Ask a current Canadian armed forces infanteer anything

Ask a current Canadian armed forces infanteer anything.

What do you oil your weapons with and why is it maple syrup?

whats the food like?

Go back to Canada

Canada has a military? Does Canada know about it?

any clue as to when the next draft may be?

And here come the syrup jokes The food is alright at the mess but rations out in the field suck they bung you right up

There will be no draft in our lifetime

no I think our priminister has forgot about us.

We dont even need a military. We got the US to do it for us

Basically. Wish I could say that's a lie but our military is so under funded its embarising when we go train with the US cause our kit is such junk

^This lmaooo

Confirmed. I'm civilian, but work on a base. It's sad. I think our guys deserve better gear.

What do you do on base as a civilian ?

Wo bist du?

Hilariously, I'm a supply tech.

You for sure know the shit we get them and how outdated it is, like the boots they are issuing us right now, like what the fuck is up with that

Canuk that lives in the arctic in the NWT here.

Would you fight your way across the tundra to protect faggots like me and my family?

Honestly I don't even think they would send ground troops up north.

What, you don't like those awesome zipper boots that break every two weeks?

Someone made some money there, and it wasn't the Canadian Military.

WE HAVE MUKLUKS AND PARKAS

It's like they got a contract with sketchers

They are the worst, and everyone wants them for some reason. They're the bane of my existence.

Why Canada instead of america?

Probobly cause you only have to tie them once and you don't have to clean them every night like all the black boots.

That's what I figure in these small arctic communities we're pretty much on our own. I'll practice my russian.

Hell ya!

I was born in Canada and love this country.

I guess. The older guys hate 'em, but youngsters love them.

Do you eat a lot of coleslaw? When I visited they served it a lot.

Yea this is true some times in hay boxes and in box lunches they have it and nobody eats it but they just keep giving it to us. Another big one is bean salad it's the worst thing you will ever eat

Dafuk is a hay box?

I'm only 21 and I hate them it's so lazy and makes us look so unprofessional. I prefer mark 2 combats they are classy af

They don't make 'em anymore sadly. We're sending back the 20 or so we have now as it is to make room for current stock.

Sometimes when your out training they bring these big green bins with food in them and you get in a big line and they serve the food to you

really that sucks. You got any new rucks where you are?

Yep, limited though... Chairforce base, lol. Basically just the high ready guys and handful or army guys get 'em.

Are piss jugs a real thing?

I'm on high reddyness and I still have the old ruck and it pisses me off when people that don't even ruck on a normal basis get them.

Yes haha when you are stuck in a lav for hours on end you piss in a jug. The tankers do it the most tho.

Procurement is so fucking BROKEN. It really needs to be overhauled. I had some hopes that our current Minister of Defense Singh would be able to do something about it, given that he was deployed himself, but I don't know.

Me too. Those old rucks look painful as fuck.

The new ones are all custom sized, with bars to bend to the curvature of your back. Pretty rad.

See, you're high ready land, so if you were stationed at my base I'd tradeja.

Did you read his bullshit today about keeping our fighter jets til 2032? I already miss the Conservatives.

Literally I don't know much about the airforce but I don't even think it would make a difference if we got new jets. We have so many pilots and nothing for them to fly

I have scars all over my back and hips from the old ruck. And the weight is all so low on your body it fucks your shoulders.

We shouldn't be flying machines from the 80s though. I mean... it's embarrassing.

I can only imagine. That wire frame seems like an awful idea. And the material stinks like an old ground sheet.

1 2 or 3 Ppcli Rcr?

RcR

how's feel to protect the country while your faggot PM destroys it?

Given that we were going all in on the non-flying brick called the F-35 Lightning II [that can't fly in inclement weather, would melt runways if it tried to VSTOL, is hilariously underarmed for close air support (which is the main role for our air force) because it has to be "Stealth," the software for firing its weapons isn't done being written, and on, and on, and on...] Basically, it's already a missive boondoggle, and Harper made all sorts of promises to LockMart. Now, we're getting F-18 Super Hornets as a stopgap until we can do a proper trial to replace our CF-18s.

Personally, I'm in favour of the Dassault Rafaele. Dual-engine, decent range, speed, maneuverability, enough lift to do the Ace Combat-type of payload and make it back; all around, not too gee-whiz cutting edge tech, but then we don't need something like that. Plus, when the deal with the F-35 came out, Dassault made an open offer: we buy the planes, they help getting out logistical support up to snuff, will help set up factories in Canada(!) so we can source replacement parts ourselves(!!), and GIVE us the SOURCE CODE the plane's software runs on(!!!)

Those last two really sold me, to be honest.

At the very least, the Super Hornet isn't too dissimilar from the CF-18s, so we've got that going for us now.

he's my boss in a way and the Canadian people picked him so it's kinda our fault

Admittedly bro, your knowledge blows mine out of the water! You sold me... I feel like any time common sense is ignored in cases like this, its willfully so because more people profit some other way.

Is infanteer actually a word? Sound like those Disney fags calling themselves imagineers.

Honestly I don't know sounds like a word to me.

Well, hell, don't take my word for it. Google away and find out what happened with our erstwhile air force. This is just my opinion, and your conclusions may be different from mine.

But yeah, it sounded a lot like the Cons were promised all sorts of stuff in return for the pie in the sky. "Who benefits?" indeed.

>infanteer
The French word for Infantry is Infanterie, and sometimes an Infantryman is still called an "Infanteer". In other words, infanteer is a corruption of the French word for the common term - Infantryman...

Or a baby pirate. Or a pedophilic engineer. The possibilities are endless.

I'll need to see that cadpat with timestamp

Name the last 5 women you fucked

We do have a lot of bilingual people here so makes sence

How can I find a girl who I like who wants to date me?

Haha wish I could help but I myself have never had a girlfriend so can't tell ya.

how hard is basic training?
been thinking about joining the reserves, but i'm also a lazy fatass.

Basic is easy anyone can do it and you don't even have to be in good shape but don't go infantry if your lazy cause you will never make it threw battle school

Fuck. I am the worst dater ever. Girls fall hard for me every few years, then I fuck it up instantly. I recently met a near perfect girl. Physically she's perfect. She's really fun to hangout with. But she only likes me as a friend. I'm not ugly. But loneliness is killing me.

Nice tripdubs

Well don't join the army girls don't like army guys it just makes it harder.

how about the navy?
traveling the ocean could be cool, but i still want to be lazy. any suggestions?

If you want it easy go airforce. Navy you make better money but you will be away from home lots.

I was in an FA-18 squadron that transitioned from legacy to super hornets, they are still a corrosion nightmare, but overall they are a solid jet.

How's the pilot candidate market, if you know anything about it? Did you have to have a degree to be an infanterie?

It's hard to become a pilot like really hard and they don't take many and no you don't need a degree just have your ged at the least.

3 Div is tasked with arctic defense, so yes we would.

That would prove nothing haha anyone can have cad pat shit