It's that time again faggots

It's that time again faggots.
I'll even help you out by giving you the answer, you double your chance to win by switching.

Cue relentless 50% retards getting frustrated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb-6rxZxx0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actually you don't double your chances, the show is rigged so you will get the goat no matter what. At least you can trade it with an ISIS for an AK

Forgot to inb4

>INB4
but I want a goat
I'm Muslim
The other door has a goats ass

switcing doors brings your odds up to 2/3

Correct.
Which is double 1/3

it relies on the host choosing the wrong door after the first is chosen. then, there are only two.

Which gives you a 66% chance to win if you switch

No

but what if i want a goat?

But it's yes, regardless of what you think.
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's wrong

Then you got inb4'd

Read up on the monty hall problem. It's all detailed somewhere else. There is also a monty hall simulation you can play with.

Why are you saying that to OP?
He clearly understands this already

Its for everyone else. Also OP doesn't understand this because he's a faggot.

Not this time I'm not.
Making a thread that causes autistic rage and relentless arguing isn't faggotry.

Provided the thread stays one page one long enough to catch a few faggots that get triggered and keep it up there.

Once these take off they almost always hit bump limit

It's 50/50
Two choices, equal chances

Bumping for argurage

No

Its amazing how slow these threads are while Americans are sleeping.
Americans awake, autism overload.

It's about lunchtime in burgerland, So the Americans should be waking up fairly soon

You ALWAYS keep the first door you pick. Don't let those insecure faggots tell you otherwise- they have no confidence in their life decisions

the host always eliminates one of the doors for you after you choose, so YES.

look, the stupid clip from "21" was shown to my college course while he wrote a java program that randomly chose points in a circle--very different in design but followed the same algorithm--and it proved it.

Make an experiment with a friend, use 3 boxes, put one item inside one box, let friend shuffle, friend should know where the item is. Repeat the experiment around 20 times... 2/3 of the times you would be better off with changing the decision

Yes
Explain how.it isn't. Then faggot?
You can't.becUse the answer is NO

50/50

you have 33% chance the first turn but a 50/50 next turn so yeah why would you not pick the option with the higher odds?

youtube.com/watch?v=4Lb-6rxZxx0

then you dont switch

He's fucking with you user. Past events have no effect on the fact that there are now two doors and one of the has a goat , one has a car. IT's 50.50.

Can someone explain this? How does it double your chances by switching?

At the begging there is a car behind a single door but the chances are ,1 door to 3.......when one door is eliminated then your door still holds a 1 out of 3 chance while the other has a 1/2 chance...so its much much better to switch

WATCH A MYTHBUTERS VIDEOON THIS CONSEPT...TRUST ME

step one, you have a 66.66666...% chance of making a mistake the first time, you pick one door and the other guy opens a door, the door he opens is wrong. There are two doors left. The chances that you made the mistake the first time are twice as big, so you change the door and be right 2/3 of the time. TO BAD YOU WERE LUCKY THE FIRST TIME FAGGOT TOUGH LUCK ENJOY THE GOAT

Can I pick the door number 3 anyways?

It's not 50/50, and if it was, What do you mean by choosing the option with higher odds, 50/50 by definition is equal odds

What are the odds of the first door you chose not having the car?

actually, I was fucking with him.
It is 66% if you switch.
You're a retard

but how are you going to know that the 2 goats and car are arranged that way

it doesn't matter how the goats are arranged... even if he drew the pictures for every possible arrangement the odds would still be 2/3

Dumb cunt.

ok but what if the car was behind door number three?

You change doors, always. If you choose 1 and they show you 3, why did they choose to show you that, instead of 2? Your chances of picking the right door is 1/3, but when they take one away, you are left with 1/2, when you look at your chances of getting the right number from the start, it works in your favor, given your knowledge from the information (newly opened door 3) that statistically you have a better chance of getting the car by changing your door 1 to 2.

Dumb cunt

NO NO NO!!!!

YES YES YES!!!!

50%
How can choose from one and two equal 3?
Crazy people thinking this

Bump for Americans to be awake and have opinions

They choose to show you that to make you think switching is a better deal, but it isn't.

switching because math be trixy and shit

Damn straight

Maybe try google to see how the stats work on this, I might not have explained this adequately.

but since the third door has a goat, , the door chosen at first goes up to 1/2 chance, because we eliminated the third, right ?

The host _knows_ where the goats are.
He's effectively got a 100% 'chance' of opening the door to reveal a goat.
If he didn't know, then he'd be leaving you with a 50-50 chance after having found his goat by luck.
But the mother fucker does know, and you know that he knows, and that's the difference.

Consider this:
- You choose one door from 100.
- Host opens 98 other doors each revealing a goat he _knew_ was there.
- You know the host didn't get that result by guessing.
So, do you think the remaining unselected door is 99% chance it's the car?

When you said 1/2, that's when I decided to make fun of you.

Don't tell me what to consider.
I'll take my immediate thought and defend that like gospel that no you very much.

50% forever

Played stay or switch 10 times. 5 times each. Only won 3 times. All 3 times were when I switched. It's a small sample, but it does suggest you have better chances by switching.

Shiny car:
>unbearable taxes
>needs to be cleaned regularly
>paying for all that gas
>lasts for about 10 years

Goat:
>can put it in your shitty backyard
>doesn't need to be cleaned
>free milk, free wool
>lasts for about 10 years

Of course I will switch, I was just shown where the prize actually is.

