Batman v Superman Discussion

It was pretty good (my favorite superhero movie since Raimi hung it up), but I have a few questions.

>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
>How come no one in the Pentagon/U.S. government thought to access the ship by using Zod's fingerprints before Lex did?
>How did Superman know Batman's identity (called him "Bruce")?
>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kyrptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?

All in all, it's a solid 6.5/10, maybe 7. Relatively flat characters (they don't need to change, but exploring their personalities more would've been nice), questionable decision-making, significant plot holes, and forced levity (Martha Kent joking about the cape) took away from it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QrKeWVixoxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As far as I know he learned both their identities prior to the films beginning. Remember Lois learned Clarks identity with basic journalism powers.

Yeah, sweeping over explicit plot development regarding the discovery of different characters' alter egos is by far the most forgivable issue.

Bvs is garbage.

Ur garbage if u reply.

Appreciate the bump.

the ingredients for a competent film are there but what we got is complete shit

scrap justice league, redo batman v superman

behold, I am Ur-Garbage

ITT: people who unironically enjoyed Civil War and Deadpool

Is there much of a difference between ironic and unironic enjoyment if the net result is enjoyment?

>mfw Rorsarch cameos in Batmans fight scene at the end

I'd probably stipulate that "fans" of civil war and deadpool probably didn't actually like the movie

UC literally blows the fuck outta drones, Marvel drones

It was a good film. Flaws, here and there, maybe, but still a good film. Snyder's progressed in my eyes from MoS a lot.

All the Batman stuff was good all the Superman stuff was bad

Batman was pure kino

>Luthor is a genius and is watching other metahumans, so Snyder felt there was no need to show how he learned that exactly
>huh
>He put it together after the party, may have used x-ray vision in the "do you meme" scene
>Lois needed to be relevant in the climax, no matter how retarded the means
>Superman's super hearing can hear anything, except for his mother
>given that the kryptonite gas took his powers away immediately, it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow

>>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
i believe the straightest path is a pretty little road called lois lane
>>How did Superman know Batman's identity (called him "Bruce")?
noticed him up to shit in the party
put two and two together annddd
>>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
she threw it away to hide it/get rid of it
she gets the spear because she's watching the fight a few hundred feet away
there's an explosion and it cuts to her watching the explosion then cuts to her pensive face after which she turns around and goes for the spear
>>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
seriously
>>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kyrptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?
he was weakened, it's not absolutely and totally debilitating

>Why does Lois Lane throw away a spear that a Robot Bat Human hybrid was just using to try to kill the love of her life.

hmm

>>Superman's super hearing can hear anything, except for his mother

to be fair, Lois was way closer than his mother who usually lives in another state, I get that All Star Superman had a scene where Clark couldn't hear Pa's heartbeat but he was again at least in the general vicinity.

>How did Lex know about Superman's identity/relationships?
He knows all the identities of all the other heroes. Why wouldn't he know the identities of Batman and Superman? Also, the "straightest path in a triangle" thing wasn't meaningless.

>How come no one in the Pentagon/U.S. government thought to access the ship by using Zod's fingerprints before Lex did?
They probably wanted to keep the specimen whole, and not damage it in any way, shape, or form. You can experiment on animals/humans because, at the end of the day, we are disposable. They only had 1 Kryptonian specimen.

>How did Superman know about Batman's identity?
X-Ray Vision.

>How did Lois know she had to find the spear? Why did she chuck it in the first place?
Most likely off-screen. It's stupid and is actually my only gripe at all with the Ultimate Cut. Or maybe she realized it was Kryptonian. That's what I'm going with. She chucked it because she wanted it to be gone, away from Superman forever.

>How did Superman hear Lois pounding amidst all the other noise?
Super hearing. He can pick apart tons of sounds.

>How was Superman able to fly while wielding the kryptonite spear? Isn't he weakened as soon as he's in proximity to it? Otherwise, why did Lois throw it away before, after which he was immediately able to stand up?
He was flying very low and close to the ground when he was flying. It showed that his powers are compromised. Therefore, he was weakened. Lois threw it away to keep it away from Superman. He was able to stand up after she threw it away because it was out of his proximity for a long time.

I'm not a shill or a DCuck, just trying to provide some answers. If I'm wrong about any of this, please say something.

really good movie, surprisingly.

that was actually spooky

I don't get the hate, yeah it's not perfect but none of the fucking marvel movies are any better in that regard, they are all kinda on the same level and no one shits on them as much, plus this one looked much better than your average marvel movie, fuck maybe all the nuts are right and disney really is paying off critics

Just saw the ultimate edition and honestly I think I preferred some the theatrical cut. Felt like they let scenes out like batman finding out who superman was. This scene wasn't even in the ultimate edition, why?

