Is trap already on its way out?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yecFTeMVSlo
youtube.com/watch?v=xnZQnp7NnpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Unfortunately, no.
But I can only hope it will be abandoned VERY soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=yecFTeMVSlo

best trap song all time

i hope not

No, it will diversify, broaden, be accepted by the critics, and develop into its own music phenomenon, eventually inheriting the crown from hip hop as the most important western music genre

Those first four things already fucking happened.

I honestly don't know what "trap" is so I would say no, it probably hasn't even peaked yet.

do you live under a The Rock?

I meant even more. Right now its clearly a hip hop subgenre but it will eclipse hip hop in popularity in the next 5 years

i hope it turns into death trap

No I just don't listen to my girlfriend

I hope not. It's one of the hip-hop genres that have the most potential at the moment but it needs to evolve and change just a little bit first, which I think it is already doing

Not trying to shill XXXMemetacion here but this is a refreshing style I can see taking over.

youtube.com/watch?v=xnZQnp7NnpQ

that doesn't make any sense
trap is hip hop, but hip hop isn't trap

Trap rock when

soon. its coming.

Yeah in rock's beginnings it was considered a subgenre or even synonymous with rhythm & blues, but by the time it really took off in the late 50s it had shed its status as a subgenre and become its own massive genre. The same will soon happen with trap

i dont think trap is different enough from hiphop to branch out much further than it has, the trilling hihats and 808s are mainly biting off of the memphis underground sound of the 90s

it's more comparable to 70s punk vs new wave

The different production styles aren't all it has; the trap vocal style is quickly developing into a rapping/singing/wordless vocalization hybrid that has little to do with normal rapping

Also haven't you noticed how traditional hip hop artists continue to reject trap as a valid art form? Division like that has created genres in the past. Punk, grunge, industrial, hardcore hip hop, and countless other genres took inspiration from rejection and anger

What will rap turn into then? I don't hear any alternatives right now

Yeah that's what I'm saying about trap eclipsing hip hop eventually. TDE is doing its funk revival thing, J Cole is clinging to conscious hip hop but most of the wildly popular hip hop artists are trap-influenced or make straight up trap. Trap was a niche from 2010 to about 2015 but now its 2017 and Migos are probably the biggest pop stars of the whole year thus far

Genres come about because those guys who made that stuff had some sort of goal in mind whether it was simple as the desire to be different or something greater.

Trap doesn't have any inherent goal other than to make the most money with the least amount of effort

>Trap doesn't have any inherent goal other than to make the most money with the least amount of effort
that was also punk

Wrong.
Punk falls under the whole being different statute.
There was no money to made during that time either.

Trap artists do have goals though. Jeezy was arguably the first person to make anything resembling trap and his music was almost exclusively about crime (which he actually lived; it wasn't just for money)

Denzel Curry's music has both strong political themes and draws heavily from his experiences in the urban areas around Miami. Even Lil Yachty, who makes very shallow music, frequently mentions that he has a "new style" that he wants to bring to the mainstream.

Migos and Future might be in it for the money but trap is more than just unintelligible yelping and Versace/Maybach name drops

first of all there was definitely money to be made during the initial punk explosion, what the fuck are you saying? it was huge. there were a lot of huge punk bands that made lots of money with generally very little actual musical training

i think a more important factor that drives the similarities between trap & punk is that it's primarily made by the same people who consume it. its low skill ceiling and "diy" aesthetic makes the music easy to create and the culture easy to assimilate into

do you know fucking anything about what you're talking about.

Well we're talking what currently represents trap and unintelligible yapping and name dropping is what represents it.

Had the style of saying something remotely meaningful continued rap wouldn't be as shit as it is.

Again people didn't make punk initially for the money they just wanted to make something different because shit was getting stagnate.

I wont deny they are similar in the aspects you mentioned but the point is they were spawned for completely different reasons.
One of creativity and one for greed

>I don't pay attention to hip hop or trap so just judge it off the most popular singles
You just played yourself matey

Shut that bullshit up fag, there aren't big name trap artists that actually rap about something.

My point still remains valid because of the fact that we have numerical values to prove it vs your shit tier trapper that didn't make the cut

you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you ever heard punk bands whining about "the grind" and "the hustle"?. Trap is the most commercialized, capitalistic genre of music that has ever existed. At least punk had some kind of movement that wanted "change" behind it, even if I don't agree with their political beliefs.

>One of creativity and one for greed
yo dude you really know nothing about anything you're talking about, shut the fuck up

probably good to at least fucking wiki these things before talking about them. have you ever even listened to punk?

It's fuckin out the door and down the street

Yeah solid argument you have yet to give any sort of information or detail that would prove otherwise.

Trap music is made to make the most amount of money for the least amount of effort.
You saying that is wrong?

So what is their goal? Revolutionize this new music genre? Take rap to all new heights of quality?

You're are shitposter of the lowest quality. Even /b could do better

>meanwhile on bizarro Sup Forums

Not to burst your bubble the commercialization of music is the capitalization of music.
Punk died long ago with it, but that doesn't mean it's not resurrected and keeping itself underground.

>the most important western music genre
holy fuck user

I love DJ Rashad but that's not trap and idk where you heard it was.

I like Young Thug. I think he's fun to listen to. I don't think he's great but he's fun.

trap fuckin blows

mask on

fuck it

mask off

I hope so, it's the worst type of music out there

what about dubstep

Like and Share if you only listen to REAL MUSIC Pink Floyd Queen ACDC Mettalica......fuck new shit Justin Gayber Ke$hit Jonass Brothers,,Rock N Roll Forever!!!!

+1

you sir just earned a subscriber XDDD