I have to put my dog down tomorrow... anyone know the best way to do it? Has anyone done it before?

I have to put my dog down tomorrow... anyone know the best way to do it? Has anyone done it before?

With 2 plastic cups and a stapler.
Everybody knows that.

stab him to death with a screwdriver, in the eyes!

The best way is to bend your knees as to not strain your back, next extend your arms and place the dog down feet first

A bullet to the head user

GIVE HIM A BATH PIC RELATED

That is what I was thinking... I just need a secluded area. It has to be me to do it

Take it to the vet you stupid son of a bitch

Make an appointment with the Vet. Spend time with the dog.

blast it with piss

Why? Why do you want to take the chance of prolonging its death? Have a professional do it.

No joke i just put down my dog an hour ago i have the collar sitting on my counter. I just took him to the vet. its the most peaceful and clean way to go

pic related

push it through a woodchipper

Chloroform and 900 units of RAPID ACTING insulin IV

I had my pupper Jacque put down last Wednesday. The vet gives you all the time you need before they begin. It's two shots. First shot is an anesthetic, the same that they use before surgery. Second is a cocktail mix of stuff that kills them. They listen for the heart to stop and tell you when they're gone. They then leave the room and let you stay in there as long as you please.

It was a very peaceful and painless death.

had to kill a deformed pupper after a couple months of livin did it with a rock

I'm in fucking tears. You're right it is selfish to do it the old yeller way. Fuck man this sucks

wank it to death

fucking kek this is screencap worthy

Me
Another thing to be prepared for if you go this route. Their eyes do not close. They relieve their bowels/bladder when they die.

put it in the washing machine on fast spin, post video

I heard that if you take animals to the nearest hammer factory the animals get to test out the new products for free

at least buy the dog a lapdance before you kill it

A bullet to the head is really cheap.

Hard to do but I'll do it

This

This. Give him a roast beef sandwhich for lunch. Spend the morning with him. Then take him in. When they go to begin the procedure, make sure you are at eye level with him. Stare into his eyes while you pet and love on him until he falls asleep.

Death comes shortly after. Heads up, sometimes it makes their bodies spaz out a little bit. This is normal and can happen, but doesn't last long.

RIP

Had to do my cat last year. Was the most excruciating experience of my life, he slept between my Mrs and I with his head on my pillow. Rescued him starving in the streets. What we didn't realise is that he was thrown out because he had cancer which was treatable at the time, but after a few months when I finally found him it was too late.

Tried to save him and couldn't. Held the little guy and he put his paws around my neck and closed his eyes. Needles went in. He went limp within a few seconds.

I think he knew what was happening and I'd like to think we was grateful for all his suffering to finally be over.

stop feeding it then just wait

So... can we all agree the rock method is the way to go, or..?

If youre not trolling or a fucking psychopath take the doggo to the Vet. Its humane, inexpensive and the dog doesnt feel anything. Most vets will allow you to take your dog back so you can bury or cremate or do whatever it is you want to do.

Youre an asshole if you do anything else

Someone post shovel dog

I really dont get why people like you encourage this shit. You saving the fucking video encourages it, you posting these videos to anonymous boards encourages it. Why not go around showing strangers out in the mall this video? Do you know its wrong what youre doing or are you a fucking coward afraid of someone giving you what you deserve?

I shouldnt be responding to you because it feeds you as a troll or a sociopath or whatever it is that you are. I truly truly truly hope you die sooner than later.

This user is correct. One shot to let the dog rest, another shot to stop the dogs heart. You have time before and after to say goodbye. Very professional and very humane

put mine down on friday. make sure you talk to them and say what you can to them while they're awake. get them some good last dinner stuff and give them good scratches. good walk is optional.

yeh its pretty horrible

i wish i hadnt gone in the room, didnt really wanna watch that and have it as my last memory of her

I get why people don't want to see their pet die. For me, though, I couldn't not be there for him. Vets are overstimulating enough for them. The last thing I would want is for my companion to go in fear with someone they don't know prodding them. I laid down with, pet, and talked to my pupper as he was put down.

