Mexico looking at Argentina and Brazil as an alternative for US corn

>Mexico looking at Argentina and Brazil as an alternative for US corn
>“I'm going to send a bill for the corn that we are buying in the Midwest and...change to Brazil or Argentina,” Rios Piter told CNN.
>“Mexican politicians are toying with the idea of buying their corn from South America instead of the US to teach the US President a lesson in unintended consequences,” said Tobin Gorey, at Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

>Mexico last year imported 13 million tons of yellow corn, of which 12.75 million tons were provided by US farmers with a bill of US$ 2.3bn.

en.mercopress.com/2017/02/17/mexico-looking-at-argentina-and-brazil-as-an-alternative-for-us-corn

can Mexico fuck up USA's economy in any possible way?
they're doing this but I don't know how significant of a loss it would be for USA's economy.

I get the hate for immigrants and whatnot, but worsening your economic relations with a neighboring country is fucking stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

indexmundi.com/agriculture/?commodity=corn
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_production_in_the_United_States#Value
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mexico alone cant fuck up the economy, but what Trump plans to do surely will. Itll start off small with some prices rising, which some people cab defend, but in the end he'll just fuck up relations with most countries.

We got corn. You want some soy with that? Coffee? Meat? We got everything.

I dunno, but Brazilians love Trump because we know he's good for our economy.

Yes. Trade war has losers on both sides.

His fans don't care. They have the same mentality as suicide bombers and less courage.

Don't worry, Mejico, you can buy some of our corn.

American corn farmers are fucked since we are their biggest market, but that's about it.

NAFTA did more damage to the US and that was pushed by our own government

Mexico has no leverage in anything they threaten to do regarding the US

>HFCS

This is obviously bad news for agriculture in the US, but it can't possibly wreck our entire economy, and we can do much more damage to Mexico's economy than they can do to ours in a trade war. What concerns me is what would happen if Trump had a trade war with China too.

No, no, buy our corn

Fuck off, man. He said he wanted our corn.

So both sides get damaged and somehow this is a win for one of them?

This. Trump is already blowing chinese wang to prevent this.

>Mexico
>Birth place of Maize
>Importing Maize from US
HAHAHA

You don't get it, we consume more than we produce

Cutting off your nose to spite your face

yes, I believe that was his point.

$25 billion goes from mexican immigrants in the US to Mexico.

Would be a real shame if that stopped.

>NAFTA did more damage to the US
Where the fuck do you protectionist retards come up with this?

Basic economic concepts like opportunity cost, and competitive advantage are lost on my countrymen.

indexmundi.com/agriculture/?commodity=corn

OH WOW
You produce less than my fucking state!

Because nafta you retard

NAFTA completely fucked our farmers and boost yours, they are about to get hit, prices on everything are also going to go up for you no matter what. In the entirety of its existence (20 years) you lost 800,000 jobs to Mexico, while gaining 5 million jobs because of it. Obama created more jobs in one year than all the jobs lost in 20 to us, that again, you didn't since you gained 4.2 million more. You lost all your jobs to China and machines, not to Mexicans.

In short, because of NAFTA
- Things cost less for Americans
- You gained 4.2 million jobs
- Your corn farmers thrived

Meanwhile, in Mexico
- Our farmers got destroyed
- Our GDP per capita stagnated
- We became slave labour
- We got some cheap things in return

You are a fucking idiot if you think it damaged you in any way.

Originally protectionism was a leftist idea pursued by unions and worker advocates. Leftist academics were the ones who came up with the term neoliberalism and attached its negative connotations. Ironically Sup Forums loves Pinochet even though he was influenced by the Chicago school of economics that liberalized the chilean economy.

But if you get damaged by the trade war then clearly your face wasn't in danger.

"Iowa, the largest producer of corn in the US, grows three times as much corn as Mexico."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_production_in_the_United_States#Value

That didn't answer his question in the slightest.

t. The_Donald

lmao

>mexifats

I really really really want this to happen so all the peruvians, congolombians, haitians, dominicans, mierdoricans, hungryzuelans and every other piece of shit inmigrant leaves this place and go get a job picking up corn in Argentina. Pls Mexico make this happen.

why are Mexicans so cornfused?

How so? He will just hit you with the Mexico and Chyna hammer if you start doing too well.

The fact that you believe this is retarded. Hell if we went into a trade war with you we'd crash your economy hard in all the states Trump flipped.

dumb neoliberal
neoliberal+probably a kike

Fuck off irrelevant South American country, dont ever reply to me again.

Colombians are notorious American lapdogs. Now that Trump is in power he probably thinks he's defending you.

hahaha good one.

That is a lot of corn!!!!

pls no my family owns a corn farm in Iowa
We send like 60% of what we produce to Mexico

Many such cases.

fuck off kike, you can't tell me what to do
>colombian government=all colombians

>can Mexico fuck up USA's economy in any possible way?
they can but we can fuck up theirs more

roughly 13% of our exports go to mexico which IS an admittedly enormous amount that would cause some economic backlash if reduced or stopped outright but roughly 74% of mexicos exports go to us. Started a trade war would harm them FAR more than it would us.

I didn't vote

Then you don't get to complain

We had two shitty options, I wasn't going to pick either one.

retarded meme

>Started a trade war would harm them FAR more than it would us.
Seeking alternatives for export is not by itself a trade war.

*or import, in this case.

Tough shit. You still don't get to complain.

>implying an opinion from a non-democratic shithole counts

FUCKING THIS

people say the same shit here, it's still retarded

We both know Trump will take it and market it as a personal betrayal.

If the US economic stance becomes defined by surly, childish spite, the implications will stretch farther and much deeper than any trade war with Mexico every could.

He might take it that way. But worth remembering, as both the Right and Left seem keen to forget: Trump isn't a dictator. The Founders foresaw the potential damage a madman can cause when given the reins. Our separation of powers is extensive, if the recent immigration ban put on full display.

As for the Congressional side of the equation, whatever fault you can put at the feet of the Republicans, one thing is certain: they aren't utter batshit Trumpkins. And they will tug the leash if he intends to go off the rail. As we're seeing on the subject of Russia.

that wasn't an answer

you just spewed some dumb shit about leftists and academics

is the USA going to stop free movement of capitals?
the USA no longer is a champion of free trade? what would Reagan think?

This