Have you ever had a genuine religious experience?

Have you ever had a genuine religious experience?

Has God ever spoken to you? Have you felt his presence.

I have multiple graduate level degrees in religion, and I want to confess, I've never had a true religious experience in my life.

I just don't get what people get so worked up about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BN_DXzAr9Lk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

At least your smart.

*you're

I almost didn't graduate. Not on purpose though I've been victimized since I was young.

STD one of those degrees?

Nope, never. My sister is an ex-methhead and she has them all the time.

Most people's are when they survive a car wreck or something but I just wonder why god didn't just stop the wreck altogether.

Nope, got married in college before my Reserve unit deployed to Baghdad.

>have multiple graduate level degrees in religion

Enjoy having a useless degree

Sacrae Theologiae Doctor (S.T.D.) you witty shit.

No, my school's Religious degree is through the Philosophy department; it's not a theology program.

No
I mean i had stuff like if i had this urge to do something like apologize to someone bcs i was an asshole and then i drove off like 5 minutes later and bcs of that i didnt get involved in a car accident
That kind off stuff yes, but nothing where god spoke to me or an angel came down and showed himself to me

nope. got excommunicated when I was 9. too many questions asked during catechism class

OP here,

I spent some time in Rome this summer. Saw a lot, never felt a "presence"

Well, to be fair, criticizing the Catholic Church is going after low hanging fruit.

thought I was spunk once

youtube.com/watch?v=BN_DXzAr9Lk

never, I'm atheist and I have some kind of mental incapacity for this kind of experience. I tried to meditate, I tried to be hypnotized, but it does nothing for me. I'm not superstitious, I don't believe in conspiracies or pseudo-science, I never did drugs except pot when I was younger. I always considered that it is good to be rational, not-emotional, skeptical and down to earth. But I kinda feel a hole in my heart, like my life is meaningless. I'm starting to think that my refusal to fall for religious belief of some kind, or my spiritual blindness got me in this state where I can't seem to function properly.

The closest I've come to a religious experience is when some guy named Jesus mowed my lawn.

Vision on ayahuasca. I wouldn't call it a trip, more of a vision.

When it started, I needed to concentrate really hard. Sound of water pouring was the most relaxing thing ever. Then I saw what I saw and in the end against the purest of black background was me, watching myself.

When I came down an hour from that time sort of unsynchronized. I saw what would happen 'in reality' many seconds prior to it happening.

This sort of gave me the idea that I'm really dead and 'living' the flashback of life that we're supposed to have just before we die.

god just gave me dubs

Yes, quite a few.
Have you ever asked the holy spirit to visit you and let you experience God's truth and presence?
Without it, the bible is just really a bunch of words at the end of the day.

god is dead