How's this:

How's this:
According to current calculations:
Hillary won the popular vote 47.8% to Trumps 47.3%

Trump won the electoral college and the election.

Hillary won California by 61.6% of the vote to Trump's 33.1%

If we remove California, then Trump won the rest of the country by 51.3% to Hillary's 48.7%.

So if you go by popular vote, you could say Hillary is the President of California and Trump is the President of the rest of the country.

The real question is do we want California or any other large state to decide the fate of the nation.

What would an election look like if we only used the popular vote? California and a few other states would decide it. The rest of the country? Oh Well!

So, all you liberals out there that have minority interests so dear to your hearts, what do you have to say?

And as to all this litigation: All you liberals who think that money should not influence the elective process, what do you say about someone with a wealthy foundation behind them trying to throw the election?

Other urls found in this thread:

eia.gov/state/rankings/#/series/12
eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=4370
presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/16360/how-much-candidate-spend-per-vote#13-Hillary-Clinton-13-97-per-vote
presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/16360/how-much-candidate-spend-per-vote#15-Donald-Trump-5-19-per-vote
eia.gov/state/analysis.cfm?sid=CA
youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

The popular vote is an entirely pointless statistic as neither of the candidates campaigned for the popular vote. Their biggest presence was in swing states.

Ok well if you get rid of california you also get rid of the 5th largest economy in the world, so what shitty nation do you have left

California wants to secede. I say we should let them. Hillary can be their new president.

Instead we have hicks from backwater states deciding the fate of the people who actually matter.

the delusion

>tfw the rest of the US would fall into decay without CA.

the honest truth...the only reason trump was allowed to be president was to keep the anti-government, prejudice, ignorant, bigoted, ethnic nationalistic retards at bay and this was really the only way to do it. (moreover, remind them once again that when you want to act retarded it will ultimately hurt you and those around you while a small various segments benefit and laugh at your stupidity)

Obama was a lousy nigga

You mean that economy that goes bankrupt every couple years? The one that overly polices its citizens with legislation that only affects law abiding citizens, sometimes making them criminals overnight, and does nothing to keep the people they say they're targeting from committing the crimes they targeted? Yeah. Nothing of value would be lost.

No one matters.

Sorry, bud. Granted, California is the leading agricultural-producing state, but that can easily be replaced. Goodbye California. Don't come to the other 49 states when your freshwater supplies are fully depleted.

Also electricity. They buy the majority from outside of their state.

Sorry, bud. Not living in California does not qualify you as a hick.

wrong. they produce a ton of energy, gas, electric and oil. without this, the other 49 states would be paying astronomical prices for their energy.

Fuck California.

>The real question is do we want California or any other large state to decide the fate of the nation.
this is why we have the electrical collage.

The United States of America...

Wrong. They're 9th in energy production. Not equal to the amount of energy that they consume.

It's funny because California imports more electricity than any other state.

HEY! I'm hiding from the nigger hunters. Mind if I hide in this thread for awhile?

>reasoning that california's votes should not be included in the grand total

lol how do u evn democrac

popular vote had hilary first
EC had trump first

trump called the EC a sham, that it should be removed from the voting process

where does your flip-flopping president elect stand now?

Anyone wins with enough money. That's what trump taught the world

> Have lived in California
> Have lived in not-California

In any metric worth caring out, California is better.

Dozens of lawsuits were filed against delegates from the electoral college yesterday, in an effort to have them declare Hillary Clinton the winner.

This is not over yet. Democratic groups are really putting the pressure on the EC over the next couple of weeks. They will face years of litigation if they don't choose Hillary Clinton as the winner of the election.

No problem

>typical trump supporter

Nope. They are actually 11th place in production and consume 1/10th the power they produce.

>eia.gov/state/rankings/#/series/12

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this.

they produce power for most of the western states, and produce gas and oil for nearly the entire country. people fail to realize that california is actually a bigger oil producer than texas.

>Anyone wins with enough money
If that were true Hillary would have won

>If that were true Hillary would have won
Exactly.

I saw somewhere the price per vote for both of them. It was stunning how much Hillary actually ended up spending per vote.

just make each state have 1 point and winner takes it so each state is equal value making swing states absolete
or make each state have a number of points and then divide them between candidates based of popular vote per state. so for example 10 points and clinton got 42% and trump got 51% and random guy got 7% then trump gets 5, clinton 4 rando 1.

