Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wrestled all through highschool and a year in college.
The difficulty was pretty tough, never had a harder workout than my hardest wrestling practice
The wrestlers at the highschool I went to were kind of outcasts because of great football and volleyball programs, but at the college I went to that had neither we were top dog and other sports did not like us.

Football, baseball, and wrestling. All through high school. Played D2 football in college for 2 years but wasn't on a scholarship.

Wrestling is based. How come other sports didnt like you in college?

Also what weight?

What position in football? Bet you got lots of poon being a jock

Play ice hockey for a d3 school. The training isn't too difficult since it's club also was a lot of fun !

I was on my school's rifle team way back when. I was fun. Training was ok.There wasn't the same kind of rivalry that you'd see in ,like, football. After matches I'd go and visit with the other team. Some of them became good friends.

They said "The wrestling team here acted like our shit don't stink." We were the only team to be taken seriously there it seemed
In HS I went 285lb, and 220lb. In college I wrestled 197lb

Played rugby for a short time.
It was my first sport (played soccer when I was little, and I didn't like it too much, so I dropped it), and though I enjoyed it, some things happened with my life that had me unmotivated, leading me to drop it. It was short, but it was fun. Probably funny seeing a skinny nerd running around with a scrum cap on.
I remember my first game: got run over on the last few minutes by a puffy short guy who screamed before literally pushing and rolling me over.

Good times.

Wrestled for 9 years through school, user. Miss it. Taught me a lot of self diciprine and perseverance.

I miss it everyday, I do not miss the 20lb weight drops in one day though. I am going to school to be an Athletic trainer now and covering wrestling matches are so much fun to me.

Play rugby on my uni's 1st. We're #2 in our league. Training is difficult but I enjoy it. Lots of rivalry but I guess that's normal with most sports

was the animosity bigger from football players or was it general?

At the college I wrestled at we had no football team, it was mostly baseball that did not like us. In HS the football players all knew wrestling was too hard for them so they mad excuses as to why they would try out for the team.

Nice! I was 152-160 all through high school. Yeah I hated the weight cuts too. Senior year I Wrestled at my natty weight class, which was actually a good move, I did well for myself. That was ~4 years ago. Recently been on track to getting /fit/ again, want to be down to like 170, and I'm gonna go and try out for the wrestling team at the community college here. All the coaches are my old coaches, so it won't be too hard to get on. Do that while I go to school for machining or engineering. My work will pay for my school which is pretty neat.

197lbs must be insanely difficult.

Wrestling is easily one of the toughest sports in high school from personal experience

I wrestled in middle and high school. Ran cross country and track in high school. did swim team for a couple years as well.

wrestling was by far the hardest training regimen. None of the sports were really competitive. It was mostly fun. Won a few medals for wrestling but never went farther with it.

In 4th year uni, just started playing quidditch this semester. The team plays hard and parties hard, one party game ended because a girl landed on "strip" when she was only wearing a shirt and panties and we werent drunk enough to be dicks and enforce the rules. At another party I drank so much whiskey that I only remember the tame beginning and woke up mostly naked with puke in my mouth.
Also the captain goes on Sup Forums so if you see this and you know who you are sorry again about puking on your stuff.

I played fullback and linebacker in highschool and fullback in college. I'm an average looking dude and I get well above average pussy. Not really swimming in it but tend to stick with what I get for a while.

Played soccer and volleyball. I'm 6'2 190lb. so I rekt hard taint in volleyball.

which of the two was more difficult?

Having played football and baseball along with wresting... Wrestling was hands down the hardest sport. 3 hour practices were nothing out of the ordinary with several conditioning drills that went until you couldn't go any more. There isn't really a tougher sport practice wise... Hockey may be but I never played it personally

football and lacrosse in HS and College

wide receiver in football, offensive/defensive midi in lax

training must be worth it though. Gets you in peak shape and able to kick 99% of the guy's asses

Chad/10

Chad trips

I played softball throughout highschool. I loved it but that's because I've played it for so long. Training was not difficult, consisted of conditioning (running, ab, leg, and arm work outs) and throwing/batting skills and drills. We only had 3 rivals with other high schools, I personally did not get along with my teammates because I was not popular like them.
Also played hockey, loved it very much as well. Training was harder since everything was done on ice and not many rivas due to lack of competitors. Again the rest of the team hated or loved me because of my gender. Most of them, including my coach hated me though.

