TRAITOR!!!

Has everyone forgotten? Jon Snow ABANDONED the nights watch which he vowed to serve for the rest of his life. Why has no one ordered his execution yet???? This is absurd, a huge plot hole that makes me strongly suggest the quality of writing this show brings. Everyone else who left got theres? It shouldn't be any different for him

Since well, he died?

He died, thus fulfilling his oath

>serve for the rest of his life
he died, technically ending his vow

But the lord of light brought him back to continue serving and he took advantage of him. Karma will get to him the way it gets to everyone else in the game. Screen cap this post

But the other houses don't know that, and if they were told, who would believe that?

I doubt anyone gives a shit about the NW

same goes for the existence of the white walkers

No one of the big houses really gives a shit about the night's watch and their oath though. Especially not in a time of war. Even before Jon died and was resurrected, Stannis offered to make him warden of the north.

everyone does

if there was no penalty for desertion everyone would just desert right away

everyone in the NW can attest to the fact that he was brought back from the dead, his watch is ended

People who've been convinced b literally everybody in castle black saying the same fucking story.
It's unlikely they won't believe the whole NW when they say he died then came back to life thus ending his vows.
Also his chest is propbably swiss cheese he just have to show them his manly scared pecs.

This is something I don't really understand. They glossed over it by having Jon say that he died, and he's technically true, but literally no one outside of Castle Black knows about this, but I'm sure tons of people know that Ned Stark's bastard went to the wall.

It'd be a whole thing of people calling him a deserter and then him having to "prove" he actually died and fulfilled his oaths. Did he even tell Sansa about him dying? I can't remember. I think he says something along the lines of "I fought. And I lost," but she doesn't really bat an eye when talking about him leaving the Wall and retaking Winterfell.

The only ones who really give a shit any more about the oath was Ned and since he is dead the rest of the lords don't really give a fuck because he is not there to behead them. There is a reason why Jon and his uncle were the only two that were not forced to serve for some crime they had committed.

Only one who gave a shit was Ned Stark, though he was a stone cold autist who could not do anything but obsessively follow rules.

>Bu..but Stanis is actually the next in line by the rules of. . .
>You are in a room surrounded by 300 heavily armed guards who all say I am the king.
>But. . I have this piece of paper that says
>I have 300 swords that say different
>The letter says I am to rule until Stannis gets here
>TAKE THE KNEE BITCH!
>Um. . . But the paper, it says
>OFF WITH HIS HEAD
>But guys, the paper says. . .

I thought there was a scene where he tells her that his brother killed him but I am not certain. Sansa doesn't give a fuck about Jon anyway though she probably doesn't even listen when he speaks.

Why didn't the writers mention the white walkers at all during the jon snow scene? It felt like the northerners were skeptical of that but nobody brought it up.

If they were already convinced about the white walkers why would they even propose going back to their homes or not allying with the wildings?

It seems like they prefer vague foreshadowing instead of outwardly stating shit.

I really doubt all the men and women camped at Winterfell HAVEN'T heard the stories about what Jon has gone through. The wildlings can attest to it all. I guess instead of spelling it out again for the audience, they're going with the ominous, "I know where the real war is" dialogue.

It felt weird that they just left it out. I mean if they're aware of the threat then convincing them shouldn't even have been a problem. And if not, then there should've been a scene where they said the wildlings are liars.

How does one little girl's pep talk sway public opinion that much.

>died for our sins
>traitor

>a world where miracles and supernatural are an observable occurrence
>being a skeptic of weird shit happening, with witnesses no less

The only resurrections are literally Jon Snow and that fucker from the brothers without banners. Two people on the whole world, and noone knows shit about either of them.

And everyone laughs at your face when you mention white walkers. And that's even a documented historical occurency.

The Nights Watch is basically a prison full of red shirt meatheads. Nobody wants a truly excellent fighter and a good tactician to rot in there.

But now there are at least a hundred survivors from the battles at the Wall and at Hardhome. It's understandable that not everyone would be 100% convinced after immediately hearing about all this crazy magical shit because in their time magic has supposedly died out.

Hell, I'm surprised that no one in the North has gotten word about Dany and her dragons. Even that news reached the shores of Westeros by now (I know, bookfagging it with this). Hopefully Jon and Davos will acknowledge this early on in the next season.

I doubt people would believe wildlings (Hardhome survivors) and there aren't many watchmen present. Doubt every one would send a raven to couvh for Snow.

>They know Jon Snow had a Giant in his army, as well as the wildlings
>King of the North when knowing about his battle of White Walkers coming
Yea I don't think they'd find him dying to be that far fetched at this point. Either way, he's the closest thing to Ned that they've got left.