What does Sup Forums think about mac demarco?

what does Sup Forums think about mac demarco?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghGUZvcEHew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cool guy who makes 6/10 music
great background music

decent songwriter that has built a fanbase on his image rather than his music. Most of his songs sound the same sadly, but it's good nonetheless

Rock N' Roll Nightclub a best

pretty good songwriter with some comfy nighttime tunes even if a lot of them sound the same

have met him, incredibly chill and pleasant person irl, we discussed microbrews

annoying fanbase of kids who think it's cool to smoke and can't separate the sound from the image

Genuinely good person.
Very good at writing catchy melodies and hooks.
Only gripe is that after listening to him for a while, all the songs kinda sound the same or very grating on the ears.

unintentionally killed southern California's music scene along with burger records

got mad at me when I called out his 14 year old weed kid filthy frank meme generation tame impala fan base to him irl once

his music is...alright. it's not bad but it's not amazing, the worst criticism you can throw at it is that it's not terribly interesting or inventive

He's bad, his fans are worse.

Find it hard to believe you discussed microbrews when he's said more than once that he hates the craft beer fad and ipas and shit

E X P O S E D

amazing music, amazing guy.
one of my favorites of the 2010s

I think Salad Days is a great album, rest of his stuff is ok. His new singles are really good, looking forward to the new album.

Seems like a chill dude, fans can be real obnoxious though. I read an interview with him where he said he was annoyed by the misconception that he was lazy because he was relaxed, and in reality he worked and tours constantly. I can't help but feel that his fans project their laziness onto him.

no he really is lazy

How is he live? Seeing him in Boise next month

Just got done listening to Salad Days and that album was surprising and great

Pretty unreal in a small venue.

I enjoy his music when I'm getting ready in the morning. salad days is a good album to wake up to.

never said we discussed how great microbrews were

>tfw Sup Forums was jacking off over Salad Days when it came out 3 years ago

His music is 6.5/10 however his inner person boosts that up to like an 8

I constantly repeat Mac Demarco to my friends' ears when we're high because it feels really nice

he's such a fake attention whore who cruises off the image of being "chill"

please stop giving him attention

not really, he tours constantly and puts out albums on a pretty regular basis

This

Faux-Indie

you literally cannot deny this

>tfw one of the tv show presenter 16 or 14 years ago he enjoyed making fun about women collaborators and sometimes he dress off they, like dress, bikini and something. tits and as I said before playing in a swimmingool he quit bikini bottom and show her shaved pussy is a video from 2000-2003

git fuct :^)

makes chill music, nothing too special

his fans are incredibly annoying

one of my friends that I sometimes talk music with won't stop dickriding mac and will call out similar music as "fake indie" and "stealing mac's vibes"

salad days was a good album though

>14 year old weed kid filthy frank meme generation tame impala fan base

nice

copied connan mockasin's sound, and made it less weird

>got mad at me when I called out his 14 year old weed kid filthy frank meme generation tame impala fan base to him irl once
what did he say? Was he actually mad or did he just seem like 'hey knock it off man those are my fans'

>got mad at me when I called out his 14 year old weed kid filthy frank meme generation tame impala fan base to him irl once
Story time, user. You can't just tease us like this.

People who are into things like Mac Demarco, Sam Hyde, Filthy FRank, Tame Impala, Death Grips, "Ironic" memes, pop punk, rare pepes, and vaporwave are almost always insufferable. Just a bunch of retarded children raised by the Internet with no personality other than regurgitating "dank" memes from facebook. Fuck these people when will these trends die?

you are on Sup Forums, the wellspring of memeculture

great artist
best of the 2010s
new album is fucking lit
great guy too love the vids where he's just fucking around doing weird shit with vhs aesthetics

If you don't like Mac Demarco you hate fun and probably have never stuck your penis in a vagina.

Just good solid tunes and good vibes all around. Girls dig it too. What's not to love?

>What's not to love?

He's getting too popular. Once certain people get too famous and you see too much of them everywhere, they stop being as fun/entertaining. Not because they've gotten worse or anything, but because you just see them way too much and get tired of it.

Same thing that happened with Tame Impala. They're good, I like them. But when everyone and their mother starts jerking themselves off to The Less I Know The Better, I'm not going to go home and listen to them when I've heard them everywhere all day.

I feel like the same thing is happening to Mac DeMarco. He's good, don't get me wrong on that at all. I like his music. But this next album is going to be so overplayed, i can feel it already. And great for Mac, honestly. He deserves it, seems like a genuinely good dude. But if I head his music everywhere during my day, I'm not going to listen to him when I'm alone and need to unwind. He'll be something generic, accessible, and non-offensive to play in the car with friends, not something that I genuinely want to listen to.

you ok, bud? did somebody like this fuck the stacy you've had a crush on for years?

Indie's last hope, for better or for worse

one of the only relevant rock artists right now

seen him twice, once in concert and once at a festival. Both were great but like others say, his fan base of 15 year old "i'm so depressed lemme smoke" shit heads suck dick

let me elaborate on this, the punks dropped his ass when he went to stage dive and then fell on my sister and I, rest of the crowd tried to touch him and tramples us.

It was only by god and a well placed punch that I got out and got my sister out of the pit

he failed at a stage dive? oof. I thought he was known for those, but it may not have been the usual crowd

wut.

god, i feel the same way. a-am i hipster ? :(

proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=ghGUZvcEHew

Why are people throwing punches and mac demarco concerts ?

People misconstrue "laid-back" for "lazy" to justify their wholly unsatisfying work ethic. Sure, Mac probably enjoys a lot of beer and darts, but he's always making shit and touring because it's a job that he enjoys and doesn't want to phone in.

He went to my friend's party in Echo park. We talked for a bit, mostly about old bands, nice guy, started talking about annoying Echo park poseurs, saw it as an opportunity to tell him about his shitty fan base, and he didn't really respond, just sort of shot me an annoyed look and was like "alright, dude".

For the record, I don't think he is one of those types at all, just panders to them.

>2
>2012
FTFY

>implying someone like that would ever fuck the girl i have a crush on who's a 9/10 cutie that only bangs chads
good try user