I mean I played, but it wasn't for my school only because we didn't have a hockey team.
>played ice hockey for 11 years
>loved the feel of skating, but really didnt have much free time to do anything too major with it because of family issues
>ran and worked out every day to keep in shape, but most of my muscle came from actually playing
>actually got scouted by some college during an away game within the league I was a part of but turned it down for above reason

I still remember I got suspended for checking an older kid specifically throughout one season because he talked shit for the sake of talking shit. Ended up putting him over the wall into his own team's bench a few times til is dad got bitter and yelled at my mom, to yell at the ref, to yell at me for him

I guess I was a bit of a chad growing up. Played baseball for 11 years, Wrestled for 9, played football for a few years, cross country for a few (to get in shape for wrestling in the offseason), track (pole vaulting)

Miss wrestling a lot. Also wish I didn't fuck around and have to change schools so I could've kept vaulting. First year I was out vaulting our 4 year senior. Fun shit.

I wrestled my Junior year of highschool weighing in at about 239lbs at my heaviest and wrestled 285lb. It wasn't too bad but sometimes kids would just be too big for me to deal with, I would usually just wrestle defensively until they were gassed, or they would basically pin themselves. My senior year I wrestled 220lbs which was awesome because after conditioning for that season I weighed a solid 210lbs and never had to cut any weight. Def my best performing year. In my first year of college I went in thinking there was a 215lb weight class but to my surprise the weight below heavyweight was 197lbs I would usually start the week of a meet at 218 and by the night of I would weigh 200lbs and float the last few lbs. 197 was a whole new beast for me, I had to rely on being fast much more than tying up and brawling with guys. (Attached is a pic from my senior year of HS I think I weighed in at 210 ish that day

Soccer was harder cause it was a lot longer. But volleyball hype af.

you on the right? did you win that shit?

were you popular?

Wrestling, no I placed in state my freshman year as a 95lb little shit, then grew several inches put on 30-40 pounds and got my ass handed to me the next three years

It was exhausting Our team was in a brutal conference and the coaches weren't going to let poor conditioning beat us. I didn't see the Sun during wrestling season. Oh and before school we were expected to go to the weight room and lift.

Kinda, I mean we didn't like other schools but we didn't hate them either

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

play football in a small school for middle school. when i was in hs i had to move town in my joiner year and i was moving to the county seat which was infested with niggers, thank god my mom got me into a private school for wrestling other wise i'd have to go to a 60% black school. led the team when i was there, i think they still have my picture up

Pinned him with a butcher in the first period. If I do some deep digging I might be able to find a pic with my teammates laughing on the benches.

Played baseball and wrestled in high school and then wrestled in college.

It was super fun. I miss it and still wrestle occasional tournaments even though I'm older.

There was rivalry in highschool, cause you might wrestle the same kids there or for times a season. There were only a few kids in the state that could beat me, and we were all pretty evenly matched. So every tournament we knew we'd face eachother in the semi's or in the finals and it might be a crapshoot as to which one is won. Made it fun, but sometimes I wish I was a less competitive weight class so I could have won a state championship.

College was different. Everyone was good, I trained 6 hours a day, every single day, and still wrestled kids way better than me. It was still great, and I got the opportunity to wrestle internationally a bit, and wrestle with world champs and Olympians which was great. But, it sucked losing a bunch of times each season and never being a 1st or 2nd place seed and not winning a single tournament

Played hockey/football and ran track in High school, ended up as captain of all three teams. Had to get shoulder surgery my freshman year of Uni so that killed my sports dreams, no scholarships or anything cause Canada

Feels bad man. I was easily top of my conference my senior year of highschool. But, my first college season I never placed higher than 6th in a tournament.

Injuries suck.

>>What sport did you play and was it fun?
Wrestling. It was meh. But doing the exercises and building strength and agility that I could feel was exhilarating. Talk about a confidence booster!

>>Was the training difficult?
Yes, but as a highschooler, all it did was build me up. I could tell that. It was worth it. I learned you need to be pushed to build. You won't do it on your own. guess that's why there are trainers and I've marshmallowed out.

>>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
Meh.

how common was roid use in your weight class?

20bs in a day? how on earth did you go about that

yeah, I was destined to be a bench player on the football team of the school I was going to go to.... ended up going to a way better school academically and just played intramural sports

>>What sport did you play and was it fun?
Cross country. Not at all until senior year when we started doing really well.

>>Was the training difficult?
Hell yes

>>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
Tons of rivalry during actually races between everybody.

Played lacrosse in college. Love it. Miss it. I loved the training personally but we rarely had to lift weights, just did a lot of running. Ended up the MVP of my team at 6'4 160 hah! Run fast, sweep right.

