The sad truth about Hip-Hop

The three most important albums of the 2010s - Yeezus, The Powers That B, and To Pimp A Butterfly, are heralded as unique, experimental and groundbreaking, even though they offer nothing new to the musical spectrum, other than being made by American people of color, who decided to replace the bling-bling and urban suffering attitude with a black punk attitude.
Yeezus offers nothing new that industrial artists like Pan Sonic or UK Grime artists hadn't done before already, TPTB offers nothing new that breakcore or experimental rock artists hadn't done already. TPAB is a decent funk album but nothing more than that - it certainly isn't the era-defining release that various people and media outlets proclaim it to be.

The only reason people give these albums such praise and preference over the stuff they rip-off, is because they're made by black African Americans, who sing abstract and vulgaric lyrics about American culture and politics, which Americans and victims to American Cultural Imperialism can associate to, in order to be "hip" and "down with the scene" and in line with the changing social norms (there's an irony in that - even though white men are no longer at the forefront of forward-thinking music, it is still Americans and Anglos who set the trends in music and culture; a Congolese outsider artist who makes abstract hip-hop, where abstract implies familiarity with Congonese traditional music yet poor understanding of hip-hop music, an artist who due to that is genuinely experimental and groundbreaking in nature, will never get the same amount of hype and appreciation as someone like Lamar, because the Congolese artist is separated from 1st world problems, because he doesn't suit American imperialist agendas).

(cont.)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/liluzivert/15-xo-tour-llif3
youtube.com/watch?v=aL2Wrq-TY2U
youtube.com/watch?v=TXoeFJZQIGc
youtube.com/watch?v=Pw0OfOShSIY
youtube.com/watch?v=d3NplRpZZ_s
youtube.com/watch?v=g7WYEHZK5To
youtube.com/watch?v=qwQLk7NcpO4
youtube.com/watch?v=B0AX81gv5aM
youtube.com/watch?v=hi27gx-a3lg
youtube.com/watch?v=mbRkM2gD1Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=_NP8dREeXFo
youtube.com/watch?v=18bMtR-7q3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=haRzBWSgAzo
youtube.com/watch?v=UgVlyrupu34
youtube.com/watch?v=evO8M9asFng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People say that Rock has always been a tier below avant-garde because it took avant-garde elements and watered them down for the simplistic Rock masses. The sad truth is that contemporary hip-hop is unfortunately even more tiers below for it takes already watered-down elements and waters them down even further, for an audience that cares about trends and gimmicks more than anything.

i don't listen to shitty memerap anyway

>rap rock is experimental rock now
wew

Kanye was just ripping off death grips and lamar is overhyped conscious rap, and is only like 3 steps above hopsin because he has better marketing.

Death grips was the only one doing anything new in rap but even then they are just ripping off hardcore punk and using electronic beats sometimes, so post hardcore i guess.

>implying all hip hop lyrics are aimed to be 'hip' and follow trends
Not sure about this t b h. Yeezus has some pretty unique lyrics on the songs which are actually good i.e. New Slaves "Y'all throwin contracts at me/ Y'all know that niggas cant read". In this case its the fact that Kanye is expressing his experience as a black male in America that makes it more interesting, rather than the other way around- he's not just 'following trends'. Also, although his style is heavily influenced from other genres doesn't mean it has no value of its own - his use of drums for example is new and fits well imo.

>Death grips are doing anything new
dumb dgfag

also i agree, the last 8 years of the obama era was just white hipsters jerking off to every nigger who put fart noises on a record and making rock music irrelevant, because white men are evil to liberals.

Anyways, you say white men arent at the forefront of music but ignore EDM, which is nothing but white frat bros making the most shallow electronic music of all time.
EDM pretty much dominates pop music sounds.

>kanye ripped of death grips
>death grips is not a rip off in general
are deathgripsfags the most hypocritical or the most retarded fanbase on this website? i can't even tell

Hip hop is EDM

no one thinks like that and you know it no matter how hard you try to force it, people think edm is deamouse and skrillix and zedd and calvin harris, and diplo, and daft punk, and justice.

Like litttrlly all white men have been dominating electronic music because the record companies decided millennials like electronic music now and not rock

still even AM can get 400m views for a single
so rock isn't dead yet

rock isnt dead, but its culturally irrelevant.
The self flagellating liberal music critics and greedy record companies made sure of that

What the fuck has Death Grips ever copied?

They're one of the most unique bands that's ever existed, you can't even classify them with a genre

Death Grips are just Mindless Self Indulgence but with a black frontman.

>Anyways, you say white men arent at the forefront of music but ignore EDM, which is nothing but white frat bros making the most shallow electronic music of all time.
Fuck off retard, just because you dance to something it doesn't mean that's the only purpose it serves. That's the equivalent of my grandma saying metal is "just a bunch of guys screaming"

>EDM pretty much dominates pop music sounds.
What? Pop music sounds so slow and spatious nowdays it borders on being ambient

Daftest thing I've read all day.

KEK

nah its just rock music sucks ass right now.

>edgy synthpunk band with hip-hop elements
>edgy synthpunk band with hip-hop elements
I don't see where's the problem?

