ITT: Movie theories you agree with.Shining is full of hidden subtext!

ITT: Movie theories you agree with.Shining is full of hidden subtext!

Example?

Thats a little to vague anan

Mary Poppins

best
movie
evar

Not OP, but I'm guessing they mean the whole bit about Kubrick is the one they hired to fake the moon landings and the hints are in the movie. Because carpet. Or something.

Moonlanding was never did

>ITT OP's a faggot and watched Room 237
>OP thinks he's a Kubrick scholar

The only somewhat legit theory in The Shining is the whole Indian Burial ground/Native American displacement.

you can't spell subtext without buttsex

Never fail to amaze

not this again

of course we landed on the moon

you can see the stuff we left up there through a high powered telescope

so unless they set up an entire movie prop set on the moon and left fake footprints on the moon - which of course would have required people being on the moon to put that stuff there - the moon landing was real

man you are dumb

And the sweater little Danny wears. I'm of the opinion that Kubrick was fucking with people who think he produced the moon landing.

>Big Lebowski.
The dude is Jesus. Maude is Mary Magdaline.The Cowboy is God . Jackie Treehorn is the Devil .

Also..

Everyone in the movie acts like they are in a diffrent genre of film .
Dude = Old school detective films
Maude = Film Noir
Walter = War films maybe? idk i forget
too much typing... google it.

That's Stephen King's plot, and he uses burial grounds often. If you read his books, the source for a lot of his evil entities are underground.

Buried evil + alcoholic protagonist + everybody dies = Stephen King novel

Walter is a caricature of John Milius. He even dresses like Milius and is hotheaded like Milius too. Possibly one of the funniest characters in cinema kek

Yeah, that's only real legitimate subtext I can see in The Shining. Because you're right, Stephen King books usually have to do with Native American burial grounds kek. There was some other crazy shit they talked about in Room 237 that I thought was dumb. So I just kinda disregarded everything else.

We didn't land on it in 60s that's all
It was early 70s when we really landed on it

Never thought of this. Interesting.

>Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

One Punch Man
It's all a dream at the end of each episode we see the clock with a different time and that is the same scene we witness in the episode when he satama wakes up after fighting the undergrpund people

Have you seen Death Parade? Chills man, fucking CHILLS

Most people I hear talk about the shining miss the point of the book and movie. The hotel is the protagonist, not jack.

I beleev jon snow isnt ded an gets resurecktid bye dat red bich

The Big Lebowski is overrated trash.

I like most 'cult' movies and have watched TBL a few times to try and understand the fuss but can only deduct it is shit.

I have said this for years. This movie sucks ass. And what is the video for that Kenny Rogers song in the middle of it?