/jfg/ James Ferraro general

Complete discography here: sebaldsfolly.blogspot.com

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BRCl4aijlOM/?taken-by=eccopn
twitter.com/0PN/status/836348281156415488
twitter.com/jonrafman/status/837487893597859840
blog.instagram.com/post/148348940287/160802-stories
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're doing god's work user. Bummed I still can't find a rip of the Skaters' Diminishing Shrine Recycles vhs tho.

hes collabing with OPN
GET H Y P E

Didn't he cheat on his fiancé? Who do you guys think would be a better boyfriend, James Ferraro or Dean Blunt?

I think James would be nicer to you but Dean would probably be more loyal overall. Idk who I'd rather introduce to my parents though.

What is the best ambient Ferraro? Hoping there's more like Clear and Discovery; Clear legit helps me manage anxiety. I've also checked out Last American Hero but that album is too ironic to be relaxing

I'm assuming you've heard marble surf and Live at Primavera Sound 2012 already? Live isn't ambient exactly but a great like 20-30 min song to chill out too. His masterpiece imo

Already heard Live at Primavera Sound and think it gets too much hype on RYM. However I haven't checked out Marble Surf so I'll go to that next

>too much hype
You might be right DESU but I don't think I'd ever have come to appreciate as much as I do without the hype train

>You're doing god's work user
Its not me I'm just sharing the link.
>Skaters' Diminishing Shrine Recycles vhs tho
Yeah but there is a lot other unreleased too, sadly.
How do you know?
>best
That would be quite hard to pin down and if you can even call it ambient but Rerex, Jarvid, K2 in general and what not else(Just check his discog, his has way too much aliases and most of the time the cover matches the atmosphere) is really relaxing. But I think Spencer Clark and Lieven Martens(he is the closest to ambient) is way better in doing relaxing and beautiful stuff.

Burning Prius was horrendous

opn has been hanging with ferraro and fka twigs on instagram for the last 2 weeks

DUDE MUSIC LMAO

>Didn't he cheat on his fiancé?
It seems so and the reason he deleted his ig and twitter account.

yeah dean would be loyal but an asshole. some ppl said he stole a couple of ingas songs earlier on to start his solo career without his permission.

Why are you not posting a link yet, and that doesn't really means that he will collab

without her*

instagram.com/p/BRCl4aijlOM/?taken-by=eccopn
twitter.com/0PN/status/836348281156415488
twitter.com/jonrafman/status/837487893597859840
he does the other photos on his instagram stories which expire every 24hrs

>instagram stories
What is that and how can I see them too?

download instagram and follow OPN
blog.instagram.com/post/148348940287/160802-stories

Thanks!

anyone elses seen his twitter

What do you mean?

Fave skaters album?

So we can all agree that this is his best album right?

Not even an album

This is like Blank Banshee but even worse

His twitter account is up idk what you are talking about.

I meant back then.

I do not understand why all of you worship this man so much.
Can anyone explain what's so great about him?
Sounds like shitty bandcamp ambient to me.

>too ironic
how

It sounds too blatantly like it's just cheap loops from a video game or TV show to be soothing or beautiful. It's not that challenging and I still appreciate it, but I just won't put it on if I'm in the mood for ambient music

Does anyone have iAsia 2 RAVER? It's one of the very few digital releases of his that I haven't been able to find online. It seems to have disappeared without having been saved by anyone. And no, it's not in that amazing Sebald's Folly discography. If anyone can help with this, you would make my year (or at least my month lol)

well first you would have to link me some shitty bandcamp and then i would have to see if it was made before ferraro's releases.
majority of internet based musicians have copied him to the T which is why he moved on to digital sounds after FSV

how's in the middle?

>shitty ambient
I have no idea what you've listened of him, but I can understand why you might feel like that. His music is a grower more than anything and even more if you have not listened to a lot ambient/ industrial and experimental music in general. His music is quite different in that it "paints a picture", conceptual music(not that important) that has a unique sound and why people like him. Its a extremely immersive adventure like than straight music. But of course he does a lot of different stuff and some of them are straight music. He himself describes some of his lo-fi music as dialogues. But like I said already people like him because of his unique sound.
Last year or so it was on mega, maybe try and search it on the archive since I don't have it anymore.

I seriously think Ferraro is one of the few musicians who has taken the sounds and instruments of this era's pop music and turned it into pure art music - music that is completely about expression and doesn't give a shit if its not catchy or appeals to its audience. Even Lopatin seems to "market" his music a bit, but Ferraro is a pure artist in my eyes

I tried searching the archive for iasia, and I only found a few posts discussing the original iAsia, and my own posts fruitlessly searching for iAsia 2 RAVER lol.

>- music that is completely about expression and doesn't give a shit if its not catchy or appeals to its audience
yeah this. even when he released stuff like cold, nyc hell which is sorta similar to deans releases its still in its own world and inaccessible compared to the rest .
think that's why ppl sometimes call ferraro trash because his stuff has no perception of keeping the listeners in mind.

To be fair, people give him shit for reusing Inga's vocals from their joint project to use on breakup albums he made about her but half his discog is sampled/flat out stolen
It's his thing I like it

Who's cuter James or dean?

This is blatant viral marketing. Do not listen to this guy's music. It's shit. Seriously.

I think the main thing that makes him such a different beast from Dean is that he seriously knows what he's doing. Ferraro is classically trained and really conceptual. Not saying it makes him better or worse than Dean, but I actually think they're really different artists. Dean's work (his instrumental stuff at least) feels like jazz for the musically illiterate to me. Like I really feel him playing it even though it's not that complex, it's like a journey not the destination thing. Ferraro's stuff i kind of listen to in a different way from that.

Hi James

wow get over