bowie and prince

childhood is idolizing bowie
adulthood is realizing prince makes more sense

>disco
you mean p-funk, you trash.

>follower or innovator?

Innovator.

(that's Prince btw kiddies)

This desu. You know the overwhelming Sup Forums response is Bowie but it's pure ignorance

Nobody cares about Prince today because you can't find any of his songs on youtube. His fault really

Most of his albums are now on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, etc. now. And they've been getting a lot of views/streams so people clearly care about Prince.

I grew up with Prince. Didn't discover Bowie until my early teens. When I did I went back to Prince. So yeah I'm gonna stick with Prince on this one.

4 chord pop with lyrics about sex didn't exist until Prince invented it.

>Prince
>inovator
>catchy Disco/funky Pop
>inovation

>Innovator
>all his songs are cheesy typically 80s pop songs
I know Bowie made some bad music in the 80s and beyond too, but his 70s output more than makes up for it. He may have made songs like Let's Dance but he also made songs like Station To Station, Sound And Vision, Changes, Ashes To Ashes, Heroes, African Night Flight, and tons of other experimental and innovative tracks. I;m no expert on Prince, so if there exists a Station To Station to his Let's Dance (shit like 1999) let me know its name and I will give it a chance. Otherwise he's just cheesy overproduced 80s shite.

He's probably the most important funk musician post-1970's.

Which is like saying that Lil Wayne is the most important rapper post-1990s. It's because everything that was important in the genre came before him.

>overproduced

Post literally Prince song recorded in the peak era (1980 to Batman) and then name one element or track that can be removed from the song.

Get the cheesy synths off 1999. Thank god that fad died, sounds awfully dated now.

>implying Let's Dance is bad

What are you doing?

>implying
It's not bad, but we were talking about innovation

bowie easily lmao

Prince is the the man

Explain?

Prince.

Bowie was a trend hopping talentless hack

Childhood is idolizing Bowie
Adulthood is realizing you were always right

>ITT: bait
both were great, but both are dead.

lol?

I like prince more.

Bowie is good too I just like prince more.

Also prince is funkier.

Prince created the sound you're thinking of and it only became "cheesey" because everyone else decided to do it. Prince shaped the future of popular music while Bowie just did whatever he noticed was picking up traction in the underground. Prince also was fantastic at every instrument that appears on his recordings. Even though the synth tones are dated the melodies and progressions hold true. Plus you've got guys like Dev Hynes making Prince worship so the sound obviously has enough staying power to resonate with people.

>different opinions
>'ignorance'
>implying liking a particular artist over another makes you intelligent

bowie
who the fuck even cares about prince? been using Sup Forums for years and i don't think i ever even saw one prince thread before he died.

Bowie hopped on trends
Prince hopped on trends
I take Springsteen

I like Bowie more. I feel like he has a wider back catalogue that anyone can find something they like in, but that's just my opinion.

We probably wouldn't even know about Prince if it wasn't for that MTV interview and CBS Record's boycott.

BOWIE

>Thank god that fad died, sounds awfully dated now.
>electro pop is still the dominating mainstream trend
>too many synthwave type artists coming through
>huge influence modern guys like Flying Lotus adding more synths to groovy beats
Might wanna look at music outside your increasing more irrelevant indie bubble

>>Musical god or le cheesy disco man
Bowie being le cheesy disco man right?

Bowie is important to U.K. pop culture.
Prince is important to American pop culture.