Something completely different for my Rpg session

So, here's my problem.

>Rpg
>Great meeting at court
>A delegation of Elves will be there
>Some of them are the best bards around
Brief: I need at least 5 minutes of damn good music to set the atmosphere.

However, the whole thing is not so simple.

Here is what I would like:
>uncommon music
>based
>with good rhythm
>unexpected instruments (possibly)
>unusual chords (or unusual solutions)
>It doesn't need to be classical, but it might be
>It doesn't need to be folk, but I wouldn't mind some folk references (considering the delegation is visiting humans)

Here is what I don't want:
>cliché
>boring music (it needs to be something that wakes you up)
>I don't want the "all elves are pseudo-Celts" meme
>I don't want pop music
>If possible, I don't want things like "orchestra plays pop music" or "pop musician plays classical stuff" (unless it's particularly good)
Again, no meme elves and no meme elven music; no J-elves. They are just based people who got 300 years to perfect themselves in some field and have tastes that sound odd to humans, yet acceptable and beautiful. At the end of the mini-concert, somebody might raise an eyebrow, but nobody should question their skills.
All instruments are good. There are absolutely no limitations. My elves are also strong warriors and the like: not a peaceful people (e.g. war drums are okay).

So far, in some human kingdoms, we have made heavy use of Baroque music (especially guitar) for street players. On top of that, we've got some Corelli and Boccherini. So maybe we don't want to use that, because my players think of it as "typical" human music.

Thank you in advance for your help.
I know I am asking something difficult... but I have no experience in music whatsoever. First time posting on Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uorVoWL0CuM
youtube.com/watch?v=rHMnsEFeW2M
youtube.com/watch?v=XW-G0saFB2M
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCHzzCh5nk
youtube.com/watch?v=0p_yo_VGOSw
youtube.com/watch?v=hpDvtIt6Lsc
youtube.com/watch?v=ypuaJLHK_LQ
animelyrics.com/anime/akira/kaneda.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tTg4CCgbqKg
youtube.com/watch?v=nwAkzkK_2do
youtube.com/watch?v=0JAVPasLs6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qajXUDaDz6U
youtube.com/watch?v=w3WXfiB7OeY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

P.S.:
- Please take my guidelines "cum grano". If it is particularly good, we can bend or waive the guidelines I listed
- OP's pic is exactly the cliché I don't want. I posted it ironically

maybe?
youtube.com/watch?v=uorVoWL0CuM

youtube.com/watch?v=rHMnsEFeW2M

Maybe, why not? I'll listen to that.
I think we can keep posting...

E.g. I found some
>Celtic Jazz
Celtic, yet Jazzy... not so sure about this:
youtube.com/watch?v=XW-G0saFB2M

The quality of this is so low I cannot stop listening.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCHzzCh5nk

Try some Kiyoshi Yoshida.

or here some work of the Yoshida Brothers (found them by now, and in not related too Kiyoshi Yoshida)
youtube.com/watch?v=0p_yo_VGOSw

Or the intro to the movie Akira, which could demonstrate coordination and synchronicity of your folks (very interesting for warriors). I read somewhere that this song is sung in japan at the end of summer to bring back good weather. That could be intersting too.
youtube.com/watch?v=hpDvtIt6Lsc

Somehow this
>uncommon music
>based
>with good rhythm
>unexpected instruments (possibly)

draw me to japan, dunno why
like this guy

Very nice suggestions. Thank you.

This fits the bill

youtube.com/watch?v=ypuaJLHK_LQ

I have to correct my statement about the meaning of the Akira theme.
"[2] "RASSE" and "RASSERA" don't really mean anything. This chant is shouted during the Nebuta festival held from August 2-7 in Aomori. It's supposed to shake away the sleepiness of summer."
In my interpretation it means that when the summer was not sunny at all, you sing it so the real summer may come.

Source: animelyrics.com/anime/akira/kaneda.htm

Hey /tg/ good to see you, I wish my dm put as much thought into our game as you seem to.

hello fellow fa/tg/uy nice to see one of you in Sup Forums

for situations like yours I personally put on traditional Persian music since it nails the kinda otherworldly sound

youtube.com/watch?v=tTg4CCgbqKg
youtube.com/watch?v=nwAkzkK_2do
youtube.com/watch?v=0JAVPasLs6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qajXUDaDz6U

also bonus - if you need something similar for creepy dungeons and the like

youtube.com/watch?v=w3WXfiB7OeY

>Hey /tg/ good to see you, I wish my dm put as much thought into our game as you seem to.
Man, we're 30 and we've been playing for some 15 years (with gaps due to me moving abroad).

Frankly, I think I spend too much time on the game, but since I've just got a job offer, I feel entitled to a weekend spent planning the next chapter. :)

I don't write a real plot. I just make a list of NPCs and factions and fill in the table with "who does what" and "who thinks what of whom".

