Began the industrial revolution which brought the world into the modern age

>began the industrial revolution which brought the world into the modern age
>theory of gravity
>theory of evolution
>biggest empire in history
>colonies which became rich and powerful, sensible economic policies and government which allowed them to thrive
>world language
>founder of parliamentary democracy
>invented football, golf, rugby and cricket, the most popular sports in the world
>to this day still a nuclear armed UN security council member, and one of the largest economies in the world

You guys banter the UK, but looking at it objectively we are one of the greatest civilisations of all time. We're a small rainy island and we had a bigger impact on the whole world than any other people on Earth. Why are we so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love the UK, not gonna lie. The only country that comes close to us in sheer output of great music.

>empire
lol @ pitcairn

rule britannia

I'm pretty sure that bearing the brunt of such responsibility would set anyone back.
Just taking a breather, then?

truth

You destroy us in hip hop but we destroy you in rock.

Overall I'd probably give Brits the edge because Revolver is a British record, but American music is absolutely fantastic. Better innovators than us for sure.

gj op

>the era of powerful nation states are over
>the era of megablocs/mega-sized countries has begun

british dominance is in terminal decline nigel, its too small and becoming unimportant in global impact or reach. its why the bigger players in the world no long respect britain as they once did.

get your tongue out his ass

*puts it in yours*

That's why we make our own bloc.

With polo and scones.

>colonies which became rich and powerful, sensible economic policies and government which allowed them to thrive

Literally turned India into a festering shithole. They went from 25% of the world's gdp to. 25 or something

why do you feel the need to create this thread every day?

And you fucked us up for 200 years and looted everything from India. :( only salvation that we beat you consistently at every sport that you invented and taught us. And you can't stop eating our food. And that you left an amazing railroad system here. But you guys should be tried for crimes against humanity for what you did to India and the Caribbean.

I agree. India used to be the richest country in the world before the Brits abuses our hospitality. And these cunts created Pakistan but didn't make sure that all those muzzie fucks left India. Ahmed were 2 percent of our population when we got independent, but they can't stop fucking and our 10 percent now. All cuz of these English cunts.

Well, now that they leave EU, they will come to you begging for Free Trade Agreement, so you can have some sort of satisfaction

Actually India just overtook British economy as the 5th largest in the world recently I guess.

good job india
and i think around 2030, Brits will be in India, begging for money and doing lower class work

Btw live in Bangalore right now. Most of my friends here are Germans. They're working here since so many german companies had invested in India. Germans by far the the most amazing group of people I've ever met. Funny cuz I grew up watching Hollywood movies with the stereotype that Germans don't have a sense of humour. I realised it's just that they don't get sarcasm a lot cuz they're direct people, speaking their heart. You should visit Bangalore sometime; so many German breweries here and nearby exotic areas full of rasta Germans. They're insanely fun!
And FYI, India isn't really as poo-in-the koi as the west thinks lmao. Open defecation only happens in some really bad slums and some villages, it isn't as poor a country as people think.

yeah blame that womanizer nehru and gandhi for the mudslimes in India. Nt the anglos.

The Commonwealth countries already stopped caring about the UK when the UK slowly abandoned them. Canada has literally everything to lose by moving away from the US and towards the UK. So does New Zealand and Australia with China and the US. Stop jerking yourself off because you think that the British Empire is ever going to happen again.

>The Commonwealth countries already stopped caring about the UK when the UK slowly abandoned them

NZ and Australia were on the phone within hours after the Brexit result wanting a free trade deal.

For most of its history the UK did not have sensible economic policies; it had the gold standard (and before that the silver standard) instead. It had a lot of other things going for it which enabled it to thrive anyway, but it would be way ahead of where it is now if it had stuck with a fiat currency.

In the 21st century though, the situation is quite similar despite now having a fiat currency: the UK would have benefitted from much more expansionary economic policies since the GFC, but it chose not to implement them.

>Brit clinging to the past
The past is irrelevant. What matters is the present and the future. Aztecs and Maya were once great, too, but who cares?
Ancient Egypt ruled longer than anybody else. So what?
Ancient Rome has set an example for us all. But that doesn't mean we aspire to be modern Italians. They're a caricature of their former selfs. As are Brits.

>Indians and football
>Indians and rugby
>Indians and golf
>Indians and athletics
Dhoni there are more sports than cricket.

Too bad, you are giving your island to hordes of savages.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY

Pot calling the kettle black

>truly powerful empire back in the days
>plenty of achievements in the past
>seems to being ended up as a feeding breasts to Muslim rapefugees and a stomping ground for hindis pakis and so on despite of brexit and shit
How does it feel lad, ay up me duck?

I feel sad for Britain though because I love Britain.

How did we do it, lads? We're just a tiny island.

That will never happen

and you also made israel

By being an empire, duh...

Btw.:
>What the EU does is that it peacefully solves the basic, enduring problem of European polities: the issue of scale. The Central European states of the interwar period fail not only because they are too weak to defend themselves from neighbours and imperial powers, but because they have small economies, poorly integrated into a wider regional framework. Overseas empires solve this problem of scale, but only temporarily and in ways that we now regard as morally problematic, since they presuppose fixed economic and racial hierarchies. The EU solved the problem of scale for everyone.
>...
>However, there is darker side to it. If you get rid of the European Union, you are left with nothing. Empires are no longer possible and nation states are no longer viable. The end of the EU doesn’t mean that the member states can retreat to the model as it existed before World War Two. That model was a disaster, and populist nationalism is ignoring this central fact. If the EU goes, the nation state is next.