Be me, neet

>be me, neet
>get offered job in an office, works literally 9 to 5 except on weekends
>start first day today
>8 hours of staring at the computer and data entry
>answering phone calls
>no more time for books, or my passion in film
>time passes so fucking slowly, I can feel the life being sucked out of me.

Should I continue doing this? What's the chances of me pursuing a career involving something I love, such as film?

Depends, how old are you?

if you can be a neet, be a neet
a lot of people like me simply cannot because i don't want to bother people around me and yes, would only end up on the curb eventually
just go to work and enjoy movies when you can
you work on a computer, don't bullshit me about lack of possible procrastination

push through for a while, time will eventually fly by, save up and become a neet again. but give your home owner a bit of cash now and then for shopping etc.

>don't bullshit me about lack of possible procrastination

The computers are in full view, I can't get away with shit. I'd rather not be a neet but work with film if I had a choice.

Work, and save up enough to shoot a flim.

While you work think over a script and put it together.

i was thinking about this.

>life is tough i'll post on Sup Forums and get film career advice from autists

can you pull a block buster out of your ass with little to no funds? no, then shut up and continue working till your next chance to do something

>can you pull a block buster out of your ass with little to no funds?

I wasn't talking about being a film maker, but being involved with film. Either from being a director to being like the Nostalgia Critic.

Welcome to the real world where normal people work 8 hours a day for a living

Maybe if you didn't have such garbage time management you'd realize that 8 hours at work and I hours sleeping still gives you 8 hours of freedom a day

There's 0 chance you'll be able to pursue something you enjoy, so just start planning better and look forward to the weekends like the rest of us

If you need more than 8 hours to waste your life playing vidya or watching TV then just sleep a little less, I run on 6 to 7 hours sleep a day no problem

Tl;Dr the feeling of having no time and time passing so slowly is normal, it's just babby's first job throwing a wrench in your disgusting neet brain

>21
>comfy office job
Fuck off so hard, you have it perfect. Try doing physical labor from your early 20s onward. I'm nearly thirty now and I just feel worn out and broken.

I'm not trying to sound mean, I'm just so frustrated and tired, enjoy what you have friend.

This

>Maybe if you didn't have such garbage time management you'd realize that 8 hours at work and I hours sleeping still gives you 8 hours of freedom a day
This is how wagecucks rationalize their slavery

I never said it was good dumbass, but there's no alternative

I'm going back to school this year with the money I saved busting my ass but some people can't afford that luxury

>frustrated and tired
>only in his late 20s

Probably have a shit diet and low T

be thankful for what you have OP.

Some people are forced to work third shift and have to go in on Christmas and New Years when they would rather be with family and friends. Your valuable office experience means you will most likely never know this feel

Stop being a fucking pussy faggot.
Welcome to a grown man life, I always wanted to be a professional football player but GUESS WAT?

I'm 24, work at construction and I'm already tired but there's no other way, you got a comfy job stop bitching about it faggot and deal with it.

construction fucks ya up man, even my health conscious coworkers were in pain, mostly in the knees, its unavoidable. i'm in my early twenties and was already having knee issues, and now i'm not sure I want to return to construction work even though its the surest way for me to get decent pay (i was laid off and then i was crushed by a tractor so i'm neet at the moment)

How much they paying you?

>Fuck off so hard, you have it perfect. Try doing physical labor from your early 20s onward. I'm nearly thirty now and I just feel worn out and broken.
Lel i do hard manual labour and lift in my spare time, its great cardio you queer. You're much healthier doing a manual labor job than the average wagecuck sat in an office ruining his spine and posture for years on end while getting fat.

start stealing shit to fund your passion. map out the cameras and blind spots, steal big shit like printers and monitors. fuck the consequences, at least you followed your dreams which is more than can be said about most other people.

>There's 0 chance you'll be able to pursue something you enjoy
Only if you're not good enough at the things you enjoy to make money doing them. Find something you like, work hard to make it profitable in your free time. You'll probably fail but you may as well try.

