I am from the universe where SMiLE is released on time, AMA

I am from the universe where SMiLE is released on time, AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.ie/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

did brian still get fat in the 70s

Sadly yes, although he did pull himself together in the 80s, kinda similar to your timeline

I can see Mike is still an asshole in your universe

What are the lyrics to CITFOTM? We didn't get a finished Smile until 2004.

It's actually an instrumental, but with the Child is the Father of the Man chorus. Weird I know, but it has a charm to it

Did The Beatles BTFO?????
Did The Beach Boys bring even more groundbreaking albums, or did they pretty much just stay the course?
How does it feel to live in a world without minimal psych masterpiece Smiley Smile?

What was the commercial and critical reaction to SMiLE?

The Beatles and The Beach Boys actually had similar record sales, the critics hailing both as masterpieces, with them saying Sgt Pepper is the perfect British counterpart to SMiLE.

I gotta say, Smiley Smile is a really interesting listen, but as Carl Wilson said in your Universe, It was a blunt rather than a grand slam

Of course some critics didn't get it at the time, calling it a "Uncomfortable change from the groups usual surfing sound" but it was hailed as as one of the best! Regarding Record sales, man oh man, it was overwhelmingly successful

u come to Sup Forums to do inter-dimensional music listening.

How's Detox?

It's not Dr Dre's best work, but it does have some good cuts

Did any musicians who died in my universe live to create more albums? Like Hendrix?

Did Syd Barret still leave Floyd?

Are Ringo and Paul dead, while John and George live on?

I'm treating your universe like it's complete Opposite Day.

Actually, it's really similar to your universe, with minor differences

For Example:
Hendrix lives and forms a group with Keith Emmerson, Greg Lake, and Carl Palmer called HELP

John Lennon survives the bullet, but sadly dies in the early 90s from Cancer

The Who's Lifehouse was released, to a underwhelmed crowd, buuut the Who save their reputation with Quadrophenia

>Uncomfortable change from the groups usual surfing sound

Why would they say this if Pet Sounds was already out?

More so is what they meant.

Sup Forums should live in this universe for a day

im p sure if cabinessence was on the record and realeased as planned it would create at least 3 new genres of music still alive today

are Tool releasing more albums?

do billy corgan started on heroin after releasing siamese dream?

is kurt still alive?

do jimi have a child?

does rory gallgher became the president of ireland?

is dubstep still a thing?

Is Donald thinking to a Trap Abolition Act?

was Keith Moon gay?

Did it have this tracklist? albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.ie/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-1967.html

Yeah actually, except Heroes and Villains is longer and The Elements is actually complete

Yes Tool is still making music, sadly declining in quality though

Billy actually retired from music after Siamese

Kurt is still alive, he now does music with Zach Hill and MC Ride

Yes, his name is Louis Hendrix

No

Yeah, but it's actually more sophisticated

Yes, Donald is actually working with Democrats with this one

I dunno

Who knows how it was to sound? There's multiple contradictory statements about the structure with 'Home on the Range' being a separate song from 'Who Ran the Iron Horse?'. Then apparently songs like 'Look' may link, as it was known originally as 'I ran', plus the 'Bicycle Rider's segment of 'Do You Like Worms'. Closest way Smile could have worked is the Abbey Road Medley. Brian needed a George Martin.

>brian needed a george martin

thats the dumbest fucking idea ivve ever heard
smile is an indie record

If you read one of the recollections of their manager from the early 70s, Brian weakness was not knowing when to stop, he kept polishing a song until it was ruined, I.e. H&V. The confidence he had with Pet Sounds had evaporated mostly by early 67. He was still capable of fantastic musical segments but he needed a confident and assuring voice to help put the pieces together.

that's who van dyke was retard

Parks wasn't involved much in musical decisions though. He played about the same role as Tony Asher: lyricist and creative partner but not directly involved with composition.

Who quit when he stumbled upon the fucked up family politics of the Wilson family, and was unable to cope.

he was still confident and boosting brians own for while he was there

plus im pretty sure van dyke introduced brian to a lot of the musical styles on smile

fair enough

From what I heard, they shared musical interests but the primary non-pop influencers on Brian's music (Gershwin, Bach, folk tunes, etc.) were already familiar to him.
Do you have any sauce on Parks introducing Brian to new musical concepts or influences?

is Denny ok? is Brian a shell of a human in 2017?

Dennis sadly died in the 80s, some say Mike love did it, thought it isn't proven

John Lennon lived at least 10 more years, did the Beatles ever got back together? What happened with anthology made in the early 90's? gimme answers pls

Brian would have been unstopable with George Martin by his side.

how did Dennis die

They did at least one album, entitled: "All Walk and No Talk", it's actually a pretty nice Synthpoppy album, did well on the charts too
He sadly died after Anthology was finished

Drowned, just like in your time line

How was Sharon Tate's 1970s cinematic work?