Town squares

are town squares common in your country?
how come anglos cant into town squares?
post town squares!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_the_Indies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>how come anglos cant into town squares?
U wot

outside the uk, there aren't many
all of the colonies tend to just have a grid layout for the cities, and there usually isn't a dedicated clear area
there tends to be parks, but no squares

Because we don't see the need for them

we used to but because the construction of the town hall/church was made of less permanent materials they lost their use as town center a long time ago

No town square where I am now but where I lived last year was this one

>picture for ants

And this one in the city the year before

It's for the Aussies
Have this one

That's a very pink building...

my town

You have the White House, we have the Pink House

What's with the wall

Or fence, rather. Protest?

We are a violent people

biutiful

do young people drink go there to drink on the weekends or do Jobbik volunteers chase them off?

this

>Jobbik volunteers
they don't exist, the party too was turned into a cuckservative hugbox years ago
not that i care btw

He's pointing at the ground, going "the city shall be built here".

>are town squares common in your country?

Pretty much, at least at the north i think

pfft

Literally every city/town has a main square in the middle. Normally you will also find the city hall and the main church there.
Guess it is pretty normal for naturally grown cities.
>pic related, even modern cities like Frankfurt

>a road

Not super common, but mine has one.

Hometown during christmas time.

Even small towns may have squares here though they are more car friendly than those in Europe

>how come anglos cant into town squares?
It's very easy to explain. Most of the european towns were founded in the middle ages by rich nobles. They started planning them right from the town squares, or rather market places. Markets were also connected to the main roads so strangers won't miss the opportunity to live their money in this town

I think a lot of places have them, just in a different form than you would expect.
They usually take the shape of large malls and movie theaters, and to that extent they can be four-five times as large as European ones.

are those apartments at the town square?

Would those be a lot more than any other apartments or could you manage with roommates?

squares are dangerous, they allow for social gatherings, exchange of ideas, etc.

our governments say no thanks, for the most part

too bad cause I love town squares and pedestrian areas, but we're forced to shuttle our burgermobiles from our residences to our good-purchasing-stations and our labor-extraction-stations with not much in between

Why didn't you invest in Eastern Polandâ„¢?

Yes because when you start a town it has an order to it, build a square and surround it with:
-Police
-Church
-School
-Bank
-Hospital

Then it expands from there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_the_Indies

Plaza Matriz

Plaza Independencia

The ultimate town square.

But seriously though, US doesn't have that many because all of our cities were built after the middles ages and the renaissance. Our history is newer and the we don;t have as many historical centers to preserve. Give us a hundred years more. There are already "old" sites in the US that are now being considered for preservation rather that bulldozing.

Plaza del entrevero

england has plenty of town squares

Look at these fucking park jobs. What the fuck went so wrong.

This is the international square, it's the only one of it's kind in the entire world.

Half of it is Brazil and half is Uruguay

That Fountain is very bizarre. It has a lot of Mason, magic and alchemic symbols in it.

My grandpa was a grand master so my mom taught me some stuff she learned about masons, I wanted to be one when I was a kid but I found it really creepy when I grew up. That's why I recognize the symbols

To be fair though, this country was founded by masons so it's not rare to find weird stuff around

We've got a small one. Pic related, people crowding in the square to watch a live stream of The Tragically Hip's final concert.

San Miguel de Allende

common to the point that every city, town or village have a central square