>has parents wealthy enough to support their NEET son
>have parents wealthy enough to put a roof over your head
>have parents wealthy enough to feed you and cloth you
>have parents wealthy enough to give you luxury items, like computer and Internet access
>go on Sup Forums
>complain about how hard life is
>complain about your entry level job after only having it for a few days
>complain about keeping 100% of your cheque because you don't have to pay for anything

You worthless fucking NEETS are the worst on this site. Worse than cunny fags, worse than animal gore spammers, worse than all of it. At least the cunny fags and animal gore posters are physiologically I'll. You NEETS are almost always completely normal and healthy, come from a above average white family, and have always pull out the "I have social anxiety and depression" card. Basically, what that means is "I have social anxiety from staying at home all day and not working" and "I'm sad because of it but I call my sadness depression".

You're either going to grow up a late bloomer and look back at yourself one Dayan this age and cringe at how pathetic and silly you were, or you're going to stay this way slowly fall into a deeper and deeper rut.

Why do the jews who run hollywood keep white NEET's down? It really makes you think

So 0 chance then because we're talking about an autistic neet who hasn't worked a day in his life other than today and his "passion for film" is sitting at home shitposting on a Cantonese basket weaving board while watching the high ground and bane scenes over and over

>time passes so fucking slowly, I can feel the life being sucked out of me.

Why not work at a gloryhole

People will resent you if you're a neet but having a job is fucking boring and turns all the days into the same one, it's a lose lose life

Guess what? People work shittier jobs than you temporarily so they can get ahead. Stop being such a god damn worthless beat bitch. What a sad mentality you have. Find a different it sucks so bad, fuck boy.

yeah bro people who do manual labor their entire lives totally don't fuck up their spine or their posture. shithead

The thing that NEETs don't realize is that working makes your time off feel so much more comfy.

Saturdays and Sundays will be great from now on as long as you aren't forced to go in on those days.

Being a NEET makes free time stale eventually. Work will set you free

>be student
>have no job experience
>scared that the degree will be for nothing because no job
Feels like shit desu

fuck off sundays are depressing as hell with monday glaring out you

>Maybe if you didn't have such garbage time management you'd realize that 8 hours at work and I hours sleeping still gives you 8 hours of freedom a day
lmao no

you are at work for 8 hours, sleep for at least 8. that's 16 already gone.
driving to work takes between 30-60 minutes. you do this twice, so bare minimum you waste an hour just traveling to work.
now you have 7 hours
you have to eat, 3 times a day or two big meals. let's say it only takes 2 hours for all your meals, that's a little over 40 minutes to make and eat all meals. that's pretty fucking fast cooking or basic as shit meals.
now you have 5 hours.
you have to shower/bath each day or else smell like shit. let's say 20 minutes for that. you also have to piss and eat each day. for all the times you do that let's just round that up to 20 minutes each day.
then there's setting up the various other shit in your life, like washing cloths, dishes, and other bullshit. let's just say that's all 20 minutes to keep it simple.
that's 4 hours.
4 hours to do what you want, and that's only if you fall asleep very quickly and can get that full 8 hours.

wow 4 hours to do what I want after a trying day of hard work. thanks wageslavery

>freelance work from home earning peanuts (not particularly interesting work)

its like being a neet but technically not

i am so lost

Fridays you get back from work tired and not wanting to do much
Saturdays you can enjoy but when it comes sunday you are just waiting as each hour passes by coming closer and closer to when you have to go to sleep and start it over again

At least you get some fucking time to yourself. I work five to six days a week, 12 hour days. I'm not even bullshitting.

Aren't you so happy to be a productive member of society though? Good sla- err employee, thanks for spending half your life working just to live, we appreciate you so much!

how much did you make in construction and what qualifications do you have?

Having a job is all about finding the motivation to kill yourself.

>21.

