Any drawfags out there? I tried asking in the drawthread but I was looked over...

Any drawfags out there? I tried asking in the drawthread but I was looked over. I am new to digital art and I'm trying to get a decent tablet around $60
Wacom CTL490DW Intuos Draw Creative Pen Tablet - Small
or
Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small Tablet CTH480
or is there a better option?

Other urls found in this thread:

materiel.net/live/154166.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Nah, they're both fine choices. Touch is kind of useless, though, imo.

thank you!

i got these

drawfag here, i got a wacom bamboo fun pen and touch and it's pretty good so far
you can get a small one at around 40 $

Did you buy this one

nop, i have the old wacom one
materiel.net/live/154166.jpg

Huion

Same here. Would be a good used buy. It's a great tablet. Has a bad tendency to wear down the nibs, though. You can fix that by applying a sheet of plastic on top of the tablet (like the ones used for overhead projectors).

Would you say this is a preferred brand to Wacom, or you just happen to own one?

Not that user, but Huion makes cheaper tablets and screens. Never tried any of their products, but I've heard that they're decent.

I've been using the CTH480 for a few years, It's a gigantic leap from using a mouse, I'd also recommend Art Rage 4 on steam if not PS, It's cleaner/simple interface

My only issue with it still is that disconnect from seeing what you're doing, you have to train your eyes to judge distance all over again because you're looking at a screen and moving the pen, once you're use to it definitely get a Cintiq, It's a tablet but as a monitor, huge visual difference, no disconnect

and moving the pen bellow your vision*

o ya, the touch on the CTH480 is absolute shit, I have to finger fuck the tablet for it to register anything and when it does it does a shitty job, get the non touch one unless Cintiq

wow in the same boat. looking for 100-150 range. any tips?

I got the 480

I got the 480. I really liked it. I use it when im not going out for at work. I got it for 80 back in the day. The price noe is much more generous now then it was before. Fuck toucb pad though. Just disable it.

I got this as a present for my sister once, i don't remember which model

How does everyone feel about Krita?
Would you recommend spending the money on that vs a free program like Krita? What about PS CS2 (found it on Ebay for $30)

i have PS because i use it for other stuff aswell and its oveerall very good, but autodesk sketchbook is free (not the pro version but you can live without it) and i see other artist use it, so i guess its not bad

this
save up for the Huion Giano OP, small tablets fucking suck.

>Huion Giano
what if i live in a country where they dont sell these?
i checked the shipping from their website and it's $20, aswell as the import rate here is insane. probably another $30 when an item is that expensive itself. it's basically only wacom here.

RIP. any local sellers on amazon or ebay?

this is basically the only huion i can find, and its from my neighbor country. i think i might dodge the import rates( not sure). it's h58l but its kinda cheap, and i got a cheap one last time and it stopped working, so i'd rather throw in some extra bucks to make it last

I actually don't think you can sell stuff on ebay or amazon from my country. at least companies here don't use it.

ewwww

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

OOh three consecutive duos of the same numbers

no idea about that model but i'd recommend at least getting a medium tablet if you already draw a lot. if you're just thinking about getting into digital art then a small will be fine but you'll end up upgrading anyway if you enjoy the hobby.

frfrrfrrfrf

Check out offer up or your local craigslist.
I got a wacom 9x12 intous for like 60.00 usd. Lady got it for her daughter and the daughter could not get used to it so she bought her some apple pos and put the wacom up for sale.
Look around lots of people get them as gifts and can't get used to them so they sell them pretty much unused.

hey OP i have that same tablet

it's pretty alright. i have a 1366x768 screen tho

don't get the touch one, its not worth the extra price since you're not gonna use that function at all.

forgot to say

just be careful with fucking around with the cable too much...it ended up tearing itself where the usb connection is so its taped togheter there now lol