Or maybe you have a minority opinion and should stop fixating on what other people like you cuck.

why do Kryptonians speak english?

Batman never found out about Superman's real identity was til Lois ran up and told him about Martha.

Batman didn't even know or CARE that he had one.

it had access to knowledge from 10,000 different worlds, plus it probably scanned the only living lifeform in the room, a human. why it didn't speak Mandarin who knows

Ultimate cut was much better than the theatrical version.

None of the abrupt cuts, scenes weren't jig sawed from their order and it made the Africa scene which became a crucial set piece for the events of the movie actually make sense this time around. Also explains in the large number of additional scenes how Lex's plan worked overall

they spoke English in MoS

>Batman never found out about Superman's real identity was til Lois ran up and told him about Martha.
If I remember correctly there was a scene in the theatrical cut where batman tails superman back to his apartment. This scene was not in the ultimate edition and it's quite sad since it was a pretty good scene.

I'll add to what you said which I think is pretty much spot on.

>Fingerprints
Also, he used the kryptonite to get the fingerprints, which means they probably didn't have a way to extract it even if they wanted to.

>Why did she chuck spear?
Unfortunately, this was a scene where the symbolism they wanted to get was pretty cool but how they went about it was pretty lame. The religious symbolism behind it was they wanted to basically purify the spear, whereas before it was going to be used for evil (Batman killing Superman), now it would be used for good (killing Doomsday). The problem obviously was that it ended up just making Lois look like an idiot.

>Hear Lois
They established in MoS that he can pick and choose what his super sense take in.

ultimate cut version is greatest kino of all time, better than TDK, just watched it, they are very close though

>If I remember correctly there was a scene in the theatrical cut where batman tails superman back to his apartment.

No, you could only be thinking of that part in Superman Animated Series, that never happened in any cut.

>:18
I swear there is a spray of blood.

>batman tails superman back to his apartment
no such thing in either version brah, sorry

>Superman Animated Series
Oh damn ye, you're actually right. Got it mixed up.

Is the cape like a tail? He's not going fast but the thing is crazy waving.

is the extended edition with the extra scenes out today? is it up on torrent sites?

Oh this whol edition was bad, I thought there was going to be more fight scenes and agression but the onyl reason it's rated R is because that one guy said FUCK, are you kidding me?!!

All this false marketing about how it's more brutal!?

Literally the fights are the same and no extra action it's all exposition. Im glad this got the hate it deserved it 2bh

cool story marvel shill

It's amazing, and explains everything, but nice copy pasta

fucks sake guys
she chucks the spear to hide it, and she gets it back because she sees shit popping from a distance and puts two and two together

youtube.com/watch?v=QrKeWVixoxI

go to :25 when we see an explosion caused by clark tackling doomsday, after which there is a cut to lois looking on to these events then looking down and away, in a typical processing type of expression
the camera then cuts behind her as she turns and runs when we see the explosion somewhere around a mile away

Fuck you Sup Forums. I can't watch that scene now without seeing laughing Evans.

>it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow

Not less potent, it was just outside his system.

i.e. If you were to inhale, idk yellowcake for instance, it would be more a lot more damaging then sitting next to a uranium rock.

is that the extended edition?
if i remember right it seems there's extra standup blows from batman before he grabs his throat

yet Batman doesnt know Superman's real identity

fuck this movie

more gay cristian sentimentality bullshit

It's Rated R because of the added brutality in that one Batman scene, the blood in the water of the Steppenwolf scene, and some minor shots of Doomsday.

>wtf are you implying of course he knows who he is

you didn't watch it did you ;p

there's literally two punches and one extra throw, im not paying for this shit i was hyped but there's nothing new

all the extra footage of clark is made up of like 30 secs here and there of small talk there's not quality dialogue from him, he even phones home wakes his mother up asks aher a question and jumps to next scene, or goes gotham asks for a person talks to random for 10 seconds goes to next scene, this happens like 100 times more with all the other characters and literally nothing else happens its fucking shit, im pissed beyond belief right now

Wow fucking savage that's really going to taumatise me.... fuck sakes they could have at least added some brutality to the fight scene fucking throwing him doesnt make it an R

I thought he knew until the Martha scene... Maybe he just didn't know his parents name?
The whole "I bet your parents taught you that you mean something..." spiel heavily implies he knows at least a decent chunk about his upbringing though

then why the fuck was he moved when Clark said "Martha" since he already knew Clark's mother name since he knew who is he

why didnt Batman realized then that Clark is a man from Kansas with extraordinaire powers and not an alien thread, this movie is shit

fuck you marvel drone

It gets ride of all the plot holes and inconsistencies. It made it a better film.

you've never had an addrenaline rush like playing sports or fighting I bet that's why, and have the body of a heavy reader.