I'm a 20 yr veteran atc. Job rules and kills at same time. Enjoy a bunch of wanna be and failed athletes trying to be trainers.

I was in a water polo club for about eight years. We were, and still are, the only team in town. We usually had to compete out of state, whatever tournaments we hosted were relegated to our masters' group.
Before I left, and as far as I know, the team's 10-and-under divisions have been kicking serious ass.

water polo is one tough sport, very underrated too

Does it have to be for a school, itself; or just when you were higschool aged?
Because I didn't play any team sports at that age; but I did kickboxing for a few years around that time.

did you compete in kb?

how do you lose 20lbs in a day? genuinely curious cause that sounds messed up

Yea. I did really good at conference and NE's in end if my freshman year, and almost made all American (top 12). But I admittedly was wrestling way better than normal and I think had some kids on they're off days or something.

Other than that I never really win too much out of division, and I think 5th at the pre winter was my best multi divisional finish.

A few times I couldn't win at all (went 4-0 one weekend in Boston and then 0-3 the next weekend in Ithaca). Sometimes the competition was just so damn good

College 197, since I was at an NAIA school it was more common than I thought, I never used it though. HS 220 no one that I could tell used anything
I would wear sweat pants, a sauna suit, another pair of sweats, all tucked into my socks, a cotton T shirt, a sauna shirt, another T, a hoodie, a winter hat, headgear, and a hoodie and just run or wrestle. I would cut as much as possible then sit on the bus ride to wherever the hell we were going, drink and eat nothing, and check my weight when I arrived to the hotel. If I wasnt on weight I would make a sauna out of the bathroom shower and sink. The next morning I would weigh in and if i was over I would run some more. I barely made it once at 196.7. and another time I over shot and weighed 193lbs

I played softball throughout highschool. I loved it but that's because I've played it for so long. Training was not difficult, consisted of conditioning (running, ab, leg, and arm work outs) and throwing/batting skills and drills. We only had 3 rivals with other high schools, I personally did not get along with my teammates because I was not popular like them.

Also played hockey, loved it very much as well. Training was harder since everything was done on ice and not many rivas due to lack of competitors. Again the rest of the team hated or loved me because of my gender. Most of them, including my coach hated me though.

7 years football
4 year tennis
1 year wrestling

Football was the most fun, like a brotherhood. Wrestling was the toughest workout. Played at a big school, not much rivalry though.

I have already noticed from my few clinical sites and some classmates. Super rewarding already though, very happy with my choice

>College 197, since I was at an NAIA school it was more common than I thought,

that's fucked up, I'd be pissed if I was going against someone I knew was a cheater

Hell yeah. I remember an exercise we had for years, which was a great way to brag to each other about treading water.
We filled op one of these to whatever level we wanted, and drained it over our heads while treading water to keep our shoulders visible.

I've done some rediculously tough training in my life. Shit that a lot of people can't imagine our think I make up.

That said, even when I was in my best shape, I think I'd drown within two minutes of playing water polo. That shit seems impossible

Are you tall?

It sucked, but I didn't really find out until I was done wrestling. The sport needs more finesse than strength so it wasnt a huge advantage in my eyes. Some of the guys that were really juiced up had trouble conditioning enough to last all 7 minutes so they screwed themselves.

Just shy of 6 foot. Why?

fuck for how long would you do this?

Assuming you're female, girls hockey is awesome. I dated a girl in highschool who played hockey, and her puck handling skills were better than some minor league players I used to watch. It's like a different sport from men's. So much more finesse

just wondering because water polo players seem taller than average so i thought being tall was important like in basketball

Nah. Nowhere near good enough; plus I found out years later that my instructor was a big phony. I've since moved on from martial arts and all the wank surrounding them.

It could take up to a minute for one of those to drain.
When I started, I barely knew how to swim. I got the hang of freestyle during my first tournament.
Also, I didn't gain a pound for probably five years, I was that overweight.

The profession has a high probability of douchery but also turns out some decent people who care about athletes and know what it takes. Enjoy the ride man. It's brutal but fun.

It can certainly put players at an advantage, but I've played against huge people shorter than me who could rip the 2-meter position apart.
It's spectacular.

I would never be able to wrestle. The thought of losing in front of an audience is too much for me and because it isn't a team sport, all eyes are on you

I was the only girl to play on my high school team in school history. I also played on a travel league as well as the high school team. I was a very solid player and hung with some of the best guys on the team but it didn't matter due to me being a girl. I played with the highschool all 4 years bit perfered my travel team because they didn't care, most of them at least, that I was a girl.

