I'm getting so hyped about this game. Anyone else?

I'm getting so hyped about this game. Anyone else?

>What features do you hope will come from the trilogy?
>What new features do you most wanna see?
>Where do you hope they improve on the trilogy?
>And stop bitching about the way 3 ended. Y'all sound like a bunch bitches, and by the way it was not that bad.

Also post games you are hyped about, and why you think they will be cool.

Fuck it, also post games you thought were underrated or overrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

Red dead of course, never played any of the mass effects

>underrated
Deadspace 1-2

Firewatch

OP here claiming id.

This.

Rockstar makes such lovely games, and they are also good at releasing just the right amount of details before the game comes out, or at least they were with GTA V, and they have been so far with Red Dead 2. I really hope it's a prequel, it looks to be. I wanna play as John again, i kinda hope the multiple protagonist thing doesn't continue, although i'm sure if it does R* will make it good.

Are you saying Firewatch is over rated? Because if so, than fuck you.

I want to see more RPG aspects and my choices to actually matter.

Firewatch is the best game they ever made

I was stoked about it until Maghfoor Mansoor or whatever that fucking guy's name is who writes the shit started freaking out about how cis white people are scum, etc.

The default Commander Shepard is a fucking white guy, and that's the one I used.

Grossly underrated game: Neon Chrome. It just came out last year but it's the best roguelike shooter I've ever played or imagined. I have put so many hours into that fucking game and I think I'm the only person in the world who played it.

Grossly overrated game: Fallout. Yeah, I said it. I liked FO1 and 2 when they were top down, but muh graphix killed that kind of thing and now everything has to be a first person shooter / elder scrolls knockoff.

You know what I like about the elder scrolls games? They're fun to just go walking around in. Go for a walk in Fallout 4 and it's like hitting up your local trash dump for a hike. Not for me.

How many gay characters will BioWare have in the game this time. I bet 3.

>not learning your lesson about the dangers of hype from No Man's Sky and other similarly overly-hyped disappointments in recent memory

Rockstar = cash grab. Fuck their games

All of them will have the option. Everybody's bisexual in the future, but the hetero option is frowned upon because some people might take it as racist.

Racist.

There probably a whole planet that you get to discover that is all LGBT

yea...fuck that piece of shit nothing to do after 10 hours

The last rockstar game i liked was GTA2. The top down cyberpunk one with the announcer. That makes me feel very strange.

Well being bi is half gay

>no man's gonna play this shit

amen

Neon Chrome is fucking boss. Assassin + railgun = FUCK YEAH BOYYY

>one mans sky

Am i the only one who felt that gta5 was just designed to be not fun enough without paying for money. I just got sick of playing the same 2 missions over and over for decent money.

How is it cash grab? GTA 5 every DLC has been FREE.

Fallout 3 was shit, but New Vegas was fucking great.

OP here answering his own questions like a tool...

>What new features do you most wanna see?
I know it's not gonna happen and fans would probably be opposed to the idea, but i like base building in everything, and i want it in Mass Effect too.

>Where do you hope they improve on the trilogy?
I hope that there will be a lot more romance options and they will be more fleshed out, and not so procedural (if that's the word i'm looking for.)

Tons and tons of customization.

you literally will be supporting swjs

don't

You obviously never played much, there are copious amounts of activities to do to make good money. Im making 85k a game playing their double RP/Double cash game mode for example. Heists net a good amount of money (well over 100k), and missions get about 10-20k solo or with friends.

Really hope we get a female turian.

it's not like they fucked up the 3rd one pretty hard

>Not being able to tell the difference between when a game looks promising, and when a community, or company is generating bullshit hype.

But 3's DLCs were fucking amazing

It was beautiful, they just fucked up the very end.

B...b...but No Man's Sky just got a SOOPER KEWL PATCH! It's totally the best game ever and nobody every doubted it and it's perfect and ZOMG HELLO GAMES GETS ALL MY MONIES FROM NOW ON BEST DAY EVER

I have a retarded friend that went from jacking off to NMS pre-launch, then trying to convince me that it was the best thing ever when it tanked. Even he started to hate it (and this is a dude that SOMEHOW managed to enjoy 500+ hours of that shitstain game), but as soon as the patch hits, NOPE, everything is totally fine and forgiven!

This is the cancer mindset that has brought us the current "get away with anything" culture in gaming.

I thought the whole point of it taking place in the Andromeda Galaxy is that we will be introduced to a whole new cast of aliens species to keep things fresh.

I think I hate more that they didn't milk the ending of three as much as they could've, rather than the ending itself. I am, however, excited for andromeda. I definitely am excited to see what new technologies they've made in the past 200 years, or however long it will have been.

I've got money the reset is going to be used as an excuse to make the most PC cast of characters possible. One of the heads working on Andromeda is a RAGING sjw type.

lets name all hyped useless games
1.titanfall
2.no man's sky
3.battlefield haardline

Pokemon GO for the casuals

4.battlefield 1
5.call of duty infinite warfare

It will start out being the same stuff you had in Mass Effect 2 because the characters will have been sleeping since then. They don't know about the reapers, but you will build more things and find new alien shit.

