Why are planets round?

why are planets round?

coincidence
there's no reason for them not to be any other shape

Gravity, dingdong.

what about square planets

Centrifugal force

there's no reason why there aren't any
its just coincidence and pure chance that all the ones we've discovered so far have been mostly round. we just got to keep looking.

niggers stole all the corners

Scientists are completely biased when it comes to reporting the discovery of new planets. They only tell you about the spherical planets orbiting the spherical suns, but you never once hear about the cubic planet orbiting an amorphic sun.

>Centrifugal force

I think you mean centrifickle force.

Or torus planet rotating on the cilinder sun.

they aren't round, they're oblate.

gravity centers on one point

Atomic nuclei.

>centrifickle force

I think you mean centipedal force.

Google is your friend

Meant for

I'm just baiting...

Gravity user... Gravity... You know the thing keeping your faggot ass from flying like the little fairy bitch you are.

idk gravity make matter act that way???? I mean,,,, everything is being towards one pont. the only way for matter to arrange itself in such a way to abide by whatever the fuck the lawas of physics in zero gravity are. i mean once whsit start getting to form a big enough clusterfuck, it begings to obtiain a stronger gravitational pull in direct correlation. so basically everything is all going to one single point, if thing were to coalesec in some other form, like a cube, gravity would have to have multiple points of attraction withing a singllar object that would be fucking??????? like extremely complex id dont even remember fucking calculus i just use basic algebra and geometry for machining

but fuck man,,,,WHY IS ANYTHING WAHT IT IS. you could ask the same about literally anything. so

keep asking wa]way......for every question there are an endless amount of answers

and theres an endless amount of questions out theres

so have fun lol

sotrrry for typos, im really drunk and stoned right now; too lazy to correct them hhahah.

I think i just got a contact high from reading this.

Oh goodness people! Hydrostatic equilibrium! "Gravity" doesn't cover it!

So am I...

please dont bring gravity into this. if you want to discuss gravity make a new thread.

but that's litreally the basis on which the concept that OP is questioning is based on.???????? get moin...in the zone, friend

dude nice!! enjOYing it, if it's a placebo or not lel. w/e just take care my man

and also this guy, he knows more than me!!

no, its offtopic shitposting, completely unrelated to planetary geometry. go back to

You dimwitted fools, everyone knows the earth is flat.

It's common mathematical knowledge. If the earth was round, we would never be able to create coordinates on a map. Duh.

>[Update] [Auto] 13
no i am th drunk guy talkng abut gravity, i am telling the dude teling me gravity's not part of it to listen to you

Or the flat planets

wait are you him?????
the fuck is this, we need id's bacjk

>>[Update] [Auto] 13

I know this is bait but i really want to punch you in the fucking face

spinning on the backs of elephants

go home steve, your alcohol

Because balls are fun to play with

the earth is NOT flat
proof: its covered with mountains n shit

loor5oooool, i love you guys
i 'm glad that we were able to keep this sjhit threa doigng for OP!!!!

jesus, im lonely, this hasb enn a good night. thank you kindly, my friends

>44372 ▶
ooojhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah aAALSO

you're****************

Because if it was a cube then world would be a jack in the box.

yore*

Liquids form into spheres in zero gravity.

Planets are big balls of molten rock when the are young, from lots of asteroid collisions.

that doesn't explain cube-shaped planets

/thread

It doesn't need to. there are no cube shaped planets.

Not only do they not exists, but planets by scientific definition have to be almost spherical

ans i keep forgetting to type the captcha which isn't the bad, causdf i bough a membership Sup Forums paass to view this restricted "Sup Forums gold password account required image" so i got the fucking card and still coul't see. so now i don't have tot ype fthe fucking captchas captcha's forgot(the apostrophe...jesus im getting more drunk by the word becaue i keep drinking. fuck.
but yeah, i forgot hold on gotta scroll up
due i'm way too fucked cause i thought we were still using youre

oh yeah, so i got the fucking Sup Forums membership and now i fodnt have tty to type the stuipd fucking captchas or esfresh them. i swear im not this rete. retarded when im not drinking. im not even supposed to drink because my liver has high fuction from previous drug use. but alohol makes me fucking able to express myself, though not very well. it's stilll mor e than i'm able to express myself while sober. but fuck guys......im really trying to work on it. i need to kick my addictions bad, because i have a RALLY addictive mindeset. most of my family are addicts, cept for my dad. but whatever

anyawys. im so drunk that i cant even remember to click the "im not a robat" box...like wtf....

i mneed to stop drinking....

maybe then i'd actually knwo that gravity has just a part in fucking plants being round, i ototally forgot the hydrostati equilibrium from highschool.

shows how much i've applided my knowledge.

fuck guys.......thanks for the intermission i gues....

i need to get help.

ALSO I HAD TO TYPE A FUCKING CAPTCHA FOR THIS POST.....MY MEMBER SHIP JUST RAN OUT WTF. WTF.WTF

wait, when water freezes it makes cubes
so cube planets are just made from frozen rock instead of molten rock. nvm figured it out.

Your so fucking stupid.

Now you're getting it!

>
>>centrifickle force
>I think you mean centipedal force.

Nope - centrifickle is when the planet can't decide how it wants to distribute itself.

Centripedal is an invention of a two-wheeled, self-propelled transport with the power transfer interface in the middle.

In the absence of stronger gravitational influence, all bodies within a sufficiently dense and approximately homogenous collection will gravitate toward the collection's center of mass. Once these bodies come close enough to the center of mass to come into contact with each other, they'll start rolling and sliding off of each other. When this motion stabilizes and calms down, a sphere is the inevitable result.

Think of it like water in a glass. You can shake it and make waves, but ultimately the surface of the water will wind up uniform and flat, right? It's all pulled to the bottom of the glass, and any that's farther away is pulled down to fill the space it's left. Planets are just like that, except that the bottom of the glass is a point instead of a plane.

Centipedal force is when a multilegged insect gets pregnant and makes you marry her or she'll claim rape

Finally, a non-retard.

op they're not round. Planets are oblate spheroids. if you can figure out what that is you'll also be able to figure out why gravity and rotation make them such.

u dum

Because you touch yourself at night.

They get worn down from moving around the sun. It's like how a rock becomes smooth in a river over time. Rocks are still crazy shaped usually but since planets have been moving over thousands of years they become shaped like a ball.

This is actually true to some extent you faggot. They do become more rounded as they age and become more stable.

Man, I jump at flat-earth threads, but even I can tell this one is tongue-in-cheek.