youtube.com/watch?v=Wmjpp0_6kb0
youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>makes 3 albums full of them
ftfy

>Atrocity Exhibition
>radio music

dude what

See, the thing about bait, kid, is you just gotta make it somewhat believable. People aren't gonna fall for this, user. It's not going to happen. So just delete this thread, we'll forget about it, and don't make it again. Thanks.

just because there's a weird song on the beginning doesn't mean the whole album is like this song
the rest is just rhythmic pop rap that stands out among other modern pop rap only because it's not trap

it's pop music

how have you not listened to the album by now

Atrocity Exhibition has maybe one or two songs that could be played on the radio. Old's honestly has a few, the second half's really for festivals not really radio-play.

ITT: people who don't listen to the radio

Rap/hip-hop isn't pop but nice try

wrong image

you just don't get it. HIS SONGS COULD EASILY BE ON THE RADIO IF HIS LABEL PAYED FOR IT
NOTHING ABOUT HIS MUSIC IS OFFENSIVE BESIDES HIS VOICE

>pop rap
>Talking about how he is doing crack and how he is about to overdose but still snorts it.
>All of the beats on the album

You listened to the same album there man?

MAKE DANNY BROWN HIP-HOP AGAIN

the weeknd had a number one song about not feeling his face by doing cocaine
take down your trip idiot

honestly like
Listen to Pneumonia or When It Rain and tell me with a straight face those are songs for the radio

yeah it would be fine on the radio.
what part of radio only cares about making $$$ do you not understand.
its all about having songs that will trick the listener to staying on long enough to listen to shitty ads
if drake and kanye gave a shout out to either of those songs ppl will be bandwagoning DB.

theres a whole market for kids going ape shit over youtube.com/watch?v=Wmjpp0_6kb0 shitty ass distorted bass

I really don't think you get the point that what's on the radio has to be accessible for the common listener to stay on often enough

I.e. Basically fucking nothing on Warp Records

You're not making a point you're just moving with the assumption that Danny brown is radio music and not backing it up in any way

my point is nothing on that record isn't inaccesible for the common listener.

Are you aware the common listener is suburban preteen white girls and boys? At least thats the common listener for the radio

you clearly haven't even heard it. I can understand Really Doe but come on... If you think White Lines could be on the radio you're completely retarded

why are you talking bad yourself?
everybody on this board is a suburban preteen white kid

What you deem to be accessible because of years of listening to music does not make it accessible to the general public. If you played this to the average mom or teenager they would probably question your sanity.

do you really believe that shit or are you trolling? White Lines, Downward Spiral, Golddust, and When It Rain would all never be on the radio and are definitely inaccessible to bottom of the barrel shitheads that are musically closed off enough to listen to radio. Anything that isn't dancehall pop country or trap is pretty much sneered at nowadays

Well if you frequently browse an underground music board you're automatically not a common listener. A common listener is someone whose taste doesn't go beyond the radio. I know for a fact my friends who don't listen to music other than Top 40 would think Danny Brown is weird, creepy and fucked up

i played db in front on my mom when i visited for christmas all she commented on was his voice.
but you're probably right with the other reasons.
no i still disagree. tho this conversation is pointless because warp doesn't have the money or neither does danny have the connections to see if thats true
but i really do believe this stuff isn't inaccessible.
i mean besides the Delia Derbyshire sample on when it rain. its not that weird
are you forgetting this was very popular not too long ago? youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw
sound wise this is much more abrasive than any db song.

Yeh i mean the radio is full of throw back post punk beats with a dude from Detroit yelping over the top.

>Danny Brown dosnt have the connections

He's signed to Warp Records you pleb

Popular =/= Radio play. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites was NEVER played on Top 40 radio, at least where im from. And really? Talking about overdosing on crack is less abrasive to a childs ears than Skrillex?

slow down there kiddo don't bust a nut

warp records doesn't have the pull like xl to get their artists radio time.
it was played on my local stations and reached double platinum
> And really? Talking about overdosing on crack is less abrasive to a childs ears than Skrillex?
you do know they have hip hop stations right?
and again i don't see whats the big deal about him getting radioplay
whats wrong with danny brown becoming just as popular as kendrick,kanye or drake. hes better than them

Warp has more pull then XL desu. XL has Adele and a bunch of "hip" artist, Warp has a legacy that extends to the film industry as well.

Post XXX Danny sucks dick.

top bait

Bro, danny brown is like so next level, the radio is totally not ready for his music

why are people so buttmad about calling danny brown radio music? Saying he is top 40 radio music is wrong, but he IS radio music. There are radio stations that play his songs. Not every radio station only plays top 40 all day long.

I mainly listen to indie rock and pop but I love danny brown, he is really accessible, so I dont think calling him pop rap is really that far off.

this, not every station is just top 40, there are tons of stations that branch out and play more independent stuff. I don't understand the hate for the radio, yes there are trash stations that have the same 5 songs on a loop, but there are good stations to find new music through.