I would argue that for many people the line between PR bullshit and actual game mechanics is a pretty grey one, especially if the only gameplay available is straight from the game developer or publisher. Everyone should wait for reviews to come out on any game before buying it in my opinion.

Titanfall 2 isn't bad. I never played the original.

honestly im so done with the fucking Asari

Why BF1? Haven't played it myself, but I've heard good things.

>re-playing a rpg turned inter-species bi dating Sim with pew pew guns but now with different last names... and a sibling!
>promising

Can't wait to hear the krogans bitch about their busted balls, turians bitch about the stick up their ass, asari bitch about their stuck up society of blue sluts, quarians batching that their space gypsy culture is perceived as the Ives because they got caught stealing, Geth switching sides every game and the humans in your crew bitching about how everyone is racist/not racist enough. Only now the awkward forced romance scenes can have nicer graphics.

I'm okay with that as long as every romancable character is bisexual and they don't damage the story by shoving SJW values down the player's throat.

>forced romance

Shitlord detected

No man. Some times it's way safe to assume when you trust the company and love the franchise.

Titanfall 2 has been reviewed pretty well by every major review site and YouTuber, and I can personally attest that Battlefield 1 is a lot of fun.

It's not bad either. I didn't like the nigra on the cover art, because it's incredibly innacurate though.

ARK survival evolved
I leave that piece of shit in my steamlist as my reminder not to preorder anything else

because it's Battlefield "insert name here".

sure people now says, its good but in 2 months the "OMG its world war 1 guyzzz" is gonna stop, and people gonna remember that its basically star was battlefront " the shit one".

Underrated

I got titanfall 2 for $29 on Black Friday. Worth every penny

In trying to make the game sound simplistic you made it sound just as complex as it actually is. None of these characters are actually flat like you want people to think. You're just giving a description of them and pretending that's all there is.

But even that doesn't always work. I trusted Bungie because of it's decade of good work with the Halo franchise, so I bought the $100 version of Destiny. That was a fucking awful game that implemented aspects of gambling to get people addicted and keep coming back. It was devoid of any narrative personality or good writing.

Firewatch is the best game I e ever play

Not all the time.

>Batman: Arkham franchise

3 awesome games, then dropping a completely legendary turd that looked badass and polished

>Battlefield franchise

They gave us fucking Hardline. 2 was legend, 3 was good after patches, 4 *is* legend.

>Assassin's Creed

Nothing really to say here. Started great, now look where it is.

Trusting game companies is a thing of the past now, at least IMO. The culture of "fuck polish or content, we need to render random character X's dingleberries in 9000k or else gamers will revolt!!!!" has killed that.

I almost bought this during last steam sales
Why is it so underrated?
Might pick it up during winter sales

>2 was legend
You mean bad company, right?

>mfw I no longer get hyped about games

This is why we can't have nice things

Assassin's Creed has always only been a little better than mediocre

Never played battlefield.

And that's a good point about the Arkham games, but i said "safe to assume? not foolproof.

first was waaaaay better

See.
And also there are always indicators that a game is not gonna be as good as advertised, if you're smart enough to look for them, and you really know what you like.

>TFW it's the sixth most popular game on Steam right now, and the developers are being rewarded for shitty business practices.

Open world, one of the best class systems of any rpg I've played, great gameplay that caters well to different classes. Not amazing dialogue and characters, but an intetesting story with many side quests. I could say a lot more about what makes it great, but I would recommend just playing it. It's like dark souls, skyrim, and shadow of the colossus combined.

I have really been feeling this way too. I play almost no video games anymore and it's like my favorite thing to do. I hope Mass Effect and Red Dead 2 are good enough to hold me over until some more interesting shit comes out.

if theres one game im hyped for, its mount and blade 2

>Overwatch
In case anyone needs another example

>i said "safe to assume? not foolproof.

Yet people in general (not necessarily you) throw legendary shit fits when they "safely assume" that their favorite game studio is going to make an awesome game, and it turns out to be trash. They do this, however, AFTER they have already forked over $100+ for whatever upper edition is available of a game that's probably under a review embargo so that enough money can be milked out of it day 1 to try and recoup cost. Pre-orders are cancerous, and are enabling developers to safely get away with releasing what is essentially a beta game that you're PAYING to debug.

Great fucking example of devs shafting players, and one that has gotten me hate before: Skyrim. To my mind, one of the WORST TRAVESTIES in gaming history; Bethesda released one of the most bug-ridden, vapid shells of a game possible, and modders jumped all over it in a heartbeat. The fact that you are practically required to download 3+ "Community Bugfix Patches" before you can really get a polished experience on the vanilla, unmodded game itself is fucking mind-boggling...yet people still hold it up as one of the greatest things since sliced fucking bread. Post-mod Skyrim? Different story entirely, it's fucking amazing. But that's after the efforts of people that are generally unaffiliated with the original company have had their go at it; it's content that was released post-hoc, and is basically polishing the original turd. If it was impossible to mod, Skyrim would have a much different place in history.

