangular number is a thing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_number
addup the first 9 triangular numbers besides 0
you get 165
it's the answer

at least -3

Right idea but wrong thinking of what factorial is (!)
That's multiplication of all lower digits, not addition.
So 9! = 9*8*7*6*5*4*3*2*1 not 9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1

The solution is the 9th tetrahedral number. The tetrahedral numbers are given by T_n=(1/6)n^3+(1/2)n^2+(1/3)n. With n=9, that gives T_9=165.

kek did you just study that ?

I compete math nationally

you're right

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahedral_number

these faggots are right
/thread

At any given level there is a triangle but it doesn't work with that formula since it's made of discrete objects. At any given triangle, the base is of size n, then the next level up is n-1, etc. so at any given level with side length n, the amount of balls at that level is n*(n-1)/2, not simply n*n/2. So it basically turns into

sum[i=1 -> 9]{ i * (i-1) / 2 }

solve that and you're good. I'm too lazy.

>I compete math nationally

shure you do user. shure you do

I failed maths in high school, but this has me laffin

definitely 165

We can only see the outer layer of bowling balls.

We ASSUME it is solid balls, but now do we know the inside isn't filled with a wooden tetrahedron instead?

Thank you.

This is the formula based on a tetrahedron:

n(n+1)(n+2)/6 = 165