iasp.info/pdf/papers/Bertolote.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god or no god, who gives a shit?

GOD IS ALL THERE IS

yes

I belibe I belibe, I beliebe in got

Investigate 3/11

Yes, but Odin not YHVH.
Odin invented the Runic alphabet, YHVH cannot into vowels.
What the fuck kind of god cannot into vowels?

There is no conveyable truth or absolutes within our subjective realities, so to believe in anything is fallacious.

One can have justified true beliefs, the closest to truth we have as humans, and there is no justification to absolutely believe god does(or doesn't) exist.

Given the current evidence I've seen, a God probably does not exist.

Yeah, all nine divines.

7/11 was a part-time job

to Americans god is Yahweh, to Indians he is Vishnu, to Arabs he is allah. The truth does not act this way, in America 2+2=4, in India, and in the Arab world 2+2 is also 4.

You see the funny thing about the truth is that it will remain true, even if you weren't raised to believe it. The truth does not require indoctrination, communities, traditions, institutions, governments, apologetics, stigmatization, tribalism, incentives, or punishments. Yet without these things religion would utterly disappear, never to resurface. The truth however will remain true and available to be discovered even if nobody spreads it. Whether it be by the edge of a sword, the point of a gun, the explosion of a bomb, or from a parent to a child.

maybe one day, religious people will ask themselves why religion requires so many dirty tricks to be believed.

rly makes you think

im glad, thought for a while on that one.

rly stimulates the grey matter

No.
But what I think is, considering the size of the universe, that there are some civilizations, that have reached a level of technology and meta-understanding/knowledge, that that have "god-like" capabilities, and can, within given frameworks of laws of physics, do some tremendous feats

I've seen too many matt dillacunty rekts videos to even have blind faith anymore. still wondering if im somehow wrong though, and because i can never know, it bugs tf outta me

Most people are stupid.

There is no god, no spooks, no ghosts, no spirits, no miracles, no destiny, the "meaning of life" is procreation, everything on earth must kill everything on earth just to survive, there IS such a thing as a stupid question, and size does matter, time travel is not possible, there is no future, only the present and the past.

scientism

And it's vital everyone else agree with you, right kiddo?

yea

>god
not
>gods

take a note from

the day I take religious notes from sweaty neckbeard on Sup Forums is the day I end up like some beta neckbeard like yourself.

cant find a flaw in my argument, goes in for ad hominem attack. good job proving your point, side note you are also on Sup Forums, what does that say about you?

when it comes to subjective things like religion there is no such thing as a solid argument. It means i'm also a neckbeard like yourself, but when it comes to my resolve on god, i'm not sweating.

You don't find it frightening that in your ode to secularism? Three of your four examples were extreme violence.

Religion is not good but it certainly teaches moral laws that while they should be part of our basic existence? Really they are not.

In Nature Lions devour Gazelles. This alone shows that to fall to our natural instincts would actually result in Evil.

The strong survive off the weak, Mercy is non existent. To kill only to eat or to avoid being eaten would still leave us in a constant state of war.
Persoanlly with out further clarification from our Creator. I am not a real fan, regardless of his using the name Yahweh or All which are both names of the same God the God of Abraham whom both Christians and Muslims refuse to see is the same God.

He has chosen to create a world where life eats life to survive and to leave his will for us as a most ambiguous thing. I worship him because I respect Christ and his teachings not because I actually like God. I have many questions for God and if I do not like the answers I will gladly extend my middle fingers to both him and Lucifer for drawing us all in to their arrogant and asinine war.

lions eating gazelles has nothing to do with good or evil. That's a pretty big leap friend

look at this fucking website
you really think theres a god ?

Look at all the billions of planets we have observed in the known universe, out of all the earth like planets this one is not only the only one with intellegent life but the only one with life , at all. we had to have come from somewhere, whatever this weird mental cage we call consciousnesses is.

Yes

It is evil...

One life form has to kill another to survive.

It happens from basic one cells up to the largest of mammals.

No stretch at all.

The Creator either made it all or allowed it to be made. Do I blame Lucifer or the one who made him? This existence is a joke and is about to become far worse. The available guides and instructions are fat too numerous and conflicting.

But yeah Evil and Good are in all things.

When you decide or do a thing you may or may not decide if it is evil or not but how you do the thing can still be good or evil.

If you do just well enough but no more it is evil is it not? If you do not always do your best in all things then you have failed.

Points to ponder.

I do now

What would be evil would be if the Lion killed the gazelle for pure fun. No, the lion kills the gazelle so that it can absorb its nutrients and keep going. It has nothing to do with wanting the Gazelle harm or damning the world it simply is.

yes firmly, although it's probably just myself.

While it is not common in the wild?

Cat's do in fact kill for pleasure when prey is numerous enough.

lets systematically devour your horsehit k?