Game devs are *actively preying* on the "it's ok to pre-order because this company is legit" mindset, and thankfully, they're finally getting knocked down for it (Ubisoft, EA, ect).

Only hyped for Chronicles of Elyria, some spergy mmo coming out in 1-10 years.

I've stopped getting hyped for most AAA games, especially EA. There's just not enough depth in them for me anymore.

I like to tell myself Blizzard is working on Warcraft 4 and that its custom games will be great like Wc3 was.

Unfortunately, it's actually pretty good...now. AFTER they, like so many others, got free labor for debugging by releasing it at AAA costs in beta form.

>depth

Depth has been sacrificed for people sperging out when some random photo-realistic 4k texture dares to clip through a random wall for a split second. Some of the best games I've played in the last 3 years or so have had absolutely atrocious graphics but BEAUTIFUL mechanics/story.

This game was criminally underrated.

>Beater stealth mechanics than almost any other game.
>Fun story.
>Tons of stuff to do.
>It almost never gets boring or repetitive.
>Replayble as fuck.

[zalgo] Nazperdian hive-mind [/zalgo]

>Overweeb
fuck blizzard pandering to Asians

True story. Great fun for one hour, then you realize you've done everything there is to do.

This game was way more fun than it had any right to be.

Defiantly underrated.

I still play vidya nearly everyday, it's just that I don't get exited for new games anymore, not the way I used to anyways when I was younger. I remember when the first Assassins Creed was announced, I was so hyped, traded in nearly all my games to play it. And fable 1, oh my god, that game was the whole reason I got an xbox in the first place.

I used to stay awake at night thinking about all the cool stuff I could to in fable 2 when it released, watching shitty 480p videos of Peter Mole-something blabbering about some dumb shit that sounded sooo cool (but never actually made it into to the game but eh).

I don't know what happened, maybe I got older and my priorities shifted or maybe I've just been burned too many times, hyping a game up to something it can never deliver on.

>Being an adult feelsbadman.exif

I'll buy that game from GameStop. Not giving EA/Bioware my money after ME3.

>over shoulder shooting games
I don't see why you call them FPS's, they're 3PS's or TPS's.

It is kind of a scary feeling. To be so in love with games for so long and all of a sudden be so uninspired by them. Like i said though, there are a few games on the horizon that give me hope for the future, and the next few generations of gaming devices (of all kinds) is gonna be really exciting i think.

90% of the hatred for this game is people jumping on a hype train. Maybe it didn't end how you wanted, but the game was still solid.

This.

Fanboys are so fucking dumb sometimes. The end to there amazing franchise is less than perfect and they spend the next 5 years bitching about it.

>Entire Bioware team is now almost exclusively women who have no merit past affirmative action for even working at a game company
>Only good Mass Effect game is the original
>Other than Zaieed Massani the others had nothing to contribute and were garbage
>Literally got rid of the writer who made the original perfect after 2(of course he got sidelined by a co-writer in the second and had EA slap a fuckton of rules on what could and could not be done)
>Told you to go fuck yourself with literally everything in the third game
Remind me again why you like sucking cocks OP

Definitely.

I just played through theass effect trilogy straight because I got 3 (hadn't played it yet) and wanted a fresh new character.

I also dodged spoilers for years so got to see that ending fresh. Sorry to join the ranks, it was pretty terrible. Especially after a 2 week daily after work marathon and a really angry girlfriend and forsaken chores.

Like wtf.

Anyway yeah Andromeda should be amazing

Also my overrated game: overwatch.

It's good, I like it a lot. But it's not worth all the cartoons and ARGs and attention it gets.

This

>Rockstar
Rockstar doesn't make or even touch Red Dead and they never have
Rockstar is the publisher only, Angel studios is the one who makes Red Dead
You are basically saying Bethesda makes Dishonored
Also
>Liking GTA past 14

How old are you kid? Deaspace original IP got reviews that matched Mass Effect and just as much praise
You just don't hear about it anymore because it's been 5 years

Private companies don't have affirmative action you moron

>Liking GTA past 14
Gaming snob. So you're like seriously retarded huh?

Tough luck buddy you're getting an even shittier version of ME3
You've got a better chance of Obsidian making a good sequel to KOTOR II without Chris Priestly than you do Bioshit making a good Mass Effect title

This desu
I also kinda liked three but at that point its was getting kinda shitty

There's the hype train again...mass effect 2 was amazing, so how is it they can't make a good mass effect title?

Fuck off MMA Vegas was dog shit, it got boring so fast I literally tlreturned the physical copy and I never do that with games
>Muh graphics
Are you fucking high? FO3 got criticised out the ass for using graphics that were ten years old
Kill yourself you faggot fuck NMA