Yes, if you remove 1/10 of the population of a country, it's gonna change a vote. I absolutely want my country decided by heavily populated areas. You know, where the people live. Fuck what PA and NH has to say, give me TX and FL in a cage match with CA and I'll be fine

she spent (not her personally but the whole campaign fund) close to 1 billion
forget how much trump spent but i think he actually ran one of the most cost effective campaigns ever spending as little as possible

Trump $4.84 per vote
Hillary $13.47 per vote

Wrong, and wrong. They bring in about a quarter of their total energy used from other states. 11th in production. Even a worse stat from my 9th. And the 1/10th is a made up statistic. To cite your own source:

eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=4370

Yeah dude Cascadia+greater California would quickly turn to a mix of Fallout NV with "Do Androids Dream..."

Fucking this.

Hillary Clinton: $13.97 per vote
presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/16360/how-much-candidate-spend-per-vote#13-Hillary-Clinton-13-97-per-vote

Donald Trump: $5.19 per vote
presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/16360/how-much-candidate-spend-per-vote#15-Donald-Trump-5-19-per-vote

We already have a system like that. It's called the electoral college.

You say you care about heavily populated areas. You say fuck Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is the 6th most populated state. Please, revisit your logic before speaking. Fuck.

>Hillary won the popular vote 47.8% to Trumps 47.3%
Only if you pretend illegal immigrants don't exist.
At least 3 million of them voted, mostly in places like California where it's not legal but not discouraged.
As far as the electoral college, it's there to prevent mobs of retards ruling the country aka California. It worked exactly as it was intended to work.

Refer to

>The real question is do we want California or any other large state to decide the fate of the nation

this is exactly what the EC does, getting rid of it makes every vote count the same

2/10 for making me reply

that's not why we have the EC. the EC was designed to keep certain people out of the office of president. this is exactly why HRC will be declared the winner.

Proof?

which many people find unfair since you have places like california who equal a dozen other states. if they want it to be fair make all states equal. but then same people complaining about current system would still bitch and cry since it would mean they cant win a few states and overpower many others

See

the EC was designed in the 1700s it wasnt made for hillary or trump

its just a pain to change the constitution and it rarely affects elections so we havent done anything about it

Keep telling yourself that kiddo. It was created to give every state a say in who gets elected.

/thread

2019 CALEXIT

Bait be damned, Trump won fair and square. You may not like it, but it happened. Deal with it.

every PERSON has a say why would what state they live in matter? Why should a vote in ohio matter more than one in texas or newyork?

California is a part of the Union, not sure whats the purpose of excluding them from your popular vote count. People in California's opinion matter less than your opinion...because you disagree with prevailing opinion there...sounds rather convenient.

Makes sense to me that the will of the people should decide the election. And that some votes shouldnt 'count' more than others. I think our electoral system is flawed, exactly because it promotes campaigning in only swing states. Why should the issues facing those swing states be more important than the issues the country at large faces? It is purely an artifact that those states get the most attention from campaigning presidential nominees - that is surely not what our founding fathers intended.

That said, rules is rules. They are what they are until they are changed and I respect the results that come out of them. I do think we should change them tho for the reasons stated above.

Some guy who does data analysis for medical insurance companies pointed it out. But we all knew it was going to happen, Obama even said illegal immigrants couldn't be punished in any way for voting.

at least we can all agree on yeezy 2020

How are those recounts going?

Wisconsin actually found errors that originally cheated Trump out of some votes. They have since corrected that, so Trump now has a bigger lead there so far...

>implying "campaigning" does anything

people are set in their opinions. If you arent pissed off enough to vote seeing a comerical or that a rally is in your area isnt going to sway you in any way

>so far
Until they start throwing out the bad votes uploaded by the Russians. Then we'll see how Trump's doing.

libtards dont know shit about the election system.

the founding fathers created this type of election system to avoid a tyranny of the majority and to have a better democratic system than europe. these men had some serious knowledge.

They're probably lobotomising him right now so I doubt it.
After he revealed his power level at that show they brought him to the hospital in handcuffs and canceled his tour.

Even Obama himself has come out and said the administration has no credible evidence that the vote was "hacked".

Hunters that hunt niggers or hunters that are niggers?

In what way does it address that at all? Like gerrymandering, it simply puts more weight on close victories than landslides

you're point is void because trump won and it proves big states don't decide elections. California stays.

Your logic is a mess bud. If youre trying to ignore the electoral college, and just go by popular vote, why are you immediately falling back on arbitrary delineations like state lines? They would also be pointless. Even in California 1 out of 3 voted for Trump. Your false dichotomy straw man is showing.
Whats the point of this thread? If we stopped counting electoral votes the way we are now, and started doing it some other weird way that would suck? Or do you just not understand that a straight popular vote count is unweighted, and then there is no point to whining about populous states vs unpopular? Or are you just so blind to your own brainwashing you just want a thread to demonstrate your fear of democracy, your poor grasp of politics and your inability to understand basic math?

