youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w
twitter.com/Vladyssita/status/832916866624520192
twitter.com/Grimezsz
ableton.com/en/blog/grimes-bird-calls-and-dentists-drills/
youtu.be/MHNb1k7YxeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she has nice feet and a good voice, so yes i will be nice

You know you're on Sup Forums when...

>implying you wouldn't inhale her foot odor after a long and sweaty concert while you jack off
okay buddy

If she looked even remotely attractive her mediocre music and pathetic weeaboo fans would be atleast tolerable.

have you heard Kill v. Maim?
youtube.com/watch?v=c2EJMd7ZN7w

her fanbase has more autistic and have less self-awareness than the wifu culture

they're genuine too, they're not ironically infatuated with her like your average taylor swift fan

all she does is empower a group of mentally ill degenerates, her music reach is very limited as she an unrelatable narcissistic cunt

twitter.com/Vladyssita/status/832916866624520192

you can't blame the artist on how autistic the fans are

twitter.com/Grimezsz

she's part of the problem tho

i'd love her to do a covers record even though she's too lazy to learn how to read sheet music, i mean if Tori can do it she can too

shes just an autistic person which autistic people can relate to

fair enough

is that Kate Bush?

but y tho?

Of course

Your stupid post doesn't make any sense. If you pretend she looked even remotely attractive (she's already attractive but whatever) then she would have even more dedicated fans. Especially if you pretend that her music is mediocre. You can't have such success as her with both ugly look and mediocre music.

>then she would have even more dedicated fans
wrong

her uggo appearence just makes her waifu bait for a bunch of stinky reddit posting weebs

and she isnt popular, outside of your autistic little circle on this board shes a fucking nobody

I call that bullshit.

The new Kate Bush

can she really not fucking read sheet music

god shes a fucking disgrace

>can make commercially and critically acclaimed music without knowing sheet music
>she is a fucking disgrace

try again idiot

Of course that post makes no sense, just like 99% of Grimes hate. Sure there are some who won't like her or her music, then there's the "full retard" crew that shows up with completely irrational ramblings or troll bait.

why is grimes legit retarded

No. She just makes great music that some people love it. She's a musician, not an actress. That's all.

Why do you keep circumventing the bans, asshole?

>implying i got fucking permabanned for having the audacity to not enjoy grimes
yeah no

i got a 24 hour ban for off topic posting and now im back

why are you so entitled that you think anyone who disagrees with you should be permanently banned?

This. These dumb Grimes haters come with the stupidiest scenarios I've ever seen. To claim that people are attracted to her because she's ugly and makes mediocre music is absolutely retarded. They don't even say she's beautiful (at least they would have an excuse) because they're complete morons. These suckers were btfo and banned so many times and they never learn. Truly stupid "people".

grimes makes good music. but her fanbase and herself are stupid and retarded
good thing i can separate art from the artist

>This. These dumb Grimes haters come with the stupidiest scenarios I've ever seen
>mfw every single grimes thread is filled with the absolute most tortured mental gymnastics ive ever seen to rationalize her music being good and important in the current scene
oh that sweet irony

Just a 24h ban? Unbelievable. You should be permabanned because you're a stubborn shitposter.

>why are you so entitled that you think anyone who disagrees with you should be permanently banned?
It's your right to not like her. But to post all that crap on every Grimes thread, that's unacceptable. We (the fans) get it: you hate her. You already said that many times. But enough is enough.

>mfw every single grimes thread is filled with the absolute most tortured mental gymnastics ive ever seen to rationalize her music being good and important in the current scene
Like what? Post examples to prove your point.

>We (the fans) get it: you hate her. You already said that many times. But enough is enough
Huh thats funny I was just about to say the same thing. We (the actual Sup Forumstants not the reddit crossposting newfaggot grimesposters) get it: you like her. You've already said it many many times. But enough is enough, its time to fuck off.

If you keep bringing her up just to discuss the same fucking album over and over again then I'm free to keep talking about how much she fucking sucks

Holy fuck you really do think disagreeing with you should be against the rules dont you? You are such an entitled piece of shit

>Post example
see
Haters are the only mental gymnasts.

Most modern musician can't read sheet music because they perform their own music anyway. Sheet music exist mainly for OTHER people to perform a composition.

Not him by the way. but the bigger question is what mental defect you have to keep coming in and shitting up every thread.

