Is he overrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CggKmuiY198
youtube.com/watch?v=Goy5tAVlv8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is he?

Weird Al, right?

Progressive metal is shit

Nah, philip seymour hoffman was pretty underrated actually.

Yeah, I hate Kenny G

underrated post

I'd say he's underrated

Let's have a listen to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CggKmuiY198

And see the light

>le goofball XDDD

hard to say in general, in some places he's grossly overrated but in others like Sup Forums they can't really appreciate him, you see this shit ? fucking retards desu
if nothing else he's one of the greatest rock producers out there
SYL is rated correctly for the most part

I've never listened to Devin. Where should I start and what should I expect

Ugh... are those dreadlocks? White men lol

>this music
*tips*

I've only encountered one person IRL who liked him. It was 40 year old 5 foot Asian manlet at a Pallbearer show. In line to take a piss he kept making transgender bathroom "jokes". He came up to the urinal next to mine and asked me if I liked Devin Townsend. I told him to shut the fuck up or I'd punch him in the nose.

Clearly only retards like this guy's music.

>I told him to shut the fuck up or I'd punch him in the nose.
clearly only violent thugs hate him

no one's gonna fall for your bait, guy

what

that wasn't really bait i was just trying to say that i seriously don't know who in your story i'd rather spend time with because you sound like a cunt m8

>pallbearer show
the nu-maliest

If you are balding, do it with some pride, damnit.

reddit; the musician

what

Deconstruction if you wanna jump right into the deep end of spork and progwank, it's also the one that held up the most for me, oddly enough
but Ocean Machine - Biomech or Strapping Young Lad - City are his classics, expect stuff that sounds massive and layered generally

awful

not deafhaven/ulver/liturgy?

I started with Transcendence. It's a little inoffensive but it is a good throughline of Devin's style

This album is a fucking classic and when people deny that my opinion of their taste automatically goes down a few notches. I have no idea how he did it but somehow he managed to make the guitar sound reverby and atmospheric while simultaneously being heavy and aggressive. In terms of production, he's a wizard and this album is one of the best SOUNDING I've ever heard. Literally sounds like the ocean desu.

Terria is also great, as is Addicted, and he's still putting out solid stuff as I thought Transcendence wasn't too bad. I kind of wish Sup Forums talked about him more but they just jerk off the same few artists over and over and he's not in that so whatever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Goy5tAVlv8s

Right

When Devy's on, he's ON. When he's not, he's really not.

He probably doesn't have another Terria or City in him, but there are moments of genius here and there.

Bill Bailey used to be funny.

that is one ugly man

>you choose whether you go bald or not

He's great