I'm a huge RPG fan but I never got around to playing FF7. I haven't played games in years. Should I play FF7 Sup Forums?

I'm a huge RPG fan but I never got around to playing FF7. I haven't played games in years. Should I play FF7 Sup Forums?

its decent, but there are way better games out there

Yes, yes you should. However, the graphics will be painfully bad compared to today's standards.

You wont like it.
If you havent played any japanese rpgs i garantee you wont like it.
It is a story following a red line. Sure the story is great but today you would get bored from all the confusion

Great for it's time

It's not an RPG.
Its a story game with a level system. Comparing it to fallout 1 and they are super different

It's too dated now. Wait a year or two for the remake. Play ff15 in the meantime.

This. The impact of it will be non-existent to today's new players. In its day though it was amazing in ways that can't be described.

Yes. ff7 Rules.

Get some Pc mods on the go

Play your first time through as easy as you like, it's a JRPG so the difficulty is pretty easy.

Or try to play it with randoms turned off and try to speedrun to the end. That's always interesting.

>the graphic

who gives a shit? It's not just the fucking graphics that makes a game you retard

yes. yes, you should. at least in time the remake hits...

Tell me some user

My body is ready

I've played plenty JRPG's in their time. I was wondering about the confusion factor, older FF games I know can get like that.

I think I just might, any advice?

Yes you should.

If I were you I would just play FFXV, to introduce you to the series. If you don't play games often the new FF will be good because it is much more western inspired than the others, and then pick up the remake that is coming out soon.

use the steam version and you're good to go. the game explains itself pretty well by 1997 standards...you can't go wrong just roll with it. it'll be worth it. but as said, the graphics suck for 2016 standards and there's a lot of reading. but it actually helps the narrative imo

It's good play it also play chrono trigger

man FF XV is a piece of shit

As this user said, the game is great but the graphics are very dated. FF7 was my first FF and so it has that special nostalgia to me. But I never played, for example, any of the Legend of Zelda games, and when I tried to play them recently I thought "The fuck is this shit?"

So don't be surprised if you play it and you just don't get what the big deal was. Sometimes it's a case of "You had to play it when it was released"

Idk man I kinda like it, the Open world is fun, and there is a lot of side quests that remind me of monster hunter. The boss fights are the shit.

>only the best OP

tbh... still one of the best games out, feels old but story,characters and the size of it. makes it damn good, go play!