'Blade Runner' Sequel Adds Barkhad Abdi to Cast

Well there goes any chance of that being good. Fuck.

Wasn't this guy literally homeless?

he's going to play Harrison Ford's son

>I am the skin job now

He's the love interest

He could be a pretty good early model replicant they find in a dumpster.

Don't you mean Harrison Ford's wife's son?

it won't be good anyways.

Has anybody in this thread even seen Barkhad Abdi act? He was great in both Captain Philips and Eye in the Sky.

Seedy underworld side character

>tfw no one realizes that Blade Runner is on earth after all the rich people leave, and only the forsaken are left.

This guy is great. What's not to love?

It's not like a sequel to blade runner is a good idea anyway lol

How does this affect the movie's chance of being good?

>mfw this actually makes me happy because I thought this guy would have to go back to living in some shithole shack in Mogadishu because he got no work after the pirate movie and he seems like a decent enough guy and the new blade runner will be retarded cash grab shit anyway, so Im not even going to see it

I like how his head looks like a brown lightbulb

why does this fuck have a career, he was literally only cast in captain phillips because he was a doppelganger of the original pirate

Blade Runner: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a science fiction novel by American writer Philip K. Dick. First published in 1968, the novel is set in a post-apocalyptic San Francisco, where Earth's life has been greatly damaged by nuclear global war.

>a post-apocalyptic San Francisco, where Earth's life has been greatly damaged by nuclear global war.

Yeah that guy seems WAAAAAAAAY out of place.

This is why I hate Sup Forums you assholes have no idea what the fuck you're talking about 99% of the time.

This is the EXACT sort of guy that would be there.

There was suppose to a mentally ill character in the source material too, showing that.

But you faggots just want this new movie to be 5th ELEMENT 2.

you are all plebs.

fucking KYS

I don't think you understand. He's black, and he has a funny name.

Good for him.

He just played a fairly different role in Eye in the Sky which proved to studios at least, if not audiences (since nobody fucking saw it) that he has range and is an actual actor, not just a hoodlum who can mug in front of a camera.

thats elysium dumbfuck

is he like trying to cosplay the white man ?

then what about the guy who makes the robotman, the guy the robotman kills and calls father, my man?

This isn't the book.

okdropped, this guy begging for work after he squandered his few million already, remember him doing an article on it how he almost sold his oscar for money

>look at me
>I'm the replicant now

they are going to poop on everything that made Bladerunner good with cg graphics and sjw shit.

bet the mc will even be a female

kek

Deckard was a replicant

is elysium worth a watch seems interesting but matt damon movies always seem to fail me.

Why aren't you happy for this guy? People usually support rags to riches stories

you think he lives there... i dunno... if i died in france would that mean i live there?

its not good
its basically the exact same movie as district nine, only poor people instead of aliums

ALL THE WAY UUUUP

>sequel
>book was standalone

it's gonna suck

yup, so that's why you all know the movie will be bad since the new lead character is an ugly black guy, who obviously has no place in 5th Element 2, who do you think will play Gary Oldman?

He only made 65,000.

>district 9 was not good?

Calling it now
>mc is going to be a female
>story is going to hint that some Trump like figure caused the distopia setting
>they're going to try to replicate the c-beams monologue and butcher it terribly
>Harrison ford is going to get shoehorned into a shitty cameo
>man babies everywhere will suddenly defend this series for no other reason than the main character is a female

and in "Movies that don't need/shouldn't have a sequel"... Blade Runner is towards the top of the list.

Look at him. He's the Blade Runner™ now.

>I like how his head looks like a brown lightbulb

All Somalians look like that.

i'll slap your shit

Hope the lead is a woman blade runner (black)

district 9 was great, but elysium tries to use the same formula, which is what blomkamp seems to do every time nowadays, and it ends up very soulless, you dont have the weirdly sympathetic thing you got with wikus, its like district 9, but shoved into the skin of a shitty action movie if that makes sense

Not quite.

t. Somalian

t. the front page of reddit tomorrow.

why would we want blade runner 2 to be 5th element 2 you stupid faggot

>Blade Runner Sequel

Already sounds like shit.

Why does it need to be a sequel. Couldn't it just be a new story set in the Blade Runner universe?

>yfw Deckard gets stabbed in the chest and thrown off a building by his son/partner/protege/friend

Even worse when you realize Ridley Scott is involved.