>hello fellow fa/tg/uy nice to see one of you in Sup Forums
1.83 m (95 kg). I shoot and go to the gym regularly.
more of a far/tg/uy, I assume. :^)

Thank you for your contributions. Please allow some time for me to listen to your links.

>playing dnd
>no one wants to hear metal
What type of gay sesh am I going to anyway?

>youtube.com/watch?v=qajXUDaDz6U
Very based indeed.

>No one wants to hear metal
>>What type of gay sesh am I going to anyway?
Look, according to my own experience, there are people who simply feel distracted by music.
This is why I choose to turn it on only at certain times during the session -- i.e. when it is required.

Occasionally, I put up some ambience music (I remember a good 3-hrs dark fantasy music that was perfect for our undead fling).

Nevertheless, we also try to keep the music as in game as we can.
This doesn't mean we fall for the "all fantasy music is medieval" meme... because it's just a meme.

But let's say that, as far as "in game" music is concerned, nobody feels like hearing screams and electric guitars (as long as they don't invent one themselves).

This said, please remember I grew up listening to power metal.

holy fuck that girl is hot as shit fuck me man get my dick ready

>holy fuck that girl is hot as shit fuck me man get my dick ready
tfw he's never been to /s/ or /gif/

I'm not trying to be a judgmental dick or anything but IRL role-playing seems really weird/autistic to me. Like I just can't imagine doing it, and doing so much preparation, I'd feel so awkward sitting in a room with people doing all this shit. But to each their own I guess.

damn so you're /fit/ and /tg/? let's be friends

She has hyper small nips.

The most frustrating thing is remembering all the dice rolls and math. For me it's like fuck, let's ditch that, let's just pretend.

>damn so you're /fit/ and /tg/? let's be friends
Trying to be /fit/. And trying to be /k/ -- but not too much. Just enough to please my ego.
Of course we can be friends.

Problem is I haven't managed to become /hm/ yet.

>So, here's my problem.
Meeting girls, by the look of it.

>I'm not trying to be a judgmental dick or anything but IRL role-playing seems really weird/autistic to me. Like I just can't imagine doing it, and doing so much preparation, I'd feel so awkward sitting in a room with people doing all this shit. But to each their own I guess.
Man, I can see myself throwing a rugby ball, but not kicking a foot ball.

It's just a matter of tastes.

E.g. I tried to go clubbing... now I don't drink any more. I get bored easily and all social relationships developed in one single night annoy me to death.

It's a matter of tastes. We do some make-believe games.

Btw I've done some more larping recently and can tell it's cool. At some point we dressed up as KKK as it was an adventure set in the Old South -- and *that* was a plot twist.

When I prepare myself I feel a bit like a screenwriter... and surely it feels like that when you prepare LARP.

Is this board becoming an /r9k/ spin off?
Frankly I am annoyed by girls.

I have had matches on Tinder and dating apps.
Some didn't show (one ended up to the hospital on the way to our meeting. True story since I got the pics).
Some girls proved to be extremely shallow and volatile.
Others showed up with their bf (no shit, Watson! And no: they weren't swingers). These ones are the worst kind of human beings on earth.

Other girls from my hometown (I came back after 5 years abroad) seem to be excessively demanding and try to exert control in an OCD kind of way. They want to decide how you dress and what you should eat.

The thing that annoys me the most is that I usually get the "brainy/nerd" label. So everyone automatically thinks I'm a bad fuck.
Whenever I get laid with one of these girls, I get flooded by comments such as:
>user, I didn't know your dick was so big
(17 cm -- is that big? Bigger than others, I presume)
>user, I didn't know you kissed so well / lasted so long. Had I known it before, I would have kissed you earlier
wtf is this?

My life feels like a comedy show

>My life feels like a comedy show
At the very least, I get the keks.

@71384809
>Whenever I get laid with one of these girls, I get flooded by comments such as:
>>user, I didn't know your dick was so big
>(17 cm -- is that big? Bigger than others, I presume)
>>user, I didn't know you kissed so well / lasted so long. Had I known it before, I would have kissed you earlier
No need to lie to impress anonymous posters on a Tasmanian mining boar. This post is sad and frankly doesn't deserve a (You).

>No need to lie to impress anonymous posters on a Tasmanian mining boar. This post is sad and frankly doesn't deserve a (You).
It's just unbelievable.
Of course nobody wants to believe me: even on this board.
What reasons should I have to lie to you? No one.

I have heard the same shit many times in my life. They dump me for OTHER reasons. Or I dump THEM for other reasons. Sex has never been one.

I always get the:
>he must be clumsy as fuck
After sex:
>OMG it was awesome
This includes the fact women are usually delusional as fuck.

And believe me, I have tried to interpret it in all possible negative ways. But I cannot make this shit up. I have no time to jerk around on an anonymous board.

I think the saddest part is that I don't get to fuck more women because... well... as I said I have a huge marketing problem.

>Tasmanian
Been to Tassie, btw.
All inbred cunts. You should be asleep by now.
Northen Hemisphere = the best

Now, this is jerking around.

nigger where do you think you are