youtube.com/watch?v=N3oM8W4sf50
youtube.com/watch?v=qvDesFdOdF8
youtube.com/watch?v=lYtkW9_Wmn4
youtube.com/watch?v=BiOA852M6Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=zKU2iS4OMq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Except that it's not even weird.

Except that it is.

It's psychedelic. Listen to it on acid and you'll understand.

Maybe I'm jaded but I genuinely don't see how MPP is weird, at all.

>Most acessible Anco
>top charting record
>my girls was a huge hit
>weird
king of plebs

Drones are too experimental for pleb OP

>this is my first non mainstream pop record

its called creativity faggot
ur opinion doesnt fukken matter

Listen up retard, MPP is many things but creative isn't one of them. There's only one genuinely ingenuity and creative song, and that's summertime clothes. The rest is basic ass oh so indie reverb/harmonies. MPP was the album that AnCo learned what the hell a chord progression was - that's not creativity.

Let's see how well you'll do with this

youtube.com/watch?v=N3oM8W4sf50

this album gave me tinnitus

>genuinely ingenuity

>no response so I'll just point out a typo

fuck off back to instagram

That's just plain wrong. Look at the progressions on Water Curses or on April & the Phantom. Tons of attention went into MPP. Just check the polyrhythmic bass on Also Frightened or the 5/4 time and Willy Wonka sample on Daily Routine. If anything Summertime Clothes is the most by the books song on it

>Summertime Clothes is the most by the books song on it
wow. someone just unironically said this

>he points out time signatures in critique as if its anything significant

aaaaand dropped.

>There's only one genuinely ingenuity and creative song
>and that's the most basic pop song on the album

What the fuck? That's how everyone knows you have no idea what you're talking about.

literally was, and didnt seem that weird

Summertime Clothes is a good song but if you know anything about music or theory like you're trying to insist, then you know it's quite simplistic. That doesn't mean it's bad but compared nearly every other song on the album it's so simple in theory.

not really, listen to their second album and you will see that this is pretty normal for their standards

>nu-Sup Forums thinks MPP of all albums is super weird and so not pop

this place is beyond repair.

>it's quite simplistic

It's anything but. Just because it doesn't have forced gimmicks that retards like to call ingenuity or creativity like they were doing early on, Summertime actually is blending unique sounds in a competent manner

You're just a retarded pleb that falls for gimmicks like time signature as genuine creativity. Retards like you is why most musically educated people hate rym and lastfm

>muh sounds
Wow you couldn't make a decent point if you tried

Yeah buddy, nobody is going to argue further with you when you start spewing 12 year old insults like "retarded pleb". I love how you're making such an ass of yourself when I actually agree with you that Summertime does have great sound design. Melodically and rhythmically, it's still simple. And the song still sounds fucking good.

So breathe, and take your medications.

>rhythmically, it's still simple.

look I know neither of us are gonna write a formal paper on this but youre literally retarded if you think so. go back to talking about the avant compositions in trout mask replica or some shit

Taste is my second top track on last.fm, so fuck you I like it

debussy* typo

ay b0ss gime dubussy b0ss

>literally pop music with some light african music influences
>too weird for OP

>couldn't get past the pleb filter

lol
i like the song but it's literally so simple
what, just cause it's got the little polyrhythm going on with the main synth line and the drums?
really not very complicated - cool though!

The melody is essentially just a dotted 8th-16th-8th triplet pattern that moves in stepwise motion. That's what makes it so catchy.

The mars volta is basically wierd for the sake of wierd and guess what? the mars volta are one of the best bands of all time ayy

Is there something wrong with being weird just to be weird? Being weird is fun

it's really not

Did you just start listening to non top 40 music or something? This shit is good but it's really nothing more than well done psychedelic pop.

>MPP
>Weird
You haven't listened to much of AnCo have you?

youtube.com/watch?v=qvDesFdOdF8
youtube.com/watch?v=lYtkW9_Wmn4
youtube.com/watch?v=BiOA852M6Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=zKU2iS4OMq0

GOAT

First album is Magnum Opus

You will never make your first album as great as this and they were 19 or so when this was fist made fyi (for your information).

this is weirder

really? thats their most pleb album

have another reply

Jesus fuck how much of a pleb can you be?

If you actually think timbres aren't the most important thing in popular music you're the definition of pretentious.

>STG,STV or Sung Tongs or Indian or Strawberry Jam not patrician

any AnCo record other than the ones up there would have made for a better "patrician" album then feels

(excluding Centipede hz)

I bet you're one of those poltards who heard about Sup Forums on twitter last year

>(excluding Centipede hz)

why don't people like Centipede Hz? it's one of my favorites

Centipede is the patrician's choice to be honest.

>When New Town Burnout segues into Monkey Riches
wew

Cuz is a masterpiece from start to finish

>they were 19
what am I doing with my life

>take your medications
No, don't. You Americans consume too much Adderall.

Agreed. Lyrically it's strong as fuck. Amanita is one of their best closing tracks, and it's the most aggressive e album they've done making it sound wholly unique to them imo.

Also has some of their coolest hidden gems like Mercury Man and Rosie Oh.

Today's supernatural is also a good one. Rosie Oh is baroque as fuck and also a good song. I really don't understand why CHz got bad reviews. The haters were even too stupid to pronounce the album. 'Centipede eich-zee' fucking morons