mega.nz/#F!LgZ1WBwZ!cYuE5BehrDtoS-Mky7-BuQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

too bad the album sucked
but its cool hes finally made it

>industry plant performs song on tv show
Gee, colour me surprised

Sorry to hear you have such a low IQ

Nice meme. I hope you made mommy proud.

When musicians play on left-biased MSM with left-biased instruments with left-biased vocals and left-biased light systems, what can you expect? :(

>being this stupid

awww does little russian drumpfkin snowflake need a safespace?

It's hard to believe how ungodly stupid you are, assuming that's your interpretation of the songs.

I'm not sure what your point is trying to convey. It seems like the most entry level shame tactics. Perhaps you should learn to be less of a drone?

Wow you sound like every incredibly annoying retard liberal "comedian" on twitter

could you guys fuck off to Sup Forums
this is a music board

Why did you include me in that shit?

fuck off Sup Forumstard

>YouTube Comments

>This song should be called "I Spent My Whole Life Trying To Be Smart But All I Got Was Sand In My Vagina"

I can 100% guarantee that person isn't as intelligent as FJM and has infinitely less testosterone in their body.

Just like the people on Sup Forums.

>reading comprehension
fuck off /trash/tard

t.polartard

I have literally never gone on Sup Forums, you faggot. I only go on /lit/ and a couple times have gone on Sup Forums but that board is awful.

oh i get it
a psuedo retard.
worse than Sup Forumstard
carry on with your spooks and incoherent knowledge!

Memes aside, it's disappointing how almost every song now is a variation on Bored in the USA or Holy Shit. It works well as a standalone thing at the end of ILYHB, but when every track is trying to do the same thing it gets preachy. His take on love is much better than "LOL religious people are stupid!". Instrumentals are really nice at least.

(You)

Also, could you project any harder?

yeah but thats what his fanbase wants. they don't like sun kil moon's redneck ramblings

its only projection
when
it hits
close to home
loser!

Why are you being so aggressive? Life is hard enough.

aggressive
don't
make me laugh
you know
life could be much harder

DJM has never done the "redneck ramblings". Just listen to The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment, it's accessible and has great lyrics. Since this is the hyperpolitical era though, all the very good sentimental music is ignored by the public.

>inanimate objects are leftist

im actually hoping professional reviewers shine some light on PC. because atm i just don't like it besides a couple songs
the ballads and lyrics don't warrant the length of this thing.

Keep telling yourself that, brainlet.

Okay

>but its cool hes finally made it
>Finally made it

>Industry plant when he's been around for so long now
jfc I get not liking the guy the new album was overwrought af but how stupid are you

>im actually hoping professional reviewers shine some light on PC.
I don't think they really need to, it is sorely lacking in any sense of subtlety, and is frankly, boring.

>left-biased instruments with left-biased vocals and left-biased light systems

His music is so fucking boring. And i'm getting tired of his sarcastic, ironic shtick too.

Literally no reason to listen to this hack instead of Joanna Newsom

yeah i think it is also. but im maybe theirs something im missing. fear fun and honeybear was fantastic.

>FJM stands on a soapbox and calls us all SHEEP while reading 10 minutes of lines an 8th grader would write.

10/10 best new music.

FJM is great because he can piss of democrats simply by being a white male, and republicans by singing about anti-religious themes at the same time

wait I'm totally out of the loop

can someone tell me why this dude is in any way relevant

I think he meant they're leftist as in they're played with the left hand

decent singer-songwriter that got tired off ripping off nick drake n them in his early career got picked up by fleet foxes to tour with. made good connections and rebranded himself as a cynical singer-songwriter with some humor thrown in . fear fun and ilyhb are great records
pure comedy is meh IMO. but i can see it getting high praise from p4k

holy fuck that filenmae

Because SNL generally avoids good music preformed by and primarily consumed by white males these days

Every person defending father john misty says its ironic and you're an idiot if you don't get it

WOW insightful, are all of his fans 18 year old pseudo intellectuals?