It's called the fog of war.

Let me have a guy that is a super god attack you and see how much you think about their mothers name.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AND THEY PLAY IT SERIOUS AS FUCK HAHAHAHAH

oh fucking wow, if you're too fucking inept to understand the theatrical release give up on life, it was straight forward, but i guess marvel drones need shit spelt out to them

please someone shop marvel on the side of that drone

weak ass excuses, why are Dcucks so stuborn and pretensious? why cant they simply accept the flaws in their man children movies like marvel fags do

1. Lex is smart, contrary to what 75 years of comics have said, Superman=Clark is not that hard an equation to solve.
2. That's unresolved. Maybe they were too cautious?
3. At the party he hears Alfred say spy stuff in Bruce's ear. Clark is not a moron. + he can x-ray vision below Batman's mask.
4. She chucked the spear cause it could kill her lover, and because Doomsday had not showed up yet. She went to get it because Doomsday showed up and she can put 2 and 2 togheter.
5. Cause he's Superman, that level of super-hearing is something he had for 60+ years
6. It weakens him but not imediately.

Still more believable than this.

may as well just shoot him in the head, why put at risk Martha Kent's life with the explosion?

I bet Snyder though it was "cool"

because batman doesnt kill you spastik

If you're beating someone in a fight you're not thinking of family heritage, and you have never been exhausted (except for stairs) but cool story arguement

>given that the kryptonite gas took his powers away immediately, it would seem solid kryptonite is less potent, somehow

It would be like the difference of inhaling marijuana smoke vs just sniffing a nug from 5 feet away

at least Jackson was going for a heroic kinda of campy exagerated tone with that scene while Snyder was being "serious" and "deep"

>Snyder's progressed in my eyes from MoS a lot.
I disagree. I thought man of steel was okay but he's already hit his peak with 300/watchmen. He's only going downhill from here.

Why does it matter? Being rated R isn't fucking special.

Makes sense that you would complain about characterization, decision making, and plot holes when you can't even pay attention and put the pieces together yourself.

To answer what hasn't been answered.

Lexcorp is a competitor to Waynecorp, Lex did research on his competition.
Lex is more aggressive and rekless than the U.S. guberment.
Lois figures she has to get spear because she saw DD blow things up with lazor eyes like Batman did, as well as seeing the reports on Lex's lab before.

i wanted to see some epic r rated shit, its literally theatrical version with longer talking shit, barely though

Jackson WAS being serious in that scene. It just turned out unintentionally hilarious.

The theatrical release was fucking stupid. The studio forced Snyder to release a bullshit 2 and a half hour cut. Yeah, you can understand it, but the film had plot holes out the ass. I'm not even a marvel drone. I liked the theatrical cut and don't even like Civil War that much.

not this Batman and I have no problem with him killing international russians mercenaries out to kill him. The correct aswer is because this is a pg13 movie for children

>Thinking that's impossible
Amerifats are getting dumber by the year. You guys NEED to do something about your education system.

you will like the ultimate cut then, if you have even an ounce of attention span and love for cinematic awesomeness

why is Batman fighting him in the first place? because he is thinks he is an alien menace except he already knows he is not an alien menace and is just a beloved son from a couple of farmers in Kansas, he already knows the "Martha" moment. The movie makes no sense

you haven't seen the ultimate cut, it explains by SHOWING YOU, it pretty much holds your hand showing you why. (no spoilers)

theres a precedent with Jackson movies he always mix campy fun with heroic adventure he was not going for serious with that scene

In this version Batman lets the vilains make their own beds, like the scene with the batjet he shoots the ground befpre the truck as a warning shot, the people on the truck could have jumped if they chose to, if they didn't then to Batman that's their decision.

more excuses from butt hurt dcucks that cant accept the flaws in their precious movie

>like the scene with the batjet he shoots the ground befpre the truck as a warning shot, the people on the truck could have jumped if they chose to, if they didn't then to Batman that's their decision.

It was a strafing run, there was no "warning shot", the scene is just edited with a somewhat odd cut so to you it looks that way.

He fully intended to turn those guys into mincemeat

>that lame quip
>DCucks defend this

Disappointing movie. 6/10.

The "Ultimate Cut" also added nothing of note, though it at least fixed some pacing issues.

Superman and Batman are still bad characters, Superman being bland, dull and reactionary, and Batman being unsympathetic, whiny and excessively murderous. Lex Luthor and Doomsday were also awful.

Honestly Lois Lane was the best character in the movie.

I hold no allegiance, the ultimate cut is really the movie that should have been released.

naaaa this Batman kills and is ok for some of us, the movie has a lot more problems than that