Define "making it" in music

Define "making it" in music.

being fully content and happy with the music you put out

having over 200k monthly listeners

Paying your bills doing work you're proud of

damn

>That's right m'lady, I value my artistic integrity over marketability. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to conduct some field recordings of my hentai figurines

/thread

playing whatever venue you were at when you first saw that gig that sparked your interest in music

getting a positive p4k review

does that mean above 0.0

making marketable music, but making sure that music is as true to yourself as it can be. after that, just be happy with the benefits.

Being black :^)

Weird Al makes a parody of your song

>"making it" in terms of fame/gathering a following
- when you've started making enough money off of making/performing music to quit your day job
- when you get offers to schedule interviews with relatively large publications like Pitchfork and Stereogum
- when you can Google your own project and see images of your project as well as links to your website and Bandcamp, and some articles about you / interviews with you in the first page of results
- when you get reviews, good or bad
- when your social media profiles aren't totally barren of all activity

>"making it" in terms of happiness/content
refer to

positive would be, in my opinion, anything above 6.8

this

I have always assumed "making it" in music to means they finally reached a normal level of income that is relatively consistent

successfully fufilling your narcissistic impulses with internet.

Ironically, most of the best musicians never feel this way, which motivates them to make better music (in their opinion, at least) than what hey did before.

I just dreamt about him last night, somehow I offended him and I felt really bad

>positive would be above 5
album i dislike gets 6.7
>positive is anything above a 6.8

People know about you because of more than one song.