Yes, because the truth is religion is spread in various ways, 78% of all terror according to the global terrorism index is religious. Which is why its important to take into account the atrocities religion is happy to create and abide by.

ok how about some more of your morality, in Deuteronomy 22:20-21 it staes "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father's house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you. or some other great verses about getting killed for wearing two different types of linens or planting two different kinds of plants to close to each other. or perhaps some quran examples like quran verse 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water melt their skin and bellies." really showing me some classic religious morality.

No, Lions eat gazelles because they evolved to digests enzymes within gazelles, that segues into the idea of murder morality. so to you i pose a question, is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.

Doesnt the strong and weak system your god put forth only show a right of birth viewpoint, furthering an idea that god isnt just, but rather requires favorites, and applie special rules/restrictions to that group.

the way you describe it, all have different texts behind them, different ideas, different origins. There is not more than one truth for only one truth on the topic can exist.

yes god did create a world designed for the creation of original sin cont.

Lions devour gazelles, because lions evovled to feed off other organisms, not because of

God created a world which seemed to focus on an advanced knowledge of original sin, creating animals which both need to kill to survive, but do so wrapping back to the reason of murder being wrong.

you saw his teachings already, fuck off friendo.

meet

Remember the old saying about being the smartest person in the room?

>hey read this unoriginal fedorashit

That' doesn't disprove god, that only reinforces the fact that somethings can be 'evil' or better yet, give into evil...

how so? beyond that can you say how what its saying is wrong?

i doubt im in the wrong room, rather i think its better to stop the resurgence of far right wing Josh Feuerstein lunatics to come out of the woodwork like this is a bush presidency.

reminder

yes Christians are retards, no one was doubting this.

>if you take away religion people won't be religious
>raising your children to believe in a higher purpose and a moral code is brainwashing and probably child abuse goyim

>yes firmly, although it's probably just myself.
I'm not Christian. I'll have to elaborate here, I do believe in God, but I'm pretty certain it's probably just myself who's god.

protip: never do mindfulness meditation 24/7 while smoking pot while you are genetically vulnerable to psychosis because schizo runs in your family, cause you might have an awakening experience of a sorts, and are fucked in the head for life.

In another time I'd probably be a prophet or something, in today's secular time I remain an agnostic. I can't be sure if what I experienced as God, is just a bigger part of myself (my subconscious that manifested itself consciously during psychosis), or if it really can be attributed to something external like a collective unconsciousness.

Anyways if I have any point at all or a rebutal to the post you linked me to it would be that there is indeed something you can experience as God out there, or rather deep inside in you. If it's real or part of your own psyche is of course up for debate and bring us right back to where we started, but the idea of God and religion isn't just made up from nothing, but stems from our own experiences.

So religious truth doesn't always require violence, for it to be experienced I would recommend a high dosage of Psilocybin and a trip to the church, for starters. Also God, Allah, Vishnu, just different names for the same hard to define concept.

Just because you can be stupid on the Internet, doesn't mean you have to

Well then you are barking up the wrong tree because I am a liberal not a conservative.

I just watched this video

oh more horseshit to debunk my favorite. Lets start off by saying "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position", Finally lets get to the meat of suicide rate stats you put forth, first problem is that your graph has no source for its information, didnt find shit reverse image searching nor trying to find the stats you listed. Finally, your statistics go as far back as 1985, thirty years ago, to say this graph is even relevant would still be a fucking leap. Furthermore, by the time someone is insane enough to commit suicide, do you think they are going to believe an ethereal sky daddy whose spent his lifetime sitting back watching the suicidal person getting fucked by his surroundings really matters to him? No its not child abuse, but quality christian books like "how to train a child" that were written for christian parents have unsurprisingly been linked to deaths. Finally i pose the same question i did before, is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.

yes and no, i believe in spirituality and moral code directed by the teachings of jesus christ and various other figures (avoid lust, greed, rage and general shittiness while focusing on helping others and trying to form positive relationships in life). the idea that there is no rhyme or rhythm to the universe seems sad and seeing as how our understanding of the existence is so limited i believe it would be foolish to completely rule out higher beings. the nexus between religion and science will always be the origin of the universe, we did it all come from. both try to tell us there was essentially nothing then there was something. everything has to have a beginning but that doesnt make sense either.

abstience is in fact a postion on sex though.

thats your fucking response? jesus fucking christ. Where did i at all mention i gave a flying shit about your political viewpoints? do i even get a response back to the murder question, nope just a "im not a conservative" seriously, that was so much effort just wasted.

You took the bait pretty easily.

no, its not having sex. its like saying "well the sun is equivalent in mass too a teapot" its asinine and patently ridiculous.

yea, it's chosing not to participate in sex. Thus it's a position on sex.
comparing the sun to a teapot and their mass is by far the most far fetched analogy i've ever heard.

FUCK yeah nigga

not really in the mood to argue with you, enjoy your hippie ideology, unless you want to kill someone/have a big religious following behind you i dony particularly care about non-dogmatic groups.

almost as far-fetched as saying abstinence is a sex position. wth does it mean to be a position on sex?

directed to
if you'd still like to argue id be happy to destroy you on all fronts and ideas as well.

