/lorde/

I'M WAITING FOR IT

THAT GREEN LIGHT

I WANT IT

What were your reactions when you saw our queen come back to the spotlight after 3 and half years? Opinions on Green Light? Hit or miss? Expect the rest of the album to be nothing like it or exactly like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who cares? Lorde lacks the talent or skill required to make art music, therefore no one should care about her.

Sometimes, I wonder why society allows itself to fall like this.

right on time shill

Ella is a beast and this song will reach #1 on Billboard's Hot 100, screencap this

>Lorde lacks the talent or skill required to make art music

That's not what she showcased on Pure Heroine, is it?

The chorus is fucking garbage

>That's not what she showcased on Pure Heroine, is it?
youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

>our queen

fuck off you idiot. clown. do you think we're all fucking weirdo cucks here? want to discuss the song? discuss the fucking song. don't turn it into cuckery though. fucking sick of this cuck shit on my Sup Forums. discuss her fucking music. want to be a fucking faggot about it? go to fucking /soc/ and find like-minded faggots who want to be pegged by female celebrities. faggot.

Green Light is the worst Lorde song, that style of production doesn't fit her. It's lyrically fine, echoes Pure Heroine in that regard, but this is Max Martin-level pop and it's completely disappointing.

Miss

are you mad that someone is threatening grimes' queen of Sup Forums status
you must be new here

he doesn't even know who is grimes

This song felt like a punch in the face

This could be anyones EDM single.

This song shows exactly what happens when someone from another country comes to the USA - their music gets ruined and becomes generic shit

/thread

pop star makes pop hit, what are the odds

>white adidas
>not black Sambas

dropped

Sorry, it's horrible.

that would look fucking ugly, and im not even that into fashion

I like it

>It's lyrically fine

I'm terrified to imagine what you consider "good" then.

>I do my makeup in somebody else's car

This line doesn't even make sense since most people get ready at home anyway.

>We order different drinks at the same bar

Worst offender comes early. This is the most retarded thing ever put in a song. Most everyone in the world orders different drinks anywhere, even with company. A more intelligent way to put it would be "we sit at different tables on the same bars".

>She thinks you love the beach, you such a damn liar

What a juvenile way to illustrate this sentiment, not to mention the way she sings it sounds disconnected and doesn't flow with the other lines.

>Those great whites, they have big teeth, oh they bite you

Sounds like a 14-year old's attempt at deep metaphores.

>But honey I'll be seeing you ever I go / down every road

Wow, I only saw this line at EVERY OTHER POP SONG EVER RELEASED IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND.

All in all it sounds like something a high school girl would write and then think is very deep and thoughful.

t. I've never had a harsh break-up/heart-brake

I actually really like it.

I think pop music has gone in a much darker, cynical direction over the last couple of years (which can arguably be attributed to Lorde's breakout success).

This song is a throwback to the golden era of ultra-optimistic electro pop from the beginning of this decade.

The hook is catchy as hell, and has grown on me a lot.

>he thinks he's special for "getting" A LOVE SONG

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Everyone's had a fucking breakup, you dunce, it's why love songs are the most popular kind by far. That doesn't mean any monkey writing a love song will make "good lyrics" because so relatable right

Here's the thing: Every single theme you can think to write about has been experienced and done to death. This is why good lyricists find new and unique ways to go about them. There is nothing new or unique in this song. She mentions clubs, cars, drinks, and not letting go. This is lowest common denominator, horse shit "art."

>All in all it sounds like something a high school girl would write and then think is very deep and thoughful.

You could say that about 80% of the music ever released.

Here, I think this might be more to your liking

Wow.....this isn't very good.

>She mentions clubs, cars, drinks, and not letting go. This is lowest common denominator, horse shit "art."

Let me guess? You think Eminem and Unkle Adams are the best rappers coz they don't just rap about money, hoes and bitches?

>failing to interpret the post THIS BADLY

Let me guess, you just got blown the fuck out?

Get back to tumblr OP.

I didn't care too much for it when I first heard it, but it grows on me more and more the more I listen to it.

This. It feels like royals - kinda annoying at first but I'll grow to be ok with it probably.

Exactly. It's a grower.

>cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck

I never cared about her. So I still don't care.

give it up you tripfag your taste is all around garbage

I downloaded "The Love Club" (song not ep) because I really liked it then listened to pure heroine and just thought she's perfectly mediocre.

Funny thing about that EP, Anthony Fantano put it in his top 5 EPs of 2013

>Funny thing about that EP, Anthony Fantano put it in his top 5 EPs of 2013

That doesn't sound funny

total whiff on the first track. Hoping the rest is way better. I still like her. Can't win them all.

Sounds like Bed Folds, who does it much better.

Listened to this song last night, and I've wanted to find this post all day. I give it a strong 7.

imagine being this arrogant and humorless

you're a 12 year old hating on a song made for youngsters

>Max Martin-level pop

which means it's decent

Fpbp

>listening to women music

>posts a photo of a guy who always sings with a female voice

>preferring male singers to sound like Michael Gira

Loved pure heroine, not sure I like the direction she went with this song.

Hopefully the rest of the album is not like this.

My initial thoughts were..

1. I've heard parts of this song before in other songs. Parts of the song are literally stolen from other songs without much change in the melody.

2. You can't fix a broken face with makeup.

Threads like these should be deleted.

It completely and utterly sucks.

It's my new guilty pleasure