If you don't know who that is without reverse google searching this image...

If you don't know who that is without reverse google searching this image, you are literal pleb and should never visit this board ever again.

My boy Buster Keaton

How could I fail to recognize D. W. Griffith.

Peter OToole before he got old. Next.

>never seen modern times
>don't plan to
>film academic

Life's good

I thought he had a funny moustache

>implying I need to be reminded of this America-hating pacifist Commie pedophile's existence

Adolf Hitler look really good before he became a secret Nazi

Fatty Arbuckle after losing some weight

Hitler was kinda cute without that faggoty mustache.

>film academic
>posting on Sup Forums

why is that unreasonable

u sure showed them xdddd

Hitler was cute af
I'm glad he's dead, hed probably gas me for not finding him funny

Paul Newman, he's on my salad dressing.

>never visit this board ever again.
Which Game of Thrones, Capeshit or Star Wars character is he then?

It's charlie chaplin right?

Why should anyone know what he looks like out of character?

film academics are all retards anyway. Film doesn't need academia, much less from turds that never directed a film in the first place.
Stay in college retard

Huh, so Nolan was alive during the silent era. Really makes you think

>film doesn't need academics [who haven't directed]
>Lit doesn't need academics who aren't writers
>You can't participate in criticism without engaging in the practice

At least I could get in to college, retard. Maybe do some research on academia and criticism before you smear you opinion on this board like a dog trying to scrape the worms out of his ass on the carpet.

but literature is a serious subject, user, not entertainment for the working class

It's not the 40s anymore

I was going to say Hitler or Houdini but then realized he's a bit too pretty to be a Jew.

there is good post-40es literature though

You monster! I bet you never watched a Goddard or Ozu either. And you don't like Hitchcock or Werner Herzog either. You bastard. I hope they throw you in pleb prison and throw away the key after they revoke your film license.

>Goddard
please end your existence

I know who he is, but to be fair, most people picture him differently.

Do you think he fucked Eugene O'Neill's young daughter as the Tramp or Hitler? Of course he looked like that to his wife. True story, he totally cucked JD Salinger. How do you think Salinger liked them apples?

That's pretty obviously Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.

What makes you a film academic? You completed an undergraduate arts degree with a major in film studies?

I'm not saying that it's not what he looked like but most people imagine him with the toothbrush moustache, a black suit and a bowler hat.

Haha of course it makes sense that Chaplin wouldn't be the tramp 24 /7 but some fans probably thought he did. You gotta wonder how many celebs fuck their SO in "character" because they are both autistic and sociopaths. Charlie probably did.

I work at a university and publish papers on film. Academia is therefore my job.

>people do physical work to pay retardos like this to write about movies
>it's a post-modern western civilization life

Like I said earlier, friend, life's good.

enjoy it while it lasts, mate, I would to the same thing

is that jimmy

ol' jimmy crossbones

Technically a janitor working at the university who distributes papers on film he wrote and printed would be working in academia. I reckon the substance of his publications would be comparable to yours.

Indeed, the simpler the mind the easier it is

Not if he's not getting published (like me) and paid to DO that job (like me).

You and this guy () sound like maddie NEETS who don't get to live the dream like I do.

Sure, buddy boy, the dream. THE DREAM!