Yep that was it because YOU brought it up.
> to stop the resurgence of far right wing Josh Feuerstein lunatics to come out of the woodwork

Your initial comment was to call MY comment horseshit.

You sure as fuck do not DESERVE a reply.

Hey dude explain the universe then fag

>enjoy your hippie ideology
will do thanks

what about a small religious following, only a little cult, I promise?

gallup.com/poll/108625/more-religious-countries-lower-suicide-rates.aspx

Hmmm

I used to post pro athiesm/agnostic shit all the time to try to get people to stop believing in God.

I will spend the rest of my life deeply regreting this. They say its near impossible to go back after losing religon, but that is just not true.

Did you die and come back to life?

No, my problem does lie with religion as a whole, but the during a trump presidency i don't want to see a group of christian assholes deciding to come out of the woodwork and call for christianity in everything from schools, to your Starbucks coffee.

besides you asked me a set of questions and i answered them, hell i asked you a few in there as well, and im sorry to "huwt youw pwecious wittle feewings", but you comment was asinine, and needed to systematically be proven wrong, not for your sake, but for the sake of keeping right wing regressives and the like at bay.

Never said i deserved a long form reply, but " (You) Well then you are barking up the wrong tree because I am a liberal not a conservative." is still completely ignoring the answers i gave to your questions.

as in where you stand on the idea of "sex" like abstience is the absence of participating in sex. Atheism is the absence of religion or refusal to participate in the thought, Like Nihilism.

>religion =/= God
You must first understand this.

Define God...

Kek fack NO

but that still focuses on the countries, rather than the people who actually commit suicide, you could be as religious or as secular as anyone else, but that snot whats being measured. By solely measuring country suicide rates, you arent allowing for any other factors, that are introduced with a more civilized society.

which one?

>damage control

if atheists are more likely to commit suicide, that still doesn't bother me more than if anyone else does it. Im stating a flaw within the argument being presented.

I don't believe in any god. See, I'm able to recognize that all gods made up by every religion have the exact same evidence behind their existence, and if I can disbelieve one, the rest are all put into question, and it's not too much of a stretch to disbelieve the rest.
One being written as more powerful and stronger than the rest doesn't mean I believe in it. That would be like not believing that Goku exists but believing SSJ3 Goku exists because he's stronger and can do more things.

Religion is your view on "god" not having one is it's own religion

is not. theism is having religion. not having religion is atheism. this isn't my definition, this was in place before you or i was born

John Lennon eorfectly articulated my belief in a higher being:

>I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

I'm pagan, and basically I honour a divine goddess and God, but only because they're an image that we as humans can understand. They're facets of something much greater and much smaller - what is simultaneously the entire universe and every atom in our body. The concept of a God that I believe in is someone entirelyrics ineffable. It's you and me and trees and stars and thoughts and tears and bombs and everything that ever was an ever will be

Inb4 hippiefag

hey look I found the source

iasp.info/pdf/papers/Bertolote.pdf

also

atheist only cares about himself, doesn't mind his society being depressed and suiciding

this is your future kiddies

FML typing on my phone.

Oddly enough, it's pretty easy to sum up my personal take on religion.

suicide is bad regardless of who it fucking happens to, i don't care whether it happens to an atheist or a christian, because its just as horrible each way. Actually thanks fro finding a soruce thats quite helpful, but that doesn't change the fact the statistics are far outdated considering most suicides occur in teenagers, and the even those born at the earliest date are over 30.

Who exactly would be paying for damage control on a topic like this?

old dictionaries actually define it as the belief in the belief that there is no god. Which in itself, is a belief.
>Checkmate internet

You can't see that different cultures in different times had made different approaches to approach the divine and write it down in mostly metaphors and mythical stories. The problem arises when dumb people take these stories word for word and literal. Goku, SSJ3 Goku, Superman, Jesus, Buddha, Batman even, may all be made up stories, ideals, a story to tell you the ideal path through life and to the divine within. To use a metaphor, the holy scriptures are meant as sign post pointing into the right direction to walk through life, but many people make the mistake of climbing the sign post instead of following the path it points to.

>atheist only cares about himself

Based on what? There are other things besides the self and God. If you can place care or faith into either of these things, than I can assume you can place faith in other things, no?

I can't see why much will have changed

over a generational curb? statistics are updated yearly, to reflect changes in society, and the geopolitical states in the modern world. entirely different people were offing themselves 30 years ago then will be today.

No.

Yes

I'm still finding out what god is.

Aren't we all

nope because he doesnt exist

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.

I can't know what does or does not exist if I don't know what it is I'm questioning the existence of. If we're assuming the Intelligent Designer concept is the universally accepted definition of God, than I think many major religions are fundamentally flawed in their interpretation of its nature.

all of which were authoritarian lunatics, who it is absurd to imply their driving factor was lack of belief in god, but somehow more absurd to say they represent every atheist.

Questioning religion is still "finding out what god is" whether or not you believe in 'god' your still on 4 chan in this thread looking for answers to questions you still have on the subject, there for your still on the same boat as the rest of us. let that sink in