Your favourite album is shit. Prove me wrong

Your favourite album is shit. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=luSfeLzioCc
youtube.com/watch?v=3mZ0sSStW6Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not Grimes.

>denying the antecedent
Nice try but not a valid argument.

pet sounds is great though?

Prove it.

How about you shove what's valid up your ass and see if you can feel anything.

>Prove me wrong.

easy.

easy

easyyy

ah, but i don't have one you see?

With the 2017 remix/remaster, The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads' strengths shift from just it's powerful, narrative driven and at times humorus lyrics to how beautifully they pair with the epic and grandiose instrumental performances. What we see here is a fusion of post rock structures, shoegaze texture and a modern twist on biblical storytelling that is far greater than the sum of its parts. These 3 texas boys prove they are the best damn band in the land and with their tounges deeply set in their cheeks place it behind an album cover fashioned after the hip-hop releases from Cash Money records. It is suitable because the music here in is worthy of such a gaudy cover and the band knows that humor can have just as much artistic merit as any other form of expression when properly executed.

easy

Patrician

hold it as my favorite more for nostalgic values than qualities ones, but still gonna defend it

I can't, you win

you are right

First actual attempt. Well done.

Are people gonna take Lift to Experience seriously now?

Dont have a favourite album..

Being the best punk rock record is like being the least autistic kid in the special Ed class

Scaruffi: 9/10

It's this and it's perfect.

Okay point taken, at least you agree that is the best punk album

Love this album, but it's a very simplistic album in terms of composition (I know it's part its charm), when you compare it to some of the others shoegaze's classic form the period there's a sense that Loveless was trying to achieve a more palatable sound than his contemporaries . Still love the album though.

This is completely wrong. The main reason Loveless stands out above its contemporaries is for its superior songwriting.

>when you compare it to some of the others shoegaze's classic form the period there's a sense that Loveless was trying to achieve a more palatable sound than his contemporaries
Like what? Nowhere is more alt rock, with clearer vocals and less noise. Slowdive's EPs are dreamier which makes it more palatable almost by default. A.R. Kane's early work is more experimental, I'll give you that. But I wouldn't call much of it shoegaze really.

still waiting

it's abbey road by the beatles, the greatest rock album of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=luSfeLzioCc

Nergle

>implying the fucking sex pistols made the best punk rock record

It's fun dumb album, if you enjoy it it's okay. But it's not trascendental in any sorta of way, it's not the kinda of music that would toy with your emotions. At least I think that a favorite album should something able to connect with you in a personal level and don't think that this album is able of doing that.

Maxwells silver hammer is for grannies

You are wrong because favorites and "tens" are subjective and different for every individual based on personality and other unique factors. I only listen to this once in a blue moon nowadays, but it remains my favorite for what it has meant to me as one person over the years.

On top of that, mostly anyone who goes through any sort of conflict in their lives should be able to take something away from this album, even if their interpretation is wildly different. Even Johnny Cash did, on some level.

It also has great production, a great legacy / influence, and did a lot to popularize industrial music.

>My name is Jonas, The world has turned and left me here, Say it ain't so, The sweater song, etc.
>shit
Pick one

Heh you have no chance faggot, this is indie shit infused with goth and doom metal. Its impossible for someone on Sup Forums to dislike it

Hardcore aside, what's the best punk record?

youtube.com/watch?v=3mZ0sSStW6Y

>muh relativism
If artistic value is entirely subjective then no piece of art has inherent value at all, so the burden of proof is on you to prove that your favourite album does have value. Simply saying "I like it" (i.e. it has value) is an unsubstantiated assertion and has no place in such a discussion.

Until you prove your favourite album is good it remains objectively worthless.

But isn't Death Grips the literal personification of all Sup Forums wants out of its music?

This.

> your favorite album is shi-

what's the matter? got you tongue tied?

thought so :>

>Simply saying "I like it" (i.e. it has value) is an unsubstantiated assertion
Since that is the point of art, then that is the only thing that matters
>no place in such a discussion.
What else would one discuss?

Well there isn't much to why it's my favourite album honestly. It's part the feeling of the album and the vibe it gives, part nostalgia. It's pretty good speaking from a technical standpoint, the band is skilled. Also it's well received generally speaking. It's safe to say it's not shit, and I love it :')

Prove me wrong

2 many dj's - As heard on radio soulwax pt. 2

Partly because of nostalgic value, but mostly because it introduced me to a ton of artists, songs and genres I wouldn't otherwise have heard when I was 8. Hell, even to this day I'm still hearing tracks I didn't exactly know the title of, but I did recognize them and where in the album they're located. It's just mixed brilliantly. Apart from that I just respect the guys for their profound love of music in all its forms and genres.

Also, they're not dead. That's a plus.