/classical/

Chopin is underrated edition.
Post your favorite Chopin pieces, performances, fun facts, and tell bogfag to piss off.

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=srFDXQnwMyw
youtube.com/watch?v=HqnDmNhY06Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CrKLM_YbZ9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ns1gTvTPI1s
youtube.com/watch?v=OaiUtwYU9S8
youtube.com/watch?v=1lMYgn1O4ww
youtube.com/watch?v=e3O1yygAEc0
youtube.com/watch?v=hhKLw2gk3SM
youtube.com/watch?v=4XvLXOcCcUM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEVUpfLljNc
youtube.com/watch?v=cHECZiDs1b8&t=960s
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6mnWjaiqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RWYFc7PBlSI
youtube.com/watch?v=oOGs8TtnwoI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tp27ji7CmPs
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0
youtu.be/YH6xT6rmSD4?t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=JuG7Y6wiPL8
youtube.com/watch?v=e52IMaE-3As
youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA
youtube.com/watch?v=vLkg-duiFsE
youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70
youtube.com/watch?v=QdXGAX_rBNA
youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZX5hFN-is
youtube.com/watch?v=1Pwb4IaMBUk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6IgwbTYnrI
youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM
youtube.com/watch?v=z9qUj3OsT0M
youtube.com/watch?v=8ybTabIfLgY
youtube.com/watch?v=69Lfchlq2BI
youtu.be/HfQd0yTv1HQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9IbCEF1XF9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nbNhSWJkhnc
youtube.com/watch?v=82okhQiaPs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for ''I'm glad Stockhausen and Boulez are dead''

Mozart's favourite language was Italian (it was, in fact, the language he spoke more often)

First for Rameau
youtube.com/watch?v=srFDXQnwMyw

Boulez was cool though

He singlehandedly stunted 4 generations of tonal music. Fuck him.

first for man who saved music

>singlehandedly
Not really, though

Still didn't make him Italian!!
He was Austrian.

>Mozart's favourite language was Italian
not true by the way
his language of choice was French, to such extent that he wrote his name in French

>Not really, though

Give me a break, he has been for 5 decades one of the most (for a few decades THE most) popular conductor and composer in the world.
He has been the face of contemporary music for half a century, and he shared that spot with very few other guys, who shared his exact opinion on what modern music had to be.

He's responsible for what has happened in the 20th century, especially considering how political, radical and tyrannical he has been.

And I hear it pissed off the German and Italian officials because of the fact that France was post-revolution.

Chopin's mazurkas > his nocturnes.
youtube.com/watch?v=HqnDmNhY06Y

His popularity was more for his career as a performing musician, and his infamy was mostly for the inflammatory statements he made in his youth.

From his NY posting and onward he was compartively a lot more tame, so I don't think it's fair to say that.

His music was never "popular." Any of the big minimalist composers were far more popular than Boulez's works ever were

most comfy symphony? other than Beethoven's 6th

CPE's D major

In an English church music mood desu. Stanford is a lot more fun than I remember.

Corelli
youtube.com/watch?v=CrKLM_YbZ9Y

How do I write again lads

>and his infamy was mostly for the inflammatory statements he made in his youth.

I've already studied his career, and I can assure you that he stopped making those statements in the '80s and started regretting them in the '90s.

>His music was never "popular."
Minimalism was more popular when it came to the general public, but his music was basically teh manifesto of what went on for 50 years in academic music.
I'm not saying that he is the only major offender, I'm just saying that he has been one of the 5 most harmful personalities of this century (at least when it comes to classical music).

Don't downplay the influence that his music had on the academic composers of this century.

Listening to some Glinka. Feeling calm

dittersdorf
youtube.com/watch?v=ns1gTvTPI1s

Don't forget to fluff your dress as well user

Most comfy piano concerto?

Mozart 22.

Sticks and stones my friend, sticks and stones.

What an uncomfy cabin

It doesn't get comfier than this

Beethoven's 4th

>I've already studied his career, and I can assure you that he stopped making those statements in the '80s and started regretting them in the '90s.
I know.

Serialism had an iron grip in academia, true, but I think it would've happened with or without him. If you don't have Boulez, you have Stockhausen, or Maderna, or Berio, or Carter, and so on. I think serialism was more of an unfortunate logical progression from the early 20th century, something which was unavoidable.

I don't know, I just simply cannot hold a grudge against Boulez even if I don't like serialism. There are too many factors that went into that machine in the mid-20th century.

before someone asks what the most comfy string quartet is, the answer is borodin 2

Can you guys help me? I'm trying to find the original source of this excerpt that starts at 1:41. I've no clue whatsoever, sounds like something from Giya Kancheli, but I couldn't find anything sounding similar to this in his body of work.

>1:41
youtube.com/watch?v=1lMYgn1O4ww

Exactly. If you don't have Boulez you have one of those 8-9 guys who managed to become famous. That's not a big number, and it is fair to put the blame on the famous composers who influenced that aggressively our academia.

If I can blame Lully for monopolyzing French music I can do the same with Boulez.

>even if I don't like serialism
Don't put a continuum between Boulez and the second Vienna school.
People like Schoenberg, Berg and Hindemith were arbitrary but not dismissive of other non-avant-garde forms, and their music was fairly free of gimmicks while still being masterfully crafted.
The hell that Boulez unleashed on modern academia is a completely different game.

The fact that he was a great conductor, and the fact that he regretted his conduct makes me hate him even more.

It sounds like a loop made in FL studio.

Hype pieces? I have the 2nd movement of Bethooven's 7th Symphony in mind right now.