1.3 billion

that cant be real

so much fucking money.
for what did she spent all that cash?

Trips of salty truth.

DAK DAR DAK HILLARY BILLTON TOOK DUR MONEY FROM THE ARABIANS TO SUPPORT ISIS IN THE GADDAFI CRYING FROM GOLDEN TOILET TO SEWER DRAG

the electoral college absolutely affects elections you idiot. just like polls do. most morons just vote for who they think is the frontrunner. get a clue dolt.

First, nice of you to pick a 6 year old data point. Second, they only import 1/4 of their total electricity. In oil, natural gas, biomass and other fuels they far out wiegh any other western state. Those fuels go out to other states to burn and come back to California as liw cost electricity.

eia.gov/state/analysis.cfm?sid=CA

And my stats were incorrect. They consume 196 Million btus of energy (per capita) and export 2413 Trillion btus. So its closer to 1/12 total production.

my mans cancelled his own shit and got admitted on account of some temporary psychosis endgendered by a combination of stress, sleep deprivation, and dehydration

it wasn't political just ye being ye. kimd never let em cauterize mans brain

anyway he aint revealed nun we aint already known for a decade lmao kanye is the greatest of all time what else is new

>being this retarded

It let's the non-population centers have a more fair say in the election. Just because a large group all live in one or two areas, doesn't mean that, that group specifically understands the problems from the remaining groups.

It's actually quite brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

Ctr shills and pizza

the end is near, we are all going to die the end is nigh this parallel is doomed everybody THE END IS COMING

Its pretty well documented that the founding fathers were looking to prevent unqualified populist candidates from taking office when they installed the EC. It was a layer of insulation between the popular vote and the presidency.
Also important, it was meant as a compromise to assure that the less populated southern states would have a better shot at the presidency as to promote some equity of power between the North and South. That dynamic is largely dead...but I understand the argument about having less populous states having their say as well....I just don't agree with it. One man one vote makes the most sense to me from a fairness perspective.

Shill army, giant 150" uhd tvs she broke after she lost, a huge spcial effects glass ceiling, a massive fireworks show, celebrity endorsement, probably a bunch of bribes.
I believe it, she got at least 25 million just from Saudi Arabia.

isnt it a bit silly to say that california and a few other states would make the decision? i mean the individuals in the state would give the votes, 1 for each right? i doubt any state is politically homogeneous. and isnt it just as unfair" that a state with 40k inhabitans has the same political power as one with 1 mil (not real numbers obv)?

ps. not american and basically politically retarded, just have questions.

Yeah he cancelled his own tour.
From the hospital.
In handcuffs.

Mostly paying shills/protesters and running ads to slander Trump

>Trump can't be president, he's never held political office! He's not qualified!
>Let's elect a rapper instead

The Electoral College doesn't protect small states in the way you are thinking it does.

I'm not taking a position I'm just saying. If anyone would like to know more CGP did a pretty good job explaining it on his youtube.

>everyone expected her to win
Not everyone. Some people don't watch fake news.

you delusional fagets.

according to current calculation, #PizzaGate pedophiles Comet Ping Pong podesta pedo-ring

America, why u no direct elect?

Why put middlemen in your democratic process?

Why deal with muh popular vote / muh electoral college questions?

Srs question from Europe.

>problem affecting millions of people

>problem affecting a few thousand people

Lets set equal priorities on those right?

she wasted money fighting trump in a way that made him stronger and never realized it. but hey i made 10k this election by being one of those "violent" trump supporters so i'm kinda happy she did use so much money

Another know-nothing idiot spreading know-nothing bullshit.

California is the 7th largest economy IN THE WORLD. California contributes TWICE as much to the overall US economy (13.3%) as Texas (the next largest of the US state economies).

So were you to "remove California", you'd be fucked!

this entire "RECOUNT THE VOTES HURRDURR"
was started by jill stein to make money for her and only for her

Because All the states have different interests, and many of those interests would be deemed irrelevant because of population density.

Kanye's a downlow Trump supporter who tried to turn part of his fanbase against the establishment so they took him in chains to a mental hospital and cancelled his tour.
He's probably too dumb to be a President but I'd vote for him over any globalist.

>So were you to "remove California", you'd be fucked!
Not as much as California would be.
>no military
>no water
>lazy, entitled sjws instead of men and women
They'd die without us, you can't buy a new iphone when you're dead.

Soros has funded the recount effort. He is going to do anything he can to get Hillary in. By no means is he done yet....

Suuuuuure, bud

user, those states have pushed to make illegal immigrants voting legal.
In addition, many of these same states don't require you show your driver's liscense or any other id when you vote.
If you don't think illegal immigrants voted you're a silly person.