Look at me. Im the blade runner now

It's shit but a few parts are pretty cool. Very few

I feel bad for the other Somali actors from Captain Phillips. Barkhad is the only one to get a movie career.

>"I've seen things you wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shores of Somalia. I watched the grease on fried chicken glitter in the dark near the KFC gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like my welfare check... on.. the 3rd. Time to die."
>-Nigger Hauer, as Roy Batty

>implying you wouldn't convert to islam for somali qts

the protagonist will be played by Ryan Gosling, dumb fuck.

Tom Hanks is making the exact same face as I did when I took a picture with a bunch of chimps when I was a kid.

Well of course not all.

The long neck and large forehead is just a general trait.

Middle left looks like Bert.

Watch it for Kruger

me on the left

TRUST IN VILLENUEVE YOU PLEBS

My sides cannot be contained
Kek

Hahaha holy shit they're wearing tuxedos! The fucking apes are wearing tuxedos! You're killing me here guys

i trust in villeneuve

he can do no wrong

Not the person you replied to but I'm Somali and I've been to Somalia.

Somalis are not uniform in appearance, I'm not trying to defend anyones appearenace or what you define as decent looking but somalis are a mixed bag.

Take my family for example. My father is dark, not that South Sudanese black but pretty much like the couple of guys you posted, and my mother who is also Somali is extremely light-skinned, the lighest shade of black possible for an african. That Abyssinian yellow. My father's side of the family is dark because of his mother I believe but the rest of his cousins are light skinned.

It's weird like that. It's also regional as well. The farther down south you go, the darker the average. Same race, just different skin tones. The big foreheads are a mystery. Also hair texture changes as well. Some of my brothers have kinky african hair the rest have extremly soft and curly hair like north africans.

LEWK AT ME

I'm sure you have the benefit of seeing thousands of Somali faces and skulls and knowing the subtleties between one inbred bloodline and the next. But to the rest of the world, your gnarled features really do all look the same. The Somalian features are probably the second-ugliest on the planet, after the Aborigine (and not by a large margin).

You're trying to come off as insulting but this is baby food. You need to step up with your bantz.

you are retard gundam has shown us that rich live on earth while they send all the shits to space

ew

Maybe I... zuck ya dick?

Eye in The Sky fucked me up a little.

Have you ever seen Blade Runner? In it Earth is a desolate hellhole and there are massive signs that tell people to move to off world colonies to live better lives.

His Captain Phillips performance was the most overrated role ever. I don't know how the fuck he got nominated for an Oscar just for being a poor methhead who yells a lot. He literally only got nominated because of his race.

Why? There were all kinds of weird looking people in Blade Runner.

How did it fuck you up? The film had some very contrived elements, and it was pretty tiring to travel up and down the chain of command a dozen times.

He go nominated because all of the pansy limousine liberals in the Academy shit themselves--they're terrified of blacks. They go a kick out of being afraid, and getting an "authentic" experience.

Captain Phillips was based on the excellent Danish film "A Hijacking" - which was released the prior year.

99% don't have a clitoris. That's a deal breaker for me.

>I don't know how the fuck he got nominated for an Oscar just for being a poor methhead who yells a lot. He literally only got nominated because of his race.
Have you ever taken a look at the Academy actor winners/nominees? Half of them yell a lot and the other half play people who are gay or handicapped. Maybe "I'm the captain now" man wouldn't have gotten the award if he was white but I would say he's more deserving of it than a ton of other academy award winners.

i

FUCKING
U
C
K
I
N
G

ʰᵃᵗᵉ

nurgers

It's the oscars, there are far more overrated roles that get nominated and sometimes won.

He lives in the Twin Cities user. Although some parts of St. Paul might be mistaken with Mogadishu

The MC is Ryan Gosling. Dumb shit.

You take the Oscars way too seriously. Fucking Cher has an Oscar.

Reddit is exaggerating but the man does have some talent. I would bet money that at least half of the people in this thread that are shitting on him haven't seen any of his films.

kek

Underrated

Have any of you faggots actually watched Blade Runner? It takes place in a desolate cyberpunk world that is full of strange looking people. Barkhad will fit in perfectly.

there wasn't any niggers in blade runner though

kek

This. I enjoyed the first half of the movie but the second half of refer up over and over killed me.

yo that's fucking Euron Greyjoy on the left

>wanting your women to have a clit so she becomes a slut

Spoken like a true cuck.