Yfw YMS has more subscribers than RLM

>yfw YMS has more subscribers than RLM
>yfw Douge still gets more views regularly
>yfw Screen Junkies as 5 million subscribers

how come RLM aren't more popular? is it because they don't pander to teenagers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iu_YMM9dTxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're shit.

Yeah, actually. They don't do the screaming ADD thing. When RLM is bad,they are just boring, not offenssive.

They have bigger patreons.

Cause they're boring most of the time and don't pander

Low output and little audience interaction.

They didn't accept Based Latza.

Don't pander
Some stuff is boring
Don't upload often

yms ups way less videos, RLM usually has like 2 -3 videos a month

Who in the fuck watches videos of losers talking about movies?

they're probably as popular as they can get, they're pretty niche, most people don't want to watch an hour long discussions on terrible obscure vhs movies

Very true, but he has all his video game let's play stuff to keep people watching and a lot of audience interaction (which RLM has almost none of. Their only audience interaction is the streams, in which Mike and Jay generally don't partake, and during which Rich and Jack usually treat the audience quite badly).

pretty surprise that YMS has more subs than RLM now, though

What loser posts on a japanese board about movies

these guys are horrible

>s it because they don't pander to teenagers?
Basically, yes.

They do what they want, don't pander to their dumb audience, and make really long form videos instead of short clickbait. Their sense of humor is also pretty weird for youtube critics.

>little audience interaction
I don't blame them. Look at how autistic their fanbase is here on Sup Forums alone.

They are slow as fuck putting out videos. No one likes half in bag that much. Plinkett was big sale and has been gone forever.

>slow as fuck putting out videos
Ever since they finished Space Cop, they've been putting out at least one video every week, as well as game streams twice a week.

>No one likes half in bag that much
This is literally untrue

That's exactly it. Yms did a Frozen review and since then has pandered to the normie girl audience and got their subscribtions.

Young Money Squad?

How big is Douge these days? I haven't been following what he's doing for the last five years.

>little audience interaction
The interesting thing is that they have one of the highest Patreon donation amounts out of any of these youtube reviewers. Their fanbase is smaller and they don't interact with them much, but the fans seem to be more loyal than other larger channels.

yms got popular because pandering. his first videos were literally clickbait, he had popular topics like shitting on M Night etc etc and his videos are nothing but him describing the plot and nitpicking which normies love. rlm is too dry for normies. yms also has furry fanbase and his audience is younger than rlm

he still sucks

>there are people who actually care about this

no wonder Sup Forums is such a pleb board

Nostalgia Critic's been at it longer. Plus he has support from the autistic community who are very dedicated to the things they like no matter what dips in quality may occur. Sonic the Hedgehog was never good, but now those games are even worse and autistic kids still love that just as much as they ever did.

Well of course he sucks but does he even have bigger audience or something?

>TALENTLESS HACKS ARE NOT LOVED BY ALL!

color me surprised.

I always used to find RLM stuff boring and too long and preferred watching more of the other channels in till about 6 months ago. Now I have watched pretty much all there videos and get excited when a new video is realized

i think he has a little more presence on yt with the #WTFU thing but then h3h3 pretty much did the same thing more successfully.

Fuck off to Sup Forums.

he was forgotten for a while but now he got attention with the copyright shit. he has almost 600k subs (RLM has almost 400k) but he gets way less average views than RLM. average RLM video gets 200k - 400k views while Douge struggles to get200k

how am I Sup Forums for saying I don't like a video game?

>once week
A lot youtubers like h3 put out one video a DAY son.

>little audience interaction.

probably because they're older. YMS is like 20 years younger so he's a redditor and way more active on social media/internet. He wouldnt have gotten big if it wasn't for his interaction with the audience.

RLM doesn't really interact with their audience which I understand but Jay does post to the forums and he responds on Twitter.

>they finished Space Cop
Space Cop finished them

Spotted the Reddit fag.

RLM actually put effort into their videos, they're not spontaneously vlogging about stupid shit behind a camera.

It's a classic cult following- less fans, more devotion.
Their sense of humor and the fact they make fun of everything other popular youtubers do makes them pretty ostracizing to anyone who is more of a casual Youtuber. Even the Plinkett Reviews have left my friends scratching their heads and thinking it was retarded.
Not saying RLM is exactly genius, thinking man's content, but there's a lot more thought into it and it's certainly a bit too odd to be 100% mainstream.

h3 videos take way less time to make. editing an episode of Best of The Worst is A LOT of work which is why I dont get yms' complainments about how his videos take forever to make. An episode of BOTW is much bigger to edit than your average yms video which takes him a year to make. dude is just lazy.

youtubekino confirmed

but Mike, Jay and Rich are lazy hacks AND frauds!

you are such a fanboy its hilarious. Also as I said plinkett got millions of views when half in bag at best gets 50k.

