most overrated bands thread

The Beatles

Thome Yorke and the Radioheads

i think its just radiohead

Michael Gira and the Geese

Crimson king

Guns and roses

Swans

Zach Hill presents Hella presents Stefan Burnett as Stefan Burnett and the Death Grips

U2. Somehow they're the most successful touring band of all time despite not having any hits or truly acclaimed work or really any evidence of people genuinely liking them (I've never met a single U2 fan in my life).

THE

I have and they're the most obnoxious people you can ever meet, also they're in their last thirties early forties.

Anything CONSTANTLY posted on here.

Jeffrey and the Milky Boys

meme magic

ITT: people who are too musically illiterate to understand good music

>not realizing they changed their name

Stay pleb

No one is saying these bands are BAD. Are YOU illiterate?

this. Like what the actual fuck. I know Vertigo and that's it. Even like 10 years ago they were exceedingly popular but I never knew anyone who actually likeed them. Now it seems everyone hates them but they somehow sell crazy amounts of tickets to their tours.

That user thinks 'overrated' equals to bad.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

How? They're like the most famous band ever?

Nigga how?

Ratiohat

exactly why they're overrated.

Milk inn

couldn't agree more

Moron.

what does this picture mean?

Yee

Nah

>Elliot Smith

/thread

Radiohead and Portishead

FACT

THAT

SO

PREDICTABO

MANY

calling or judging a band/album or any other work/ body of work overrated is only buying into the cycle of hype and removing a work of it's objective context and supplanting it with pretentious contrarianism.

This guy knows what's up.

>Zeppelin

DELET THIS

Truth hurts, I know.

I'm old enough that I actually was in high school when Joshua Tree came out and I don't remember any kids who were into U2. Not even one. I have no idea whatsoever how they got so big or where their fans came from.

Weren't most of U2's fans European?

Fugazi
Slint
My Bloody Valentine

Google? yeah he does

Lmao remember when they gave out a free album for iTunes? Even my mom was like what is this

Most of U2's fans don't actually exist.

"I have never seen a U2 fan," Liam added. "I have never seen anyone with a U2 shirt or been around someone's house that has a fucking U2 record. Where do their fans fucking come from? With all the money they've made, they just likely bought a load of people and every time they do a gig they get a shovel and pile them into their gigs to make them look good. Don't matter though, cos Oasis also has been and always will be bigger than them, d'you know what I mean?"
- Liam Gallagher on U2, for whom Oasis were the opening act in the summer of 1997

this thread shows just how pathetic mu is

Pink Floyd isn't overrated but this album and DSOTM are. Those are some of their weakest albums.

same thing for nickelback. even normies make fun of them.i don't get how they're so successful

they really aren't. they're hardly mentioned on mu or elsewhere

nice b8 faggot

>any band with more than 10 fans sux thread

The fuck is wrong with Nickelbak!? Sure, they are generic. But they have a good sound, nevertheless

They were popular amongst middle class thirty year olds back in the 90s
you've probably met a few U2 fans, they're just old and feel less passionately about music
They rake in tour money because the fans are fifty now and can afford to pay for arena tickets

Grateful Dead aren't overrated

so popular bands then?

these

BOOKS

U all said rock bands...

YES

ITT:
edgy faggots

I'm 5 mins into my first time on Sup Forums and even I can't believe how new you are

eh, for all the shit they get and the fact that they don't appeal much to a mainstream audience, I'd say it balances out.

My perceptions of bands are warped by how much time i spend on Sup Forums: the thread

Pink Floyd aren't overrated, they deserve their place in the dad rock hall of fame
DSotM & WYWH are overrated, but Meddle & Animals are equally Underrated
Why people ever rated the wall beyond another brick is mystifying though

exactly, they did some really good stuff like patgod and meddle, but no-one wants to remember them

>DSotM & WYWH are overrated, but Meddle & Animals are equally Underrated
also idk, i quite like wywh

nirvana .... they suck. can't even listen to that shit. kurt cobain sounds like a crying baby. might sound good if you've never heard music before.
pink floyd is good, actual music, somewhat over rated.

Fpbp

KISS ... 100% gimmick musicians, but people think they're good. They suck! Should be called KIDS, because in order to like this shit, you would have to be the age of someone who has never listened to music before.

Name ONE (1) album by them (excluding the "Unholy Trilogy" ones) that's actually good.

And don't come at me with the "I thought their last record was great, you should check it out" bullshit.

Riffside Journey

Green Day.

AND

You're right. Nickelback is good. They know how to play, good sound. Their image is wrong. Lead musician looks like a weird-o and their band name is stupid.

>He doesn't think KISS is good
Lol holy shit dude

Not sure if that chart is "over rated" - looks like "Most popular" - how the hell is Metallica "over rated" - when as a fan you can listen to their albums entirely.

What, they're awful. "I wanna rock n' roll" ... repeats for like 2 minutes at the end.

Oh, and let's not forget about their dabbling with disco music "I was made for loving you baby, you were made for loving me." Into the garbage.