There are 2 doors
100/2=50
/thread

But there are 3 doors

no there arent. one was eliminated and is therefore irrelevant

Well, o.k.? Like I said, look it up and see how it works or maybe you already know and you're just geek'n.

I'm OP
There is no 1/2
There is 1/3, and 2/3

No, one was opened so you know what's behind it.
It wasn't eliminated, it's still there, it's just open now.

that way the game is easy! Just pick door 1, the car is obviously behind that one(and of course don't switch, you picked the right door!)

When you eliminated the give away door 3 it is eliminated from choice, you have a choice between 1 and 2. .33% to a 50% chance which gets elevated slightly due to the knowledge that the car wouldn't be revealed by knowledgeable party that opened door 3.

Consider this:
- You choose one door from 6,000,000.
- The host then opens 5,999,998 other doors each revealing a living jew he KNEW was there.
- You know the host didn't get that result by gassing.
So, do you think the remaining unselected door is 99.99998% chance it's the Zyklon B can.

i keep it.

That's wrong.
Answer this...
What is the odds of your first choice being the prize, and by extension, the odds that the prize is behind one of the 2 doors you didn't choose?

Believing the zyklon b meme.
That's jew lies to make it sound scarier.

Why purchase special gas in a can, when a tank engine with its exhaust piped into a room get a the same result?

if it isn't intuitive then consider a problem with a larger number of 'doors'

for example

you want to pick the ace of spades to win some prize... 52 cards are face down in front of you, you select one card then the host removes all but one of the remaining cards

either the card in you picked is the ace of spades or the other remaining card

do you stick with your original card (1/52)?

or do you pick one of the remaining cards (51/52)?

wrong

it is 1/3 and 2/3... two doors left and the total probability has to add up to one - you only have two choices... if it was 1/3 + 1/2 then what happens the other 1/6 of the time? Your model is flawed

it isn't 50:50 you muppet

how can you defend it though?

What happens the other 1/6 of the time?

Say you run it multiple times you're saying you expect 1/3 of the time the first door picked to be correct, 1/2 the switched door... but then what? What about the other 1/6th... you've got no explanation so need to re-think this as you're wrong.

Yes it is you dirty hand.
And stop putting yourself up my asshole

I have other shit to do, look it up, they run the numbers online so you can see the statistical advantage to changing your choice. Peace.

explain it then

better still try coding it and running it 10,000 times...

then realise you're wrong

while you're at it consider this example

Still slow. Maybe the rest of the world is taking their siesta, since they can't handle 4 hours of work at a time.

I can defend it by being OP and doing a little troll stirring until the thread has enough 50/50 retards to trigger the 33/66 powers to correct them until there's a counter trigger meltdown and the thread goes into overdrive.

Doesn't seem to be enough Americans to achieve critical 50/50 mass yet.

Both so focused on autistically proving their point they were completely oblivious to that post being in respo se to the MUPPET comment, and irrelevant to the Monty Hall problem.

And this is why you're socially inept

No, just most American Sup Forums users are the typical obese cheese block eaters.
3pm-4pm wake up is not out of the ordinary.

We're talking about people that work up a sweat from waddling to the fridge

Asks.me.to.explain.it
Tells.me.to.learn.coding.to.prove.him .wrong

Apparently he couldn't prove me wrong, So he believes he is right u til.i can prove him wrong.

Religion.logix

Switching does double the odds.
2/3 chance the car is behind a door you didn't choose means 2/3 your first choice wasn't the car.

If your first choice wasn't the car, then ANY other choice is the car.

I'm a nigger and even I get it.
You 50% morans are literally dumber than a nigger

It's actually 25%.
When you choose 1/3 and then 1/3 is taken away makes it 1/2.
But then you have to take the difference from 1/3 and 1/2 and factor that in to the final options which after all the math makes it 25%.

I use a deterministic machine to select the door that has a car behind it.

The same deterministic machine you use to determine to pleasure extent of your butthole?

Yep :)

amazing

Fair enough.
So what did your colon probing machine have to say about the problem the thread is about?

Did it determine it's better to stay or switch?
And what was the justification for the choice it made?

I think your putting far too much faith in a dildo

a u t i s m

Made some typos with some numbers.
But even though some numbers are wrong, the math still makes sense if you actually look at it.

Well you see its a deterministic machine so given a random choose it will always pick the door the car is behind. Meaning staying is the best route as it will always be correct the first time.

Kill yourselves

Might want to recheck that first one you listed.
The other 2, confirmed auts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
fucking idiots.
Imagine you have 1 million doors. 999,999 goats and 1 car. You choose door 1. The host eliminates doors 3-1,000,000. You're left with door 1 and door 2. If you group doors 2-1mil into a group, you have 999,999. You just eliminated 999,998 out of 999,999 doors. This means door 2 has a 999,998/999,999 chance of being correct. The odds of the 1 door out of a million being correct is very small, while the odds of switching to the 999,998/999,999 door is very high. Switch to the other door. always.

All you fags need to do is open all the doors

What if all 3 doors has sheeps?

Theres a 4th door is there?

What if these doors are fake

So the car is always in your colon?

Your asshole is the only door that machine ever points to, or "picks" as you like use.

Guys its 69% chance to get car XD

But your left with 2 doors.
Choosing between 2 choices is 50/50