Question time

Question time.
I'm a guard in London and always have people asking me questions on it so thought I'd make a thread and answer what you lot have.

FAQ. Is the bearskin heavy?
>nah its actually really light

How do you not laugh?
>imagine being stood still for over an hour and then some Dick starts dancing around in front of you. It's just not funny

Anything else you have hmu with a question

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cIQZiBee224
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are your firearms kept loaded?

Just for the record everything I sat here is public knowledge. If there's something I can't answer I just won't

But no they're not loaded

Actually interested in this too.

No loaded guns and your protecting someone lol what pussies.

Ofcourse. Hiw's your juristiction? Can you arrest people like normal police (if it's not about the target you're guarding)?

Do you at least have a loaded magazine available to you in the event of armed conflict, or are you guys purely ceremonial in every sense?
Do you wear any kind of protective armour underneath the uniform?
If some psycho storms in shooting at the queen in front of you, are you trained to jump in front of her to be a human shield? Does the procedure change for a government official of lower importance?

please tell me you actually have the capability of loading your weapon if needed...

Hello again user. How's life? Anything interesting happen to you since last thread?

So I can just show up with a gun ready to kill the queen and you can't really do shit good to know

If it comes to it we can use the bayonet as an absolute last resort. We canthen make arrests, there are always armed police with us that do the protection work

While on guard, those who are not on the boxes are on a quick reaction force ready to move in 4 minutes in the event that anything happens. We don't have any armour on no.

Did this in Canada for a year when I served, what a waste of a fucking year.

Also the hats smell like shit when they're wet

We can't make arrests*

Made me kek
Thanks sir

"Kek"

Had a guy slip on a man hole cover and stab himself in the arm with his own bayonetted because of the shoes we had to wear with the uniforms. Fucking dude just started bawling in the middle of the road, I laughed the whole March back

One of our lads just got £13k for breaking his arm falling while outside buck

Our officer who was carrying the colors passed out on a parade and dropped the flags. Fucking reservists

So in the movie Patriot Games when Harrison Ford just saved the Prince (or duke or whatever), the guards come running over with their guns pointed at him and he could have just stood up and said "fuck off you cheeky bastards!"?

Well if something like that did happen the ceremonial guards on the boxes wouldn't be the ones to do anything. It would be the quick reaction force who would be on standby

I know people always come over to try and make you laugh and that shit, but I've always wondered, what actually happens if you were to laugh? I get that 99% of retards that try it aren't funny, but if that 1% actually makes you laugh, does anything actually happen? Or is it just one of them weird cultural challenge things, like going to a nightclub in America and not dying?

You'll probably get extra duties so instead of doing a single 2 hour stag (standing there) in the day you could do 2 or 3

>there are always armed police with us that do the protection work
Then what do you do?

Stand there, tell people to get off the fence, if police arent about then radio in for them to come. We literally are mainly there as a tourist attraction. But if something serious goes wrong then we can provide manpower.

>We literally are mainly there as a tourist attraction.
Just like the Queen then.

what's it like living in a city full of non-whites?

Not too bad, never short of something do do so that's a positive

Why you lying though, A guard I know said all he has to do it pull the cover's off and he's ready to go.

Are you actually mentally present that whole time or do you drift away into imagination land thinking of yourself having actual relevance instead of wearing a hairy sack on your head and having Japanese tourists come up and taking pictures with you like you're a living mascot. Also, when your ass itches are you permitted to reach back there and take care of it like a mall Santa Claus or....?

You have international gay sex when you hang out with your comrade guards from Netherlands, Denmark etc??

Do you use some kind of thought game to distract yourself from the assholes trying to annoy you?

Do you get to participate in royal orgies?

He's lying... they aren't loaded

Well you wonder sometimes but you kinda are always switched on looking at the tourists for any potential aggressors

Nah just ignore them really. Think about when you're getting off

I wish

Have you ever had something interesting said to you by a random stranger?

I'm surprised that you would divulge something like that.
Which regiment are you from? The Irish, Scots, Grenadiers or Coldstream Guards?

And which of those is the oldest regiment?

I'm Scots and we are the oldest, 1642

Did you want to be a ceremonial guard with a bearskin and a box or did you join accepting it was just one of the duties you'd be expected to perform?

Wanted to do it

i was in the national guard in vienna when i was a conscript (only 6 months), we had to stand sometimes. but no actual permanent guards stationed.

anyways, when you have to hold the rifle, is there something for it to rest on your chest like a hook or is it only on your shoulder?

also, how many hours is the longest you stand without moving, with the rifle shouldered, and without.

I'm a yank, and I've always loved the uniform of the Household division.

None of the US uniforms hold my eye. When I was a kid I actually wanted to join the British army.

How do you view the US military? Personally I think they are chicken hawks. They can fight against weaker opponents, but would buckle against a real enemy.

They've got good kit. Just they seem to have a load of bullshit as well.

Kit is all they have IMO.

The British have centuries of history and experience. The empire held for over 200 years, and after WW2, the yanks only took a couple of decades to fuck up Anglo supremacy. Wish WW2 didn't bankrupt Albion.

youtu.be/cIQZiBee224

Wich one of those fags is you?