BotW is a lot of hard work compared to a h3 video. yms is not only less skilled than Mike & Jay, he's also supremely lazy.

thanks for proving my point

Come on, Adam's editing skills are not that shitty. they're even better than Jay's

especially if you compare RLM to like Screen Junkies. They pander and you get nothing out of their videos but fanboy rambling.

I FUCKING LOVE RLM!

A friend of mine once found their video on the Darth Vader suit expecting it to be serious and he got really mad at them for making fun of the Star Wars EU.

Despite a lot of us RLM fans being autist nerds, I think they alienate a lot of other autist nerds who take Star Wars shit too seriously, which I think is a lot. They're aiming at a very specific brand of autist nerds, narrowing their audience even more.

go to bed adam

Is this why Mike is going all "muh schlock" lately, for wider appeal?

Lel what did he say?

if anything Mike has the most divisive opinions. He hates ID but loved ID2. Hating on the new one is popular. The reason people like Cuckman and Jeremy Jahns are popular is because people like to hear shit they agree with.

There is someone willing to help them become the biggest channel on YouTube.

youtube.com/watch?v=iu_YMM9dTxg

He said it was all important info they shouldn't make fun of it.

rekt

>Why are talentless pleb hacks not loved by all?

What a mystery.

>is it because they don't pander to teenagers?

partially yes, RLM covers movies and makes references to directors and shit that a lot of children and teenagers won't get, some movies that they've covered are either niche or obscure and won't attract general audiences

YMS, Douge, etc. also interact with other youtubers, who advertise their channels (like that WTFU thing they did a while back) while RLM is relatively independent

YMS also shilled like crazy at one point for his patreon

Mike should lose weight and get hair implants to appeal to the crucial teen girls and homosexual men audience.

Who is YMS?

>how come RLM aren't more popular?

Because they're a bunch of fat fucks who wasted their 15 minutes.

Mike is a pleb, no one takes his opinions seriously. Jay is the only patrician at RLM.

>yfw Douge still gets more views regularly

I remember some copypasta made around 2011 where the user said in 5 years RLM will be producing their own independent movies, while Douge will lose all popularity besides his legion of autists

Very nice prediction, user, very nice... HOWEVER

btw, is 'HOWEVER' already featured on know your meme?

>is it because they don't pander to teenagers?

Yes

There's a reason why RLM make 12,000 a month on Patreon while YMS makes 3,000, it's because RLM's audience is mostly adults that have money

I was going to say the kids love those "so bad it's good" movies, the kind they watch on BoTW, but then I remembered that they only like shit like Sharknado and probably can't appreciate secret masterpieces like R.O.T.O.R.

The only time I ever watch Douge is his gaming videos with James. Same with JonTron and Pat.

The key is old movie vs new movie

>YMS, Douge, etc. also interact with other youtubers, who advertise their channels (like that WTFU thing they did a while back) while RLM is relatively independent
Wasn't there a story about Doug reaching out to RLM only for Jay saying he wasn't interested? I've heard about it on Sup Forums but couldn't find anything else to back it up. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if these kinda thing would happen. I'll be curious to read what propositions they got from other YT channels.

H3's quality declined once he started forcing weekly vids, then bombed out once he started the daily second channel videos. Quantity =/= quality

>homosexual men audience
But that's what Jay is for.

Jay appeared on some Screenjunkies vid and Mike voice cameo'd as Mr Plinkett on a TFA thing they did

Jay literally just mirrors Mike's opinions most of the time. There are many episodes of HitB where Jay is clearly on one side or the other about a film and then backpedals when he realizes Mike disagrees with him.
He seems to have gotten a bit more confident though. He stuck to his support of Civil War even with both Mike and Rich calling it crap (though tbvh Mike seemed kind of on the fence about it and Rich just pans everything he sees).

They need to capture the other half that wants a daddy.

Why would an sjw like Douge want to work with Mike and Jay? I can see him maybe working with Beardfat but that's about it.

Exactly. Most young people (and plebs in general) view anything from before 1990 as "old" and refuse to watch it unless its a meme flick like BttF or something.

Assuming it ever sees the light of day, will Plinkett's review of The Force Awakens put them back in the spotlight? If they're critical, they'll upset the masses. If they praise the film, they'll likely upset a good amount of the RLM community.

