NEON DEMON GENERAL

>People will form and believe their specific opinion on this movie is correct and what NWR had in mind

>They missed the actual, blatantly obvious attempt of NWR to establish a lesbian-drama-thriller genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SOT0jMB_GL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh

:3

>character is supposed to be an otherworldly beauty
>played by Elle Fanning

Immersion annihilated.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SOT0jMB_GL8
cant tell if cringe or based

>dude who makes weird movies is weird

-news at 11

Watching it in 20 minutes what am I in for?

I might see this again tonight.

Jena Malone being best grill.

Pretty normal with Refn style for first half. Weird shit in the third act.

so fuccn pale

I keep posting this in threads, hope somebody could tell me what they think about my interpretations.

Movie was really good. I thought the satirical aspects were a little heavy handed but it was okay because I'm a pleb and wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. Keanu was a neat little comedic character, I always enjoy seeing that guy on the screen.

The rectangle imagery I didn't really get, but the triangle imagery I interpreted as representing Elle's state of mind (blue triangle for purity goes to red as she starts getting deeper into shit).

I thought the parallel between sexuality and violence was very well done in this one, Refn's getting really good at that (compare Drive's strip club hammer scene with the necrophilia scene and the murder/shower scene and you'll see a clear difference). I thought the ending dragged on way too long and wasn't very satisfying, and the period/full moon imagery was a little odd. It seemed to represent the start of a new cycle and that was reinforced by introducing the other young girl for the shoot, but the whole cycle aspect was dropped immediately afterwards.

I think the scene right after the runway, when Jesse hears the screams of her neighbor, wasn't real. I took that as her having a nightmare (Hank knife dream) and her paranoia connecting it to screams next door. Hell, the neighbor might not have even been in danger, and Jesse's paranoia may have blown things way out of context. As another user said, Refn likes to show violence and us not seeing anything must mean something.

>Best scenes
Jena Malone lesbian necrophilia
Wildcat
Murder and following shower, that scene was really fucking powerful
REAL LOLITA SHIT

>Your name is Bean?

Just saw this. In my opinion its all style no substance, but damn does it have style. I love me a good combination of sound and visuals and the film had it in spades.

JUST

How can one be so based!

Triangle imagery represented the vulva, and later on the triple threats (Ruby, Gigi, Sarah) against her life.
The transition from blue (the traditional color of girls and virginity) to red (the color of menstruation and defloration) represented Jessie's descent from being "sweet as dessert" to the titular demon. The scene immediately after the runway psychedelia is of a new sexy and haughty Jessie who tells Bean to fuck off as she falls right into the industry's idea of "beauty being everything", which is a dramatic shift from her previous characterization as naive and nervous. The natural pure virgin has become yet another spoiled plastic mannequin.
The female energy is further represented by the moon (the root of menstruation), which according to Jessie is an eye. Near the end, Ruby lies naked in the moonlight as a gush of liquid emerges from her vulva, seemingly imbued by Jessie's virginal beauty. Ruby was the one who actually coveted Jessie unlike Gigi and Sarah who were just rivals. Her vision being hypnotized by Jessie's beauty was what led to her death. Yet at the end, the female energy and gaze doubly represented by Jessie's blue virginal eye comes back, accompanied by a torrent of red, seemingly too powerful to be contained.

literally Sup Forums the movie

I really wanted Elle Fanning to win at the end even though she was a real bitch to GiGi and Sarah at the beginning (though unconsciously). I alo wish the male characters had a bit more development to them. They both literally just disappear after a scene never to return. But I respect that this was a movie about the girls and it stayed that way until the end. One of my favorites of this year to be sure.

Also, when Sarah ate the eyeball that GiGi vomited up, this old man got up in my theater and said "I've seen enough", and left while muttering "stupid, stupid" to himself.

hahahaha...dat spoiler...kek

I honestly don't understand the Refn is cringe meme. He's one of the most confident, fuck the system directors to emerge since the 90's. He isn't a neurotic mess like Kaufman, he isn't whatever Kevin Smith has become, he isn't a rich spoiled child like Dolan... Wtf is so cringe about him? He's great.

>The transition from blue (the traditional color of girls and virginity)
This. The color blue is initially associated with the Virgin Mary.
Fantastic analysis. Can you explain to me the purpose of the feline? I thought it was supposed to reflect the dangerous environment but it seems to surface level.

>Wtf is so cringe about him?
I don't know. I don't know why people mock him so vehemently. When I think of Refn I always think of that scene in Oliver Stone's "The Doors" when they're showing Jim Morrison's student film in UCLA and everyone's laughing at it derisively while Jim is sitting there with his coat over his head. But that's fucking Jim Morrison they're laughing at.

that part made me laugh out loud, what did he mean by that

did anyone think the mountain lion represented the danger coming from the keanu's masculine world of low lifes (where jesse would end up if she dropped her career) whereas the stuffed big cats in the mansion represented the danger coming from another women, in a world where men are more tamed and women more vicious to each other

I almost burst out laughing during the necrophilia scene.

hmmmmm I thought the mountain lion (literally a cougar) represented the danger of the older women that will eventually come for her demanding their piece.

>tfw I actually got hard

>when she spits into the corpse's mouth
I got hard, yep.

fucking Jena Malone, man. I had a crush on her when I saw her in Step Moms. Why is she playing such a lewd, thankless role nowadays?

Have you heard her band? She's a hipster weirdo.

>she will never spit in your mouth and finger you

But is it Kino?

tell me more about this lesbian-drama-thriller genre

Was crushing so hard on her since the late 90's

he is kinda nerdy and feminine looking guy, probably over emotional too. though i couldn't give a fuck how much of a weirdo movie director is, let them be

me too

That's what I'm saying. She always played the bad behaved girl

>lesbian-drama-thriller genre
This has been a thing for decades. Look up Jean Rollin, that's almost exclusively what he does

who is this neon peon

Watch Mother May I Sleep with Danger 2016, its even more Kino.

wtf I hate women now

ITT: movies men will never understand

I really liked it.

The soundtrack was really good

You mean Sup Forumseddit trash? I agree.