>It could take up to a minute for one of those to drain.
how many rounds would you do of emptying and filling up? the pain on the shoulders must be pretty intense

That was what drew me to it, It was all on me. I had no one to blame but myself for poor performance. Other sports make it too easy for people to perform poorly and not be punished

Played baseball through high school. Started at first base, which basically meant I was a stocky and somewhat out of shape guy with a good swing.

You honestly don't think about it at all. Even at the end of the match when you're just standing winded in front of everyone, it doesn't cross your mind.

Baseball, American Football, Fencing, Weightlifting
Training wasn't overly difficult - sometimes it was mentally taxing, other times it was physically so. Fencing was the most difficult with the proper forms.
For baseball and football there was. The others not so much.

I ran cross country and track, captains of both teams since soph year. 4:36 mile is my proudest achievement today lol i ama loser now. Honestly tho best thing I've ever done the training every day and really wanting to improve and win against my competition taught me how to succeed in a job environment for sure. Also made me feel like a boss being top 10 fastest kid in my state so confidence + 10

Any of the wrestlers ITT been in a fight? How helpful were your wrestling skills?

what position in football?
Also never knew there was a lot of baseball rivalries

Receiver/cornerback in football for 4 years but only got to start 2 years, ran track as a sprinter 4 years, varsity all 4 years for that. I miss the 200 meter dash.

Since I wrestled Im not afraid of any confrontation, but most people wont bother me who know I wrestled. I had been in one fight since and hip tossed the MF so hard lol. I have thought about taking up MMA training, but getting punched in the face for sport never appealed to me.

Also watch any MMA most wrestlers are fairly dominant in their fights.

Played rugby,football,and volleyball was a part if the backs squad,lineman in foot ball, volley ball was just for fun. Toughest training was rugby hands down. Suicide sprints,painful pacers, and crazy fucking drills. Football didn't come close to rugby

itt: wrestling is more alpha than a lot of us realized

>rugby
mah nigga

Yeah I was on the chess team. We won state and I came in third.

I remember one of the players from the other schools who choked committed suicide after state.

Nerds and Geeks rule.

Fun but dangerous played 2 years and sprained too many wrist and ankles. But still fun as hell

Third place must have been intense matches

I wrestled, played chess, played magic, and got laid all through hs

Golf

Training wasn't difficult at all. Just go play golf 3 times a week.

I think there was rivalry but I didn't really notice it at the time because I would play the tournaments pretty stoned. I didn't care I just wanted to get out of class and play some golf. Ishot verbally in the 80s so it was actually fun. Some of the kids from other schools were stuck up but there was always at least one cool dude in my group.

Yea and yes. In a way it actually prevented me from fighting. Cause I was never really in a fight, but when people have tried to start them I was able to grab them and hold them so they couldn't do anything. Then got up and then it's kinda over.

I really don't like fighting. No good ever comes off it so it's really just been a few times defending my idiot friends years ago

Just finished my final season of high school football. For something that's been controlling my life for years and giving me something to work for I feel kind of lost right now. I'm looking to play in college but as of right now that's not looking possible. Training was hard but totally worth it. Also have huge rivalries with other local schools.

If I hit the lottery tomorrow I'd go back to college and join a golf team. I think I'm good enough to make a shitty team, and think it would be super fun

*I shot generally

what position you played?
also what were the rivalries like? Were you at around the same skill level?

Played High school and college basketball, 2 years jr college and 2 years d1.

Went to small high school, only 120 kids total. Dominated but never any real offers so played at local juco.
The training during juco years was insane. We had open tryouts, even for scholarship players. First year we had 150 kids, coach said he can't manage everybody so we are just going to keep running till there was closer to 30 left. We ran 3 hours a day for a month till there was 30 or so left then we finally hit the gym to select the best players left of us.

Made the team, improved dramatically throughout the year. Schedule was 7-9 am practice, 500 free throws whenever you could find time between classes, 330-430 team study session (college class), then hour of ball classroom shit (films, playbook), hour of weights, finish with 2.5 hour evening practice. Ball was life.

After first year juco I said fuck that not playin anymore. Coach tells me d1 schools interested an not quit. Came back, earned mid major d1 ride.

best thing was being out w the team and the people just staring at us like woah. We averaged 6'6" on my d1 team.

Look for local ish colleges, If you want keep playing to keep you grounded you can walk on to most teams at small schools and get all the benefit and fun of being on a team without the negative of fear of losing scholarship.