2nd movement to Shostakovich's 10th symphony

youtube.com/watch?v=e3O1yygAEc0

Chopin played by Busoni

What 3 pieces would you suggest for someone getting into classical ?

Mozart's Requiem, Bethooven's Moonlight Sonata and Vivaldi's Four Seasons. They're good memes for beginners.

youtube.com/watch?v=hhKLw2gk3SM
youtube.com/watch?v=4XvLXOcCcUM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEVUpfLljNc

Beethoven's Appassionata Sonata, especially the 3rd movement
youtube.com/watch?v=cHECZiDs1b8&t=960s

Ravel's Piano Concerto, especially the 2nd and 3rd movement
youtube.com/watch?v=Jz6mnWjaiqQ

Bach's Contrapunctus XI from the Art of Fugue (start with the piano version, once you're comfortable with what you're listening to, try the harpsichord and organ versions too)

youtube.com/watch?v=RWYFc7PBlSI

I'm 100% sure that you will like all of these pieces.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOGs8TtnwoI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tp27ji7CmPs
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh36PaE-Pf0
Can't get more entry-level than this.

youtu.be/YH6xT6rmSD4?t=6s

These are good advices if user is 4 years old or if he is a 60 years old illiterate housewife

This is great

I'm p sure that only the Arabesque will enthrall that user

Holst Planets
Beethoven 5
Chopin's etudes

There are more retards out there than you expect.

>I'm p sure that only the Arabesque will enthrall that user
Really? Out of those three I'd say the Liebestod is the most easy to get of them all, with it having a singer and all.
Although I have to admit the recording is garbage, I just picked the first one from Youtube I saw since I've never looked for it there.
The second part of Hungarian Rhapsody is pretty fun to listen to.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuG7Y6wiPL8
youtube.com/watch?v=e52IMaE-3As
youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA

I'm just talking by experience. I've started listening to classical music in my early 20s because people always told me to listen to shit like Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

I'm pretty sure that what this user listend could appeal to virtually every Sup Forumstard on this site

Petzold

More like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=vLkg-duiFsE

youtube.com/watch?v=JFIGoB7rK70

Thoughts on Mussorgsky?

>Brahms the manlet
>Brahms a few days after Clara Schumann's funeral
He was a douchebag

We have accounts of him staying in his house, crying for days for Clara's death.

Don't doubt his love for Robert and Clara Schumann, we have enough letters of him to know that he considered them as family.

>tfw you won't ever become the best friend of the Schumanns
>tfw your uncle Beethoven won't ever give you personal piano and composition lessons
>tfw Haydn won't ever be your mentor and best friend
>tfw your dad is not JS Bach

>Requiem is a meme
Aw damn, it's a favourite of mine.

Everything is a meme.
You, me, even this post.

Particularly Rex Tremendae.
>RIBS!

retard

meme music is still good though
well, only the half of the req that mozart wrote is good anyway
listen to his c minor mass

Classical music is mostly meritocratic, meme just means that it's music that musicians and composer appeciated for centuries.
There's nothing wrong in loving the Requiem, in fact it's one of those few pieces of music that can be considered as a favourite without being controversial.

What's the best recording of Mozart's Requiem and why is it Gardiner's?

Go away Jeggy

Petzold

Telemann
youtube.com/watch?v=QdXGAX_rBNA

>listens to Lamento della ninfa once
wtf I like madrigals now
youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZX5hFN-is

Buxtehude
youtube.com/watch?v=1Pwb4IaMBUk

What's /classical/ drinking tonight?

in about an hour and a half im gonna chug two beers to pre-game for a pops orchestra concert

Nice. They playing anything patrician?

probably not desu
but a friend of mine arranged some of the music so that's cool

Water.

Is there such thing as a patrician classical movie soundtrack?

depends on how you define patrician

no bully plz

best part 1:15 - 4:09

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6IgwbTYnrI

Prokofiev.
youtube.com/watch?v=xyDKezDLGTM

Bruno Weil

youtube.com/watch?v=z9qUj3OsT0M

>this video is not available

youtube.com/watch?v=8ybTabIfLgY

This one?

Do you have to be a genius to write something as complex and beautiful as the Beethoven's Missa Solemnis?
I'm listening to it daily and it's turning me Christian. How does he do it?

the whole recording is in the second mega link, it's my favorite

>turning me Christian
Only the love of God can do that, user.

Beethoven channels the love of god on that one pretty well

I'm pretty sure I'm hearing it in the Benedictus

That chorus sounds like shit.

Have you ever gotten any of your amateur works performed? Have you heard any other amateur works, and what did you think of them?

>it's turning me Christian
God didn't write it though. A man did. Be Christian if you want, but Missa Solemnis was a work by Man to glorify God - not the other way around.

The instrumental chorale right before the violin solo is probably the most beautiful passage Beethoven ever wrote

Reposting from last thread, can you guys recommend any more Byzantine composers? Cheers.

youtube.com/watch?v=69Lfchlq2BI

Typical Bach and beehthoven normie here. Never could get into Chopin

youtu.be/HfQd0yTv1HQ

youtube.com/watch?v=9IbCEF1XF9Q

Ya lots of notes were played but I still prefer a daunting piece from Bach or a timeless melody from beehthoven

What about a timeless melody from Chopin?

youtube.com/watch?v=nbNhSWJkhnc
>video not related -- I just love that mazurka, I'm referring to that Eb major piece that everyone knows or maybe the waltz in Ab

holy fuck that was annoying, hopefully this pianist dies

youtube.com/watch?v=82okhQiaPs0

Never heard one from him

i like some chopin but these videos you're posting are shit

cziffra is already dead

It's just really boring. It doesn't have that other worldly feel that a good classical song has

>shitting on Michelangeli

Pleb