Im sorry user.

I have a similar story. 2 year old lab with bone cancer. Steroids no longer helped and he could no longer walk without collapsing.. His tail still wagged though and he struggled to stay as close to us as possible. My fiance and I had to put him down, tail wagging, tongue licking and happy as always. Been three months, I still miss him, I still needed him

"Brutus"

Op here. Getting through work is fucking impossible. For the non trolls thank you so much for sharing your stories... it really does help

take him to the vet. also stay with him untill he passes. the dogs panic and become scared when their owner leaves.
pic related, dog feels

After the second shot it dies and diharreas all over the office lol.

o shit Op.

I remember my dog being put down. I was only 14-15. That shit still haunts me now at 30. Seen some awful things, my dog being put down was one of the worst.

Im sorry user. Beautiful doggo you got, youre lucky to have spent time.

I agree with the non trolls. Take to a vet, give them a last meal and spend the little time you have left. Be prepared to drop $100-$150 depending on what your vet charges. Be prepared to talk about services such as cremation; its their jobs.

I prepaid before the treatment. That way I wasnt standing at the counter trying to pay and gtfo before crying infront of strangers. Up to you, but I am very grateful I prepaid

there was a greentext that i lost, when an user that's job was to gass these poor things, but i lost it :(
it was really sad

That is deer

that is a troll meme type of humor user

Beautiful pup. So fucking sad that he only lived to two. Jacque was 11. It still felt way too soon. Only having 2 years would be really hard.

It will be one of the hardest decisions you'll ever make and one of the hardest situations to go through. It hurts. Really fucking bad. But it hurts so much because they are the best friends.

I made a thread here last Wednesday while I was waiting for my wife to bring him to town to have him put down. I requested pet pics, funny pet stories, and for anons to give their pets extra loves that day. It went over surprisingly well. It hit bump limit and had surprisingly few trolls. It was a great experience and helped a lot.

Nothing is going to make this any easier for you. It's going to hurt. You're going to miss them, and life will be very strange when you're so in the habit of taking care of them and they're not there anymore. You just have to live through it and love them as much as you can.

Don't kill your animals! Let them live out their final days with you, the person they love! I had my cat for 21 years and she died peacefully in her sleep on my lap.

I cried SO much in front of the staff and one pet owner in there. Everybody was enormously supportive. Everybody there either has pets, or loves animals (that's why they are working for a vet). Everybody fears the loss that you just went through. Nobody judges you.

At least that was my experience. If you are in a populated area, results may differ.

Only 2 years was tough. The vet really didnt consider cancer because of his age until all the infectious diseases tests came back negative. It started out as a limp, 2 months later and he couldnt walk. Bone cancer.. I am still angry it happened to him

Spade, obviously

I live in San Diego, CA. Highly populated, always a wait at the Vet. I am incredibly antisocial when in emotional distress. I have to be left alone

You can have the vet do a "farm call". They come to your house where the dog is less stressed and give them a shot in the nape of the neck (painless). Once the shots administered, it takes less than a minute. The dog falls asleep, doesnt feel a thing.
We've always had rescues and runts - some of the most loyal and loving animals you could ask for - for both the animals and ourselves, this has been the most "humane" way we've found.
I've had to put several down by bullet in years past. It gets the job done, but there are risks (I've had 2 that survived with a .223, the 45 is just too messy). The kids caught on after a while - the "they ran away" and "hit by a car" excuse lasts only so long.
Farm-calls cost an extra ~85. If this is prohibitive, you can ask the vet to sell you the syringe of meds to administer yourself, at home. Don't be afraid to tell them you can't afford the farm-call charge.. They'll understand, and they'll show you how to administer it.

I could see that. I don't think I could contain myself even in that situation. I mean.. I wasn't loudly sobbing/wailing. Not making any noise at all. Just tears and scrunchy face.