Thats an overly simplistic way of viewing it and its largely incorrect

So, you're posting a troll thread as a proof? That's rich, bruh. Did you even read it? It was mainly an autistic Ariel Pink fan's "show".

im a girl you fucker.

nah the bigger question is what mental defecit you have to have to enjoy grimes

Overly simplistic or not, that seems plausible. In the past, classical composers wrote music for orchestras to perform. Of course they needed a way to "instruct" the orchestra how to play their compositions. Hence, the sheet music.

These days most bands compose their own music and they know it by heart because they perform it so many times themselves.

>girl
I doubt it. Bruh.

>In the past, classical composers wrote music for orchestras to perform
Or they wrote solo pieces and transcribed them onto sheet music so they could actually remember how they went since they probably wrote 500 other pieces

You're still viewing this in an extremely reductory manner

it's more trauma related

You broke the board's rules, fuckwit. What is the purpose of your useless shitposting, you fucker? Why do you keep shitting every thread like a huge autist? Let other people discuss an artist as much as they want, it's not your fucking business. If I'd be a mod I would hunt your every post and ban you instantly. The fact that you were banned so many times it should be a signal to your retarded mind that you crossed the line.

>Or they wrote solo pieces and transcribed them onto sheet music so they could actually remember how they went since they probably wrote 500 other pieces
That too. But these days recorded music exists, so they could simply listen to their own music if they forgot how it went.

>being this autist
You're a lost cause.

>What is the purpose of your useless shitposting, you fucker?
Id ask you the same question. I get sick of discussing artists I enjoy. You've discussed grimes enough, its time to move on and expand your tastes
>Let other people discuss an artist as much as they want
Hey I'm here to discuss her too, its just that my opinion of her is very negative. If you keep making threads where the objective is to "discuss grimes," then I'm going to come in and discuss her music being absolute shit, because its how I feel

Again
>BAWW MODS BAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME

>But these days recorded music exists, so they could simply listen to their own music if they forgot how it went.
That's a really fucked method

You'd just be making your life way more difficult than it needs to be

Trying to copy a song just by ear listening isnt super easy, reading music is, by compairison, like 100 times easier

>You've discussed grimes enough, its time to move on and expand your tastes
Are you trying to police what people should post here, autist? Keep dreaming.

>Hey I'm here to discuss her too, its just that my opinion of her is very negative. If you keep making threads where the objective is to "discuss grimes," then I'm going to come in and discuss her music being absolute shit, because its how I feel
Maybe you're dumb enough to not know about a function called filtering. Filter these threads and move your fat ass out of them and take your shitty opinions with you. You're persona non grata here.

y'all are the mlp fans of music

Every piece of music is transcribed before it's sent to ASCAP for copyright and royalty collection anyways.
>Trying to copy a song just by ear listening isnt super easy
Yes it is, anyone good with theory can transcribe. Music transcription is a business.

>Are you trying to police what people should post here, autist?
Are you really this lacking in self awareness
>Maybe you're dumb enough to not know about a function called filtering.
You grimesfaggots are constantly evading filters, and invading other threads, so you brought this on yourself

Theres a reason no one hates the kpop posters, thats because they stay in their containment thread

Music sheet is just an abstraction between the composer's intention and the real sounds. Most musicians are fine without it because most modern music is vocals-based with a fairly simple instrumental. If you don't have long instrumental compositions you don't need any music sheet most of the time.

>Yes it is, anyone good with theory can transcribe.
Yeah its easy for experienced musicians who most certainly have a thorough knowledge of how to read music, but if you're such an unlearned amateur that you dont even actually know how to read music? Learning by ear is going to be a much more difficult route.

I didn't know that, thanks.

Yeah i mean i guess its just unsettling that people who do this for a living cant do, like, literally the first thing that they teach you if you ever start down the road of being educated in the area

Like i'm just some nerdy nobody who plays piano in my spare time and i have a thorough knowledge of musical notation, and its not even my fucking job

Grimes is very very nice.

Finally a nice opinion

>Learning by ear is going to be a much more difficult route.
I'm sure it is. I learned theory in grade school so for me it isn't.

> I learned theory in grade school
yeah you know who didnt learn theory in gradeschool? Fucking grimes

She cant even read music LOL

Maybe that's a good thing after all, because it's very easy to become formulaic once you know music theory.

Grimes doesn't even need to read music. She's the architect of her own music, she has complete control over it in Ableton Live. She's the composer and the performer.

I'm sure she has picked up quite a bit along the way, even the most casual musicians pick some up. Anyway HANA has had training and I'm sure has passed along a great deal of it to Grimes.

>I'm sure she has picked up quite a bit along the way, even the most casual musicians pick some up.
Indeed. She's not a complete ignorant in music theory. She knows much more about production, tho.

e.g.

>I'm always listening for interesting sounds. Like, for example, I recently took a sample of some percussion that had a lot of melodic information in it, put the verb up to 100% and then sampled the verb so that none of the original sample was there but it contained the melodic information. Sometimes I record things in the house like beads or whatever etc. Sometimes I get found samples from online bird watching communities or this or that, haha. Usually I use some combination of these methods.

>For the song “Venus Fly", for example, I had these awesome 808s, that I built using two different 808 sounds. Then I sampled a dentist drill and tuned it to the 808s and layered it very lightly on top so that they sounded a bit more savage but also wide and clean cuz I think I panned the drill hard and the 808s were mono in the center.

ableton.com/en/blog/grimes-bird-calls-and-dentists-drills/

>because it's very easy to become formulaic once you know music theory.
god such an overstated, meaningless, false cliché

Grimes' music sounds super fucking amateurish, the only aspect of production that she seems to have a decent grasp on is programming drums, everything else it's so obvious shes just "playing musician" and has no fucking idea what shes doing

>Anyway HANA has had training and I'm sure has passed along a great deal of it to Grimes.
It's plausible.

>Grimes' music sounds super fucking amateurish
To you, maybe. All over the place =/= amateurish. Apparently most critics (who are supposed to know something about music) praised her music. Songs like Realiti, Be a Body or Oblivion are anything but amateurish: they're subtly layered masterpieces where every single element is important. I'm not even talking about how catchy as fuck they are and about the emotional aspect...

>has no fucking idea what shes doing
That's a stupid thing to say when all her songs have a clear purpose, a clear melody and not even one single second wasted.

ill never beat hana..

>
>they're subtly layered masterpieces where every single element is important
Protip: every song is a "subtly layered mastetpiece" if you overthink it hard enough

Grimes' music is poorly composed, every progession she uses is bland and uninteresting, and her "omg so eclectic" shit is a gimmick she uses to cover that shit up
>who are supposed to know something about music
>still unironically enjoying music journalism in 2017
kys

>Protip: every song is a "subtly layered mastetpiece" if you overthink it hard enough
Actually not. I've heard thousands and thousands of songs in my life, I'm very picky when it comes to quality. Realiti and Oblivion are definitely in my own top 50.

>Grimes' music is poorly composed, every progession she uses is bland and uninteresting, and her "omg so eclectic" shit is a gimmick she uses to cover that shit up
Just a bunch of subjective crap. It's not my problem that you're too pleb to get into her music.

>who are supposed to know something about music
>still unironically enjoying music journalism in 2017
You're a dumbass and you know it. Cheers.

>Protip:
Protip, most popular music is four chord drivel, what's your point.

> Realiti and Oblivion are definitely in my own top 50
thats sad
>Just a bunch of subjective crap. It's not my problem that you're too pleb to get into her music.
Just like its not my problem that you're too pleb to understand what im saying
>You're a dumbass and you know it. Cheers.
Yeah dude smart people read fucking Noisey and Consequence of Sound. Truly those are intellectual publications maintained by scholarly people.

K

Y

S

>You'll never be at this cool of a slumber party.

that grimes isnt even good four chord drivel

Grimes is boring.

>expecting to be taken seriously
You seem really mad and you're wishing me death. Dude, take your pills and post again when you're chill.

You can't pretend that when you're enjoying the more sanitized synthpop of Chvrches... If Grimes is boring then Chvrches are super mega boring.

yeah sorry there isnt a pill you can take that will give you good taste

>says the guy who likes fucking CHVRCHES

>strawman
Anyway, taste is subjective and liking Grimes is generally considered good taste. Consensus, autist.

too bad she doesn't have any real talent

He lacks self awareness

I listen to a lot of other shit, dicks.

Maybe she does and we haven't seen it yet. Her biggest problem is she hooked up with that hack Ben Moody and fucked herself in the process. Grimes might be good for her.
This bretty gud.
youtu.be/MHNb1k7YxeA

> a lot of other shit
Like Nickelback?

>I listen to a lot of other shit
Are you a comedy writer by chance.

Nickleback changed my fucking life.

lel

>and liking Grimes is generally considered good taste
Fking lol

According to whom? Shitty clickbait "music journalism" publications?

You're fucking delusional dude

dang it bobbeh

According to anyone with good taste. You're not one of them.

You are the kind of fucktard that forces himself to listen to """challenging""" music like Swans and pretends to know about classical music.

is she 18 yet?

Yes

you're mentally ill dude

plz bro go get help

>said the real mentally ill