>this political album is pseudo hack preachy shit (look how much better I am)
Nice! Let's look for your awards somewhere.

lets see your awards ass kisser

Ever notice how Sup Forums's decided to dislike him after he made fun of Trump. I will admit from what I've heard of this album that it's not the same quality of his previous two but some folks on here try way too hard

>ass kisser
Because I'm not a pretentious egomaniac who thinks they're intelligent for disliking a political album?

Imagine how much fun you guys would've had with Bob Dylan.

lets talk more showing your awards pal

its not that bad but the ballads over and over don't justify the length.
he made a great point on "two widely different perspectives" but thats the albums highlight for me
after that the rest are just meh

Woah! Intimidating...

>man holding tiny suitcase.jpg

still no awards huh?

Okay

>the absolute dickriders getting mad in this thread

L
M
A
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

His first two albums were better, this is overwrought and underwhelming at the same time, has no original insight to speak of and tries to hard to captalize on the cult mentality that he's a "genius."

ILYH was a masterpiece, this is a mastershit. Stop being a dumbfuck cumguzzler, it gets you nowhere.

cmon bud don't mention awards you don't have.
that makes you a liar

>I like Father John Misty

iqtest.dk/main.swf

report back

Just the fact that you genuinely think you're smart for liking a mainstream musician who's playing on one of the biggest TV comedy shows ever made speaks more about your IQ than any online test could.

If that's hard for you to comprehend, I'm calling you a pretentious fucking retard.

>Bob Dylan
>Father John Misty
man, I think this new album is getting too much hate but that comparison is uh... unwarranted to say the least

>(You)

It gets pretty sad when you realize there are 60 posts and 23 IPs... Some guy is really personally offended by people disliking this dreck.

Is it possible that our boy J. Tillman himself is here?

Ever notice how half of Sup Forums thought I Love You Honeybear was mainstream crap without ever listening to it?

To be fair, it seems like people are much more offended by people liking him than the other way around here

no josh already made fun of Sup Forums on his fb

could we actually discuss pure comedy?

fav track?
worst track?

4chans pretty famous cause normies keep getting shocked by eveeything we do, plus there was a pepe in the pure comedy video, i know you are here tillman, and i will find you, and i am going to rape you

shit thread

Fav is a toss up between the Memo and a bigger paper bag. Can't really pick a worst because a lot of this album just does nothing for me so I'll say the worst songs are all the ones that I haven't mentioned other than the two long ones.

This is even too pretentious for me

I'm still waiting on the results, faggot.

Whoa... The time it took you to come up with that really showed your genius IQ...

i like how since trump got elected the media is trying to force the narrative that snl is good again when in reality it's been trash for over 15 years

Because I was giving you the time to take the test, you brainlet. Wow, you really are completely mentally deficient. Still waiting.

This is why trump will win again get the fuck off your high horse real people are hurting in this country

fjm is pretty sensible when it comes to trump. tbqh and he isn't anti-religion like ppl think

>and he isn't anti-religion like ppl think
The lyrics are pretty fucking clear when it comes to religion.

Idk maybe I need to read the lyrics I just saw the pepe movie

Read his recent interviews ffs

no he did an interview recently with sub-pop
youtube.com/watch?v=UGn-ZbXEJnE
he's just singing about his extremist experience with it all and pointing out hypocrites
he said at times he returns to it when hes feeling down.
im translating it poorly but its not "fuck religion" like some ppl are saying
hes a smart guy just not coherent at times

>Best
Pure Comedy
>Runner-up
Ballad of the Dying Man
>Underrated
So I'm Growing Old On Magic Mountain
>Overrated
The Memo
>Worst
Leaving LA

You can try to avoid answering actual posts all you want, it'll only make you look dumber. You can't even ironically claim to be smart if you feel at all "enlightened" by what Joshua sings -- feels like stuff I'd have thought were the absolute shit when I was 14 and just finding out that the world was more than cartoons. These are all pretty tired ideas, especially the incredibly cliche'd rant on religion and the songs repeat themes amongst themselves.