But Mike is already rocking dat dadbod

muscle daddy with a full head of hair is hotter than obese "bear" with widow's peaks

Film School Mike is fighting Schlock Mike and can't form a consensus

d-delete this

It's just a story to fill in the blanks on some unusal events.

Douge made some (now deleted and never saved but it was real trust me) facebook posts attacking RLM for their Honest Trailers cameo. I think he claimed hypocrisy on their end because they gave a lukewarm review on Half in the Bag but then made fun of the movie in the cameo. I've also heard he was mad they didn't want his shitty Melvin brother of the Joker character for the video instead, or that they stole a joke from that bit, or something.

Either way it was very similar to how his fake fued with AVGN started. It too started with some simple comments and insults. Then that grew into a partnership, appearing in each other's videos in order for Doug's dwindling popularity to survive another year, piggybacking on another e-celeb fanbase.

We think Doug got quickly discouraged because RLM doesn't give a fuck about him. On RLM's forum, Mike and Jay were asked about his videos. Mike said he didn't know who he was, and after Jay was linked to one of his videos, he responded something like, "Why is everything technical in this video wrong?"

Shortly after that, Doug made a "best things about the Star Wars prequel" video, obviously showing he was b utthurt and taking revenge on RLM and their Star Wars prequel reviews for being ignored.

so pretty much
>nobody knows anything really, but some user on Sup Forums knows the truth

I watch RLM for Mike's and Jay's (well especally Jay's) deep knowledge of b-movies. All the other youtube channels that do "bad movies" seem phony and only do the popular stuff like The Room or Birdemic. Seriously watch Stuckmann's bad movie reviews, he doesn't really care about it he's only doing it because all the other youtube channels are doing it. His review for Samurai Cop was so phony, like he pretended he hadn't seen all the other youtubers make videos of it. BOTW is pure youtubekino.

I think he already know it's going to be like his Star Trek review. "It was fun, but here are things that suck and are unlike the original films."

What I'm anticipating is the rage from SJWs, because this Plinkett character and the jokes about abducting and killing women hasen't seen new light in our era of the internet. Him commenting on the new Star Wars is certainly going to thrust RLM into the spotlight of today's "nerd culture" and leave them open to a lot of criticism that won't affect them at all because they'll probably not give a shit.

RLM have 40-50 minute videos and are sometimes over an hour, they also are pretty niche with their Star Wars shit being the reason they're popular, but they don't even like Star Wars that much.

Shit like SJ have like 5-6 minute videos and their most popular videos are Honest Trailers which is 5 minutes tops usually.

Can someone please explain the appeal of these guys? They just seem like unfunny shitters to me, who pick on easy targets.

adam never makes videos yet he always whines on about his patreon because >i can't do this for free!!!!!

They did a video where the tortured girl gets revenge on Plinkett, pretty sure that stuff will be toned down or just not there

they grew up in the same era as me with similar tastes and likes so i tend to listen to their reviews

What happened with the dogfucking shitstorm?

he gassed a cosplayer in the most recent plinkett ffs

What the fuck is a YMS, RLM, Douge, and Screen Junkies?

Nothing as far as I know. It's not like he'll get fired or arrested. He said something stupid and people got mad. It happens all the time.

Jay saying

>"Why is everything technical in this video wrong?"

actually did happen though. if you have time dig it up somewhere from their forums. one time Jay also shat on YMS a bit, somebody linked an YMS video and Jay said something like "I would never watch a video titled like that"

Kek. It'll be interesting to see how it goes after the Independence Day 2 review, since he evidently liked that, and listed reasons that sounded very similar to most folk's complaints about Force Awakens.

kids these days are dumb
they don't want to watch 30+ minutes of two guys talking with very few edits
they want funny memes and le epic random reaction faces every 2 seconds otherwise they get bored

famous Tinder users

what happened?

Something I actually know about. Don't think anyone will care too much.

I have a Youtube channel thats reasonably popular, nothing like RLM but Sup Forums talks about me sometimes. (I'm Rob Ager)

I talked to Jay about possible cross promotion, he said he likes my videos but they don't want to do anything 'formal' as it takes up time and effort and could create problems(angry fans, legal shit). That is also the reason you can't message them directly on youtube because when they let people do that they got spammed with shit from 'fans' and every 2 bit channel asking them the same thing I was.
I said I was sorry and he said that I wasn't lumped into that category, He already subscribed to me and told me his personal youtube account to prove it. I was quite self satisfied.

He said fucking animals is ok

remember when YMS tried to collab with RLM and when they said no he bitched about it on his game streams