Thoughts on Captain Underpants?

Thoughts on Captain Underpants?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NFmWNIGPiJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

fucking why

bump again

could be good but there's no way it'll do well considering how obscenely juvenile the source material is

The logical conclusion of capekino.

literal capeshit

Its better than any other comic book that's been adapted into a movie.

Bump

Bump

The one with the villain being some lady who gives wedgies gave me the weirdest boner as a kid. Never had a chance to bring it up until this thread, thanks OP

You're in luck because shes confirmed for the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFmWNIGPiJM

What a day to be a live! These books started when I was in grade school and now I'm an old man filled with regret. Who would've thought that this would get a movie?

Who's the target audience for this? Kids today haven't read CU and the people that grew up reading it (like me) are in their 20s now.

I'm 19 now and am really really hyped, so they are doing SOMETHING right in the nostalgia department.

Of course, I seem to be the only one though because this thread is next to dead

>On January 21, 2014, the cast was announced, with Ed Helms joining as Mr. Krupp/Captain Underpants; Kevin Hart as George Beard; Thomas Middleditch as Harold Hutchins; Nick Kroll as the insidious villain, Professor Poopypants; and Jordan Peele as Melvin, the nerdy nemesis of George and Harold

+ Ed Helms
+ Tohmas Middleditch
+++ Nick Kroll
- Peele
- Kevin Hart

im so watching this now

>Ed Helms as Captain Underpants/anyone
confirmed for shit already

>It's a Sup Forums doesn't quite hide itself episode

Fuck off.

Fuck homo propaganda.

Hey asshole, you made it about race, not me.

I think kevin heart is an annoying shit and Jordan Peele would be unable to get the characters voice right. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Fuck off back to your safespace and check your liberal privilege before trying to start shit

Sure thing, Jethro.

>everyone who challenges my racism is a liberal hurr
>safespaces!

Yeah good job continuing the espionage, kiddo.

>Sup Forums

Oh, so I'm wrong then? You are a conservative?

it's 15 years late

i sent them a drawing once when i was but a kipper and they sent me a goodie-bag

What was in it? I always wanted to send them a letter when I was a kid

not sure but i remember getting the hypno ring

does it work?

I remember they were always super fucking based about this kind of stuff

I remember the dumbest kids in elementary school reading it well into middle school (6th/7th grade) to fulfill "you must read this many books per year". It's literally poo poo pee pee in comic book form, I don't understand how kids enjoy it even if they want toilet humor.

I always thought that Kevin Hart was shit because it seems that whenever he's in a movie all he does is scream and act like a retard because blacks think it's funny. But after watching Central Intelligence it pains me to say that we has decent in that movie because of how tame his character was. So I think depending on the script, Hart isn't as bad as I thought he was.

Would have done well in 2004 or whenever those books were popular

>kevin hart
into the trash it goes; fucking dropped, etc

ya, lost it up my mum's snatch tho

It's a perfectly fine voice cast.
As long as I don't have to look at Ed Helms, I'm fine.

She's voicing Wedgie Woman. That's honestly perfect casting.

We've been waiting for a long, long time for a worthy adaptation over on /lit/
Ditto for The Day My Butt Went Psycho

I want her to yell at me in between her blowing me.

>TRA-LA-LAAAA

Does /lit/ discuss captain underpants? I wanted to make a thead but I know how elitist they can be. I didn't want to be laughed off

How has no one posted the page with Harold's husband and George's interracial family yet?

Because nobody cares that much and those who do have already seen it a thousand times

If you do it in such a way that people can't tell whether it's ironic or sincere, and if I see it, I for one will play along (I bring up TDMBWP on occasion).

Flip-O-Rama when?

15 years too late.

Current climate won't help it, might really trigger people with head injuries.

I am watching this no matter what. Also I'm interested to see how they elongate the story since the book is like 30 seconds to read.

I hope they start the movie with
>"This is George and Harold. George is the one on the left with the tie and the flat top. Harold is the one on the right with the t-shirt and a really bad haircut. Remember that now."
If not, I'm leaving the theatre.