This album was pretty obviously an attempt to emulate Bored In The USA, forgetting the fact that the track stood out because it was the only one of its kind in ILYH, and the rest of the album was filled with sincere and poignant messages to balance it out, it wasn't just sarcastic diarrhea. Anyone who thinks making "social commentary," and even more so, ironic social commentary, is anything remarkable nowadays oughta be shot. But TECHNOLOGY IS SO BAD AMIRITE PPL

Cry all you want, album sucks and you're a bitch.

please be a copypasta

Imagine being this triggered by a song

You Sup Forums tards complain about him being so pretentious, yet you bitch in threads about every artist you don't like, calling the people who like those artists "retarded" and "stupid leftists" and whatever bullshit insults you can think of. The irony of that must be lost on you

Is it just "a song" now? Because I was under the impression that liking it was a sign you're a true genius with an unrivaled IQ. What happened? Do you happen to be a daft cunt who can't defend himself?

>still can't articulate why this album is good
sad!

I don't know what all this arguing about politics is all about, but I sincerely just don't really like this new material.

Bored in the USA was by far my least favorite song off of Honeybear, and as others have said pretty much all these new songs are in that style. Musically it doesn't give you much to be interested in and it relies solely off whether you buy into what he's selling. He's a good songwriter in terms of how he presents his ideas, but when dealing with such heavy and wide reaching concepts like the American dream or whatever his ideas and insights themselves come off as pretty shallow and vacuous. He should've stuck with the sillier stuff.

Also, those performances just weren't that good. He was pretty pitchy and his voice didn't seem to have the weight it usually.

And I guess this isn't really related but just watch this old SNL performance by Fleet Foxes. Completely blows him by himself out of the water.

vimeo.com/53104416

>Musically it doesn't give you much to be interested in and it relies solely off whether you buy into what he's selling.
You couldn't be any more wrong. See You have to be something of a vapid cunt to analyze solely what you find on the surface.

When did I say that? You can be mentally impaired or a down right genius and still like a song. Doesn't have to be FJM, could be anyone from Adele to Mozart to Electric Wizard.

>still can't articulate why this album is bad
FYI the album isn't even out, we only have like 3 or 4 songs off of it to base our opinions on

it leaked 2 weeks ago...

send me a link

its not "out" though, just leaked. might just wait for the higher quality version when it comes out, than judge the sound of a leak

its on soulseek in 320 buddy

The leak quality is fine, how new are you?

>FYI the album isn't even out, we only have like 3 or 4 songs off of it to base our opinions on

mega.nz/#F!LgZ1WBwZ!cYuE5BehrDtoS-Mky7-BuQ

flac pls

Great post. Also thought his live performances were very weak. I don't know if it's my headphones but his voice seemed really low, the singing was off and he looked like he was about to cry.

People getting trigged by negative opinions need to shut the fuck up quickly, I liked his first album and loved Honeybear. This is a step in the wrong direction and a lot of people seem to think so as well. He needs to be aware of this instead of living in his little hugbox which allowed this album to exist in the first place. Tillman is smart, but he's no philosopher. The strongest parts about Honeybear were the raw bouts of honesty and dark humor, also I thought musically it was great too. This music now feels dead, it's just done for the message.

I'm sorry but what does that prove? What about his insights are lying "below the surface" like you suggest? I'm not gonna go read some unspecified interview you mentioned.

I'm not even saying I necessarily disagree with a lot of what he's putting forth, just that they don't justify the bombastic (yet still somehow, boring) arrangements he's using.

>Tillman is smart, but he's no philosopher.
Yeah pretty much this.

jfc the wooooah wooooah wooaaaaaaah
really killed indie music
its like everybody said fuck it we're gonna copy the doobie brothers

I don't know why people always complain about that. It's basically just a way to deliver the melody/harmonies where lyrics would be inappropriate. Vocalists have literally been doing that for centuries.

And even if you find it grating, at least give Fleet Foxes a break since they were doing first in the whole indie sphere. Everyone just started copying them.

no fleet foxes did it fine. but if you start paying attention it became everybody's gimmick

This is Father John Misty we are talking about. Remember that. Most of what he's saying in these songs is cynical but that's intended but there's also his characteristic self-awareness in it. After all, he called the album Pure Comedy, which has two meanings to it in the first place. I do not think you need to buy into to what he is saying in order to enjoy the lyrics themselves.