Stunads thread

What was the significance (if any) of his hobby with trains??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SnbWCE38tlY
youtube.com/watch?v=SDpah5OAnPA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a childish hobby meant to reflect Bobby's emotional immaturity despite wanting to have more responsibility.

/thread.
live by the train die by the train

lol I think you're reading a little to much into that.

Yea I don't really think so..
How would that reflect his rise to rank and abilities to help Tony in the later half of 6B? It wouldn't.

thought that was chris christie for a second

>crashing this train with no survivors
he didn't die so good.

It is.

Under the board walk

youtube.com/watch?v=SnbWCE38tlY

Is this Harpo?
I heard someone post about it being a possibility and another saying it's not possible for some reason.

God, that was such a dick move by Tony. Like what was he trying to do there?

he probably wanted to dress up like godzilla and smash the trains and stuff

It was just banter.

I need more sopranos tier books

Because trains are love. Trains are life.

Why don't you have a train hobby?

Hold Bobby underneath him in his delusional Sopranos family nature, for one.

>mobpill

A Guy's Guide to
Breaking Balls Without Getting Fresh.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKING SHINEBOX

A Guy's Guide to Getting Your Fuckin' Shinebox.

here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=SDpah5OAnPA

I'm already listenin to this in the other tab kek

not really, the whole series bobby was always seen as more childish than the other mobsters

>never killed anyone
>got made because of his father
>was juniors driver for many years
>spared by Tony because he wasn't a threat
>constantly crying about his dead wife

>not killing anyone is childish

None of that is childish, homes.

If anything, The Sopranos is a great show for demonstrating how in the right Bobby is for most of it.

Sopranos Home Movies in particular uses Bobby as a sort of final clue-in mirror to the audience saying "Hey, Tony is a real fucking prick and you shouldn't be rooting for him blindly."

>constantly crying about his dead wife

You mean, at her fucking funeral? You need to rewatch the show buddy, I think a lot of things flew over your head

CARMELLA COULD YOU PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

Is that the Shah of Irian?

Notice they don't show Bobby playing with trains after the episode he gets robbed by the black kids? He tries to get Bobby Jr. to play with him but his son tells Bobby to fuck off in so many words. The trains are no longer in the show from that point until literally the scene where Bobby dies.

Autism. It's well known that people with ASD are obsessed with trains.

Which doesn't really go with what you're saying, otherwise he wouldn't be buying trains for himself at the end.

The guy at the counter said something about how his son will really enjoy the Blue Comet and Bobby says "he doesn't care".

I got your sopranos-core books right here, famiglia.

he didn't buy trains so good

20 FUCKIN YEARS!

What do you mean it doesn't go with what I'm saying? Bobby wants more responsibility and respect. Tony doesn't respect Bobby and thinks he's soft. Seeing Bobby playing with the trains on more than one occasion gives credibility to Tony's opinion. HOWEVER when 6A starts to wrap up, Christopher is seen as more and more of a problem, so Tony starts to bring in Bobby closer at the start of 6B while pushing Christopher away. It can be assumed that Bobby had significantly less time for his model trains because of the new jobs he had to take on. His trip to the hobby shop in "The Blue Comet" was obviously a special occasion and it cost him dearly.

And Bobby says "He won't give a shit" you fucking prole.

man, Sopranos Home Movies is such an amazing episode. might be my favorite of the whole series

>And Bobby says "He won't give a shit" you fucking prole

? Not that guy but he specifically said "He don't care"

I think you're reading way to much into Bobby's death. I think Blue Comet has to have some meaning as to why the episode is named Blue Comet and Bobby gets gunned down on the train tracks, but I hardly think it's an intentional "he shouldn't have played with trains" motif or some shit..

I hardly think that's what it's meant to reflect. You seem to view this show from Tony's perspective being the ultimate perspective of narrative.

Also, see
fucking half a fag.

>You seem to view this show from Tony's perspective being the ultimate perspective of narrative.
well the opening title is literally Tony driving the viewer into his world so excuse me for having that perspective.

That's a pleb perspective, rooting for the anti-villain by season 6.

View the show more objectively why don't ya?