More like 20 years too late. I remember doing some book shittery about this at school in -97. Did it because it has so much fucking pictures in it you don't actually have to know it's fart humoring lore content. Shit was so cash, had A or whatever the fuck it is these days in those facilities.

I'm with you. Really curious to see how the movie is structured. I really can't imagine them not having an announcer sense so much of the books identity is told through the third person, but that would seem kinda out of place in a dreamworks movie.

>Also I'm interested to see how they elongate the story since the book is like 30 seconds to read.
I imagine they are going to mash some of the select books into 2 hours. Its already confirmed that both Professor Poopy Pants, AND Wedgie Woman are confirmed. Plus, I would assume that captain underpants is going to have his super powers in this movie, which if I remember correctly he gets in the one with the lunch ladies

Who doesn't like poo poo pee pee?

I feel as though it'll have some VO narration. Either by George, Harold, or CapU.

Should've been Live Action imo. Kevin James as CapU would've been pure kino :)
>joking of course
But they will probably fuck up the animation somehow. Probably make it some gross 3D clay shit. Groce! Yuck!

So far its looking like its going for a Peanuts Movie style, which is honestly the best way for them to go with it

Sounds like fucking 3rd world. Here in western countries one is considered retard for reading such shit at that age.

For the life of me I don't understand why this movie is being made now. It's target demographic of elementary school age boys are now well into their 20's.

What was their plan in making money off this thing?

Nostalgia?

Meta commentary on millennial manchildren?

Someone help me understand this madness.

Ehh. I don't really like that style. I think they should make it like Up/Big Hero 6.

Pure autism yeah. Kids of that time are well over 20's by now and these novels were never quite big thing. 30 seconds of farts and shit and I recall there was some mid book action shitfest part you had to fap pages like motherfucker.

>Kevin Hart as Harold
Hahaha oh man I actually had the tiniest sliver of hope of this being watchable. Thanks Hollywood. Maybe we could get children to voice... children?

My 14 year old brother read these as a kid m8

hollywood is always doing something in the nostalgia dept.
most of the times it's shite

Do you think they'll bring up this plot element?

Why in the fuck did they necro this shit from 90's?

Day my butt went psycho is one of the strangest things I've ever read. I read the whole thing in a night as a kid and it honestly feels like a weird fever dream.
>riding on the poopoises

How progressive

Harold was always a faggot; I see no problem.

I really see no issue here. Its not being forced at all

bump

that shit is lit bruh

Working in public education, I routinely see high schoolers doing the same thing today with Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
I'd tell them it's pathetic and that they could at least spring for, I don't know, Animal Farm or something, but I don't really want to get fired for being insensitive.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???

Where the hell can I read these online? I can't find a torrent anywhere

>American "culture"

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

This feels really late but if it's good I'll take my wife's son to see it. also he is my son too.

In a kid's book? Deplorable.

Its perfect timing desu

Meh. Doesn't bother me too much. I think its more the author giving the finger to book fairs that normally ban books over this kind of stuff.

Leave capekino to me

About 14 years too late

Also pic related

Oh is this going to ruin your child hood too?

grow up, your body is already there

Well the cover isn't hiding or lying about anything.

So you can't get that mad if you thought it would be anything other that fart humor

Everyone in my school thought it was joking that he turned out to be a faggot and made fun of it for it. We started calling kids who acted too faggoty Harolds so we wouldn't get into trouble.

That book didn't come out until at least 2012 right? How old are you?

This was in college.

>these people who think this movie is "late"
>They don't realize that it's current release date was probably planned as far back as 2009

It's deliberate you chuckle fucks. Google the words "nostalgia" and "pandering"

did the series get any better? the last one i read was super diaper baby

I think everyone who could possibly be lurking this thread hasn't read the series since 2008

Bad cover.

Come back, so we can be young men together again. Come back with me.

>Dreamworks

You'd think they'd be aware of "dreamworks face" by now. This is the most blatant case.

When will we get a Maus movie?