Yeah fuck that...

We couldn't afford to get the our big dog Rocky put down at the vet who wanted almost 400 bucks. Eventually my dog'ss condition got to the point where he couldn't stand on his own. He had to lay in the yard all night becuase he was just shitting all over the floor uncontrollably.

My dad ended up suffocating him with his bare hands just to puit him down. I still think back to how scared and confused Rocky must have been. Still miss that dog.

You see the answer I'm not tagging more people, vets do it cheaper that the cost of doing it yourself and it's painless.
Unless you're a sick fuck, then throw it off the highest (preferably public) place you can after feeding it some antacids (they'll think it had rabies)

I'm sure it was scary as shit for Rocky, but if you didn't have any other options... what do you do?

Did it mess him up at all?

I'm the user who had Jacque put down. Ran out of pics of him (I'm on my work pc). Here's a pic of Sarra. We lost her in February.

Uhhh. For clarification, did it mess *your dad* up.

Holy fuck. Im sorry to hear that, must have been really hard for your Father and Rocky. That shit would haunt me. Where do you live? Why would a vet in their right minds charge that much for a $20 procedure?
Im really sorry user. Thats horrible to hear.

You lost Jacque and Sarra? How far apart?

Personally I'd prefer to do it myself with a 9mm, thats not for everyone though so your best bet would probably be to take your dog to the vet. They'll inject him with something that puts him to sleep and stops the heart, he'll be gone withing a minute or two. They go pretty peacefully really.

Pic semi-related, just had my dog put down a few months ago. Sometimes the right thing to do feels wrong.

Yeah. Both within a year. Sarra in February '16, Jacque in November '16.

She was 7. We live out in the country on a dirt road. She got out of her kennel and ran off, like she loved to do. She would always come back. Then she didn't. We went looking for her and she was lying in the road. No blood, no obvious broken bones.

We weren't sure if she got hit by a car or had a heart attack or something. She was just dead. Shit sucked. She died doing what she loved, though.

This sounds fucked up. But what if you put the dog with its bed in the garage and turned the car on? Pain free and no cost right ?

>not taking good care of a dog so it doesnt end up immobile shitting itself

>not letting the dog go free in the woods when its going to die

he would belonely right? the dog wouldnt have fun being a wolf for a few weeks or anything.. he'd be like a person, right? right? i mean dogs are people

HELLO do you have any IDEA WHAT WEBSITE YOU ARE ON RIGHT NOW?

Would a goldfish survive if you set it loose in a river?

Same concept.

Im sorry to hear that user. Youre right, least she was happy while it was happening

its not about surviving. you think its better to snuff your animal than to let it die on it's own in a natural environment it will love?

Were your parents identical twins?

It's a DOMESTICATED FUCKING DOG. It's natural habitat is in a persons home.

I'm sorry user. I went through this a few years back, the dog was the symbol of my childhood and ended up having to be put down.

The process was actually very fucked up and he stopped breathing alarmingly fast, but I held him best I could. I cried, you'll cry, and you should cry. He or she was a good friend, the best fucking friend actually, and dogs are in general just balls of joyful energy, put here to make us happy.

Make sure you're there, make sure you hold him, make sure you cry.

If I could do the process over again, I would have taken his body with me and buried him somewhere by myself. What they do at the vet is cart the body off and send you ashes.

Im OP for Brutus; im taking off this thread as trolls are starting to appear. Good luck with your next pet if you get one

Its hard, good luck to you as well. Youll get through it and just try to remember youre doing the right thing.

Christ I hate iPhone lol

if you live rurally, bullet to heart.
dig grave in advance unless you want coyotes or whatever defiling the carcass.
dig the grave deep unless you want coyotes digging up the carcass.

if you live in a city, it's like $40-80 to have it euthanized. some shelters will do it for free.

sorry about your bro, Sup Forumsro.
i still think about my dog almost every day and he's been gone almost 20 yrs.