MSI are just a poor pop-pleb's SOAD.
Artists that I can still listen to after the age of 12:
not MSI

soundcloud.com/liluzivert/15-xo-tour-llif3

I'm sure this will answer all your questions

b-but dead grapes has memes! delet this

>soundcloud.com/liluzivert/15-xo-tour-llif3
I got struck by momentary blindness and didn't see liluzivert in the link.

youtube.com/watch?v=aL2Wrq-TY2U

>eplace the bling-bling and urban suffering attitude with a black punk attitude.
There's more to music than image.

father and I have the same mustache and yellow shirt, what does that tell you about me

this is garbage

Jewish hip-hop is always better than black hip-hop.

The 90s had the Beastie Boys, the 00s had cLOUDDEAD, what are some jewish hip-hop acts from the 10s?

your housing is 5 miles from the local school.

fuck, his delivery is so... gross. lyricism is... okay/ but like fuck, he has like no variation in tone

dalek tbqh

Fuck off kike

t. 28 savage

thought the same first time I listened to it but got sucked in somehow.

no father is literally just some black guy with tumblr aesthetics. he is awful
rather listen to dean blunt if im gonna go that route youtube.com/watch?v=TXoeFJZQIGc

>The three most important albums of the 2010s
>actually unironically listed TPTB, which is barely even a hip-hop album, over this

the man's disappointed me several times since DP but this album was a very enjoyable experience.

african hip-house is the shit

youtube.com/watch?v=Pw0OfOShSIY

>when they were first emerging it was Dalek, then it was Blackie, then Limp Bizkit, and now Mindless Self Indulgence
Kek, the lengths they go

Death Grips is a *sample-heavy* edgy synthpunk band with *major* hip-hop elements.

With that in mind, I'd rather you people just say they ripped off Paul's Boutique when making Exmilitary than flat out embellishing the truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=g7WYEHZK5To

Agreed

Deathgrips is just nu metal for hipsters.
Kendrick is just conscious rap that brings nothing new to the table.
Kanye is just a meme that wont die

It's always individual songs. People did the same with Dalek and Blackie when trying to prove their point. Does that one song definitively make MSI a a *sample-heavy* edgy synthpunk BAND with *major* hip-hop elements?

>anyone I don't like is a hipster
>anything I don't get brings nothing new to the table
>anything I don't like is a meme

a whole fucking scene was started off this fucking break
youtube.com/watch?v=qwQLk7NcpO4
holy shit didn't realize how idiotic dg fans are

And then you have this masterpiece of an album, released just last year.

their first two albums are really heavy on hip-hop elements yeah

yes, the best masterpiece that I never feel like listening to.

Mindless self indulgence is littrlly early 2000's *holds up spork lol so random xD *buys invader zim shirt from hot topic tier

youtube.com/watch?v=B0AX81gv5aM

death grips are a mediocre nu metal band that was viral marketed hard on here

t. I've read one page of The origins of sampling

Fail to see where that refutes my point? Having sampled something does not make a song sample-heavy.

How can one man be so wrong?

Kanye and Death Grips both ripped off B L A C K I E

>that I never feel like listening to

I mean...that's you man.

never read it
my point is towards your "individual songs"

Death Grips, the first band to influence artists from before they even formed!

>black African Americans

instead of white African Americans, right?

>my point is towards your "individual songs"
Which has nothing to do with characterizing the bands themselves. Which goes all the way back to How do you expect to be taken even remotely seriously with that first video you posted? Fuck off.

way to take something literally
Also not him but I think you misunderstood what he meant.

you should have put Zach Hill's video last if you wanted anyone to care about this post and meme at the same time.

Actually, yes.

ok

>blackie eternally butthurt deathgrips stole his sound and no one knows who he is and we are all loling at his life

go to sleep blackie

haha good one :)

If the logic ITT is using songs as synecdoches to describe bands then to authenticate your points you'd literally have to find songs that sound like every single song Death Grips has released. How can a music board be so retarded?

>mfw Sup Forums thinks deathgrips is popular outside of Sup Forums

literally noone knows who they are

Critics do.

>synecdoches
I first heard this word in a Guardian article, googled it, shrugged my head and figured it wasn't worth knowing anyway.

The next place I see it is on a Sup Forums thread so that figures. You're right though this is my first time back on Sup Forums in years and everyone's as retarded as I remember.

they have over 10 million views on yt dude

deathgrips is only doing something new for 12 year old wigger faggots who only listen to hip hop.

Death grips is an overhyped posthardcore band

>I failed 10th grade English and am literally retarded and want everyone to know

Well... youtube.com/watch?v=evO8M9asFng

>Death Grips is only-
Strawman extreme. What's your issue?

>I'm majoring in something pointless and think p4k produces well-written articles.

>10th grade English
>"majoring in something"
You're fucking retarded, you even admitted it, so this argument is futile.

rap is garbage and doing nothing new, and is only promoted because the music business is run by kikes and self hating white hipsters from brooklyn

t. History of Art student at poly No. 45

I remember when I was 16.

so yesterday?

t. failed 10th grade English

>only 10 million views spread across multiple videos that are 5+ years old

thats better than 10 views you get

My certificate is only showing A*s and no milk please, just black.

Imagine being this defensive over not paying attention in school.

That's an awful assessment of the situation. They don't have any sonic characteristics in common with post hardcore. Stop trying to judge music on image.

your autism is overpowering me.

>lamar is overhyped conscious rap, and is only like 3 steps above hopsin because he has better marketing.

Autism the post.

hey guys, I am searching for a song that I listened last week. The videoclip is a man with his child in playground, they have only 2$ but this is enough to make them happy. Anyone know the rap name??