I've got a final interview for CISCO tomorrow as a graduate help desk. I've got to do a presentation...

I've got a final interview for CISCO tomorrow as a graduate help desk. I've got to do a presentation, technical interview, behavioural interview and a group activity. Has anyone here got any advice for me or been through the CISCO program and can offer any advice?

My only advice is for you to kill yourself. gl

An interview to work at cisco?

NEET detected, fuck off fag. Atleast i'm trying to be someone

Yes

Try glassdoor.com - sign up for a free account they have a ton of interview questions and a bunch of other shit. Helped me out with my last couple of jobs.

Well if it's just for help desk type stuff, the technical interview shouldn't be hard unless you're a retard. And for the behavioural part just say shit that they want to here but try to make it not sound forced. Just like any other interview.

Already have but there is not too much on the graduate program in Australia which is where i'm going for this position

>say shit they want to here
>want to here
>here
time to end it fag
also, workin 1. line tech support does not constitute being someone

CCNA, Sec+ here.

If there's any advice I'd really push, i'd stress getting wrote memorazation of your IOS syntax down. Networking in general isn't hard, it's just tedious. For example, ACLS.

access list 1 permit ip any 192.168.1.3 eq 443

Access list 1 (access list 1) will permit (permit) IP traffic (ip) of ANY (any) device to the specified address. (192.168.1.3) It will use (eq) https (443)

The thing about access lists in particular, is if you don't understand the syntax, you could theoretically write an infinite string, as there is no real end point.

Know what each value means in your IOS, and more importantly WHERE and WHEN to place them.

Fair enough, well best of luck then. Just be confident if you know your shit it will show.

ADDENDUM:

When going in for an interview, they will ask you questions they are SURE you will not know. Do not bullshit them. Tell them that you don't remember (don't say I don't know, say remember) the information off the top of your head, but you can do some research and get back to you.

This is what I mean by tedium. It's not about KNOWING everything so much as having a broad base to work with, and subsidizing your knowledge with research.

ALSO: No matter how many devices become hands free, there will always, ALWAYS be one point at which everything goes through that needs physical attention.

In the case of networking, brush up on some basic knowledge of ethernet cable pin outs, as well as how to crimp and repair a broken cable.

The most common is the b type wiring standard, for both straight and crossover.

Hope I could help lad.

Good luck in your studies :)

what topics were you given?

I also have this for Cisco tomorrow too for a graduate network engineer. Problem is the topic ive chosen for the presentation ive spent over 10 hrs and still cant find fuck all info on.. Im considering giving up since its too late for me to change topics.

Also, memorize basic CIDR subnetting. Get that down pat. While you can use a calculator, having the knowledge readily available in your head will do you wonders in your field, especially basic troubleshooting.

Cheers breh

Which location?

Choose one of the following topics
HTTPS workflow, certificates, SSL offloading.
SDN architecture, control vs. data plane, Restful API.
VLAN versus VXLAN, packet headers breakdown.
Virtualization, qcow2 versus ova, vCPU sharing, virtual memory allocation, virtual switching.
IS-IS routing protocol general overview, CLNS explanation, tlv usage.

holy shit same topics.

wait is this really for a grad help desk? i never really asked what grad position it was for but i assumed it was for a net eng grad program.

st leonards

Not sure if i'm being trolled or not. Who is the HR person in charge of everything?

adele something?

Charlton

What session are you doing?

yeah.

I just never asked what the grad program was for lol because i already managed to get a job in IT recently..

Just checked my email it does say network engineer grad program.

Ive barely had time to do any research, i chose the last topic.

I'm in the same boat, I got a position paying 70k but i'm just going to take a day off. I'm doing the 9:30 sesh aswell lol

i can barely find information on two sections of my topic after over 10 hrs of research and im not great at presentations so i dont know if ill go or not.

I dont know why we would have the same topics if yours is for grad helpdesk.

Any time I've ever talked to TAC, the engineer we've gotten assigned has not once known what the problem was or how to fix it. They've always had to escalate to someone else, so I don't imagine they'll really be expecting you to know your shit to work help desk.

I did the second one and i only just finished it, but i know i'm fucked. Also I just double checked it and it's actually same as you, I couldn't remember so I just said the first thing that came to my mind.

Any idea how many people are going to be in our group?

Just thinking about having to do that makes me feel sick

No clue. Topic ive chosen is full of legacy bs from 1987 and theres barely any resources online beyond modern translations which isnt enough. Im struggling to write up the presentation and its too late to change topics now.

what is the topic?

Atleast I know I won't be the only fucked one there. What's your name so when everyone introduces themselves I can say "eyyyyyyyyyyyy"

Also how well do you know the OSI model? and how ARP works?

Tomorrow s Sunday

While memorization of CIDR subnetting was useful on the tests as it allowed you to not get bogged down in the subnetting portion of the tests, in real world application I found less use for it instead of just utilizing a calculator.

It's wild what they make lower level candidates go through to get a job in the field. I mean I understand the prestige of the company, and having that name on your resume will serve you well in years to come. It's just you can learn so much more working for a managed services provider, as you get to interact with so many verticals and learn business concerns etc.

To echo others though, don't bullshit an interviewer, it's so easy to spot if you have a technical person in the room or not. Don't be nervous about not knowing something, but know how to arrive at an answer. A lot of what they're looking for is quality people who can be trained to fill the role, personality and trainability go a very long way in the tech world.

We're in Australia you cunt

I havent touched on it in like a year or so, but its something that i could easily go over if i had the time. Its really just lack of time.

It sounds like you really don't give a shit

Eh, i just havent had the time tbh. I was informed about the offer on Tuesday afternoon, i get home at 7pm after my job. If i had a week or so id revise everything but ive basically had under 12 hours so its just circumstances i guess. Dosent really help when your topic is a protocol used in the fucking early 90s and theres like two sites that are still available from that time.

i have a general understanding of the old OSI model and ARP for mac addresses right? but yeah nothing in depth for reasons above

I know them feels. I found out around the same time but i've been balls deep in work otherwise I would of had more time. Wanna get a beer and lunch after the assessment centre?

Tell them their new phones are fucking annoying.

All that for a fucking help desk job? what the fuck

Dude at this point i dont even know if ill go. I dont have confidence unless i know my shit and thats not happening right now.

Look man i'm in the exact same boat, I literally know nothing. I know nothing about ARP, and I don't even know what happens at each layer of the OSI model. Think of it as an experience.

I do my ccna in a month or two. Listen to this dude. I personally memorised the CIDR table.

Agree with this user here, every single interview, no matter the outcome is not a waste of time. It may seem like it at the time, but all it can do it help prep you for future interviews and increase your confidence. If you get it, awesome, if you don't, learn from it.

That's all logical though

Also, if you can interview with CISCO then you can interview with ANYONE, think of it that way

idk man ill have to see. i found some old stuff on whirlpool but im not sure how accurate it is. apparently theres a few hundred for the phone interviews and then something like 30 for the AC and then two will make it.

30 for AC? I thought there was only like 10? Unless they do it over several days

But if you just memorise it then you know off the top of your head how many hosts fit into what subnet. But i guess for summarised addresses a calculator would be helpful.

In my opinion the best way to learn it is look at it, write some, check. Look at it write some more, check. And keep doing that until you are able to do the whole thing

Yea just remember the parts you need to know in a real situation. Amount of hosts and the subnets that correlate.

Did you take SY0-401 or 301?

you have a lot of hoops to jump through goy. how much does this jerb pay?

No idea but I wouldn't take anything less than 60k AUD

the wage sounds inadequate.