Literally kill yourself. I'd just finished uni at 21 and I was working fucking shifts in retail and hated myself so much that I quit with no job to go to, paid rent with my savings whilst looking for a job until I'd used all my savings and had to claim benefits which was fucking humiliating beyond belief, and I still couldn't find work. I wound up getting a job a mate got me as a favour and made redundant. NEET again. Then for two years I wound up doing a shitty job WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO COULDN'T GET EMPLOYED. Now I'm coming up on 28 and only for the past couple years have I had a semi-decent 9 to 5 and it pays shit. Pays so little that the Student Loans Company won't even take money back off of me.

lel what shitty degree did you even get?

listen to audio books at work

neurological science and research

I've had social anxiety since I was a kid. Went to doctors about it, none of them ever really helped me. I'm forced to be a neet and I don't complain about my life. I just live it.

I feel bad I can't properly interact with people in real life, but that's who I am. But hey, at least I can talk to douche bags like you on the internet because I know I never have to meet you face to face. Yay for me... I guess.

sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

jej

English. I fully acknowledge that a large part of my situation was my fault, I was directionless, still am really, and I could've trained to be a teacher, done an MA, any number of things in the intervening years, but I didn't want to commit to something I wasn't genuinely interested in and put effort into working towards something that I'd hate doing. I'm giving this until I'm 33 before doing something drastic.

at the time I was only making $14 an hour, but that increases yearly until you complete the apprenticeship, and then caps off at around $32.00 an hour. not amazing money but about the best i can get with my education history. qualifications for getting into a electrical union or other construction related unions usually only require you to have high school diploma/GED. If you're interested look for IBEW offices, that's a decent electrical union.

>time passes so fucking slowly

on the contrary, the years will fly by working for the man

sure bruh. totally believe you. no one I've met working in the various manual labor jobs I had over the last few years had this dumb ass opinion about it being healthier. shit most ppl call in sick every few weeks cause their backs, legs etc are fucked. so either you have a pussy ass manual labor job or youre a fucking liar

Teach English in China or Japan? Loads of teaching jobs over there!

Seriously, why the fuck didn't you go on to become a teacher? it's like the only realistic way out with that kind of degree.
I can understand not wanting to commit to something but when you study something like that you gotta have some realistic ground to stand on.
An ex gf got a history degree and had to go on to get a master and then another master for teaching, her new bf is a lazy fucker and is stuck baking bread with a history degree to wipe his ass as well.

>turning 24
>$16/hr job at call center for college campus
>busy during july/august/december/january but for the most part get to relax and do nothing but browse the internet for 6 hours a day
>qt nurse in training gf that loves me and wants me to be a stay at home dad when we have a kid
>have my own place and a pet parakeet

feels ok man

please this is not thread for bragging, many of us in very much pain here

>He thinks a 9-5 isn't easy as shit
Really? Knowing when you go to work, having weekends and holidays off, having plenty of time in the evening and morning to do things so you can enjoy your weekends even more, and you have the audacity to bitch about this?

I would but desu I don't think I could hack it in a foreign country. It's not like I have many friends, but wouldn't want to lose the few I do, and I'd die of loneliness in China or Japan.

>Seriously, why the fuck didn't you go on to become a teacher? it's like the only realistic way out with that kind of degree.

That's kind of sort of why. I can train to be a teach in a year at any point in my life, so it seemed ridiculous to make that the very first thing I tried out and be in school for the rest of my life. The job I have now is fine apart from the pay, so I'm just going to see if I can jump ship and get a salary bump.

>implying I'm bragging about making such a pittance

$16/hr is literally shit tier for my age

>got job as office assistant
>work from 8:30-5
>get to leave early on fridays
>little to do all day
>get to browse the internet all I want
>got offered a position as a managet

stop being a shit

the MAJORITY of famous writers, actors, filmmakers, pick-your-medium artists had to do shit or menial jobs in order to eat, have a roof over their head, and *shocking* fund their materials for those professions

the meme of just suddenly becoming a writer/ filmmaker/whatever needs to end, unless you come from a loaded or well-connected family

>What's the chances of me pursuing a career involving something I love, such as film?

Zero. Because you didn't go to school for it and clearly lack the motivation to do so.

then why are most construction workers fat fucks

wow i get to lift heavy shit, even if i dont want to that particular day! and i didnt even get paid a decent wage? perfect!

manual labor sucks dont try defending it