I don't want to go to Pitchfork anymore. They're awful and I don't want to support them by giving them hits...

I don't want to go to Pitchfork anymore. They're awful and I don't want to support them by giving them hits. How do I find out about what new albums are coming out?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/61621-pitchfork-acquired-by-conde-nast/
archive.is/07Gac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

RYM
albumoftheyear.org
Discogs

That's what I use

RYM

I use other music blogs. Pigeons and Planes is my favorite.

Marcel

Same. It's so fucking leftist. I just want music journalism damn it.

Sputnikmusic

Thanks
My issue isn't necessarily the politics, but I do think it's suspicious how they throw out great scores for generic, vapid, and shallow pop-rap. The breaking point for me was seeing that they gave that new Future album a 7.8.

Here was the exact moment we lost pitchfork:

pitchfork.com/news/61621-pitchfork-acquired-by-conde-nast/

>the "conde nast changed p4k in any way" meme again
how new are you?
p4k was equally shit years before that and everyone knew it

2011 was perfect
2012 was fine
2013 and on was iffy
2015+ was the tipping point

Your website is not perfect if you give a 10 to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

In my opinion pitchfork was already hit and miss by 2012, but yes the conde nast acquisition is not going to help.

>The breaking point for me was seeing that they gave that new Future album a 7.8.
but its okay when they give this is a 9.3 right?

name 1 rap album since then that has topped it

kanye's age of adz to his Illinois

theyre both masterpieces, just comes down to personal preference

I have despised Pitchfork almost immediately since I discovered them in 2009

Ratking - So It Goes

Tiny Mix Tapes is the hipster version of Pitchfork

It's my goto place

That's when they posted this hot piece of racist garbage.

archive.is/07Gac

No. That was bullshit too. I'm saying that the 7.8 rating was the breaking point. I've never taken their opinion seriously, I've just been using them to know what new albums are coming out. But at this point, I can't take supporting them.
XXX by Danny Brown. Even if you disagree with me, it doesn't matter. MBDTF isn't a fucking 10.

omg were they really complaining about the lack of black people in indie music?

Gee I wonder why, could it be that indie music is gay!

no that article isn't bad she just worded it wrong.
shes talking about how she as an poc enjoys indie music but always feels bit weirded out when shes the only poc at indie shows.

i mean put yourself in her shoes. imagine going to some rap concert and its 99% black and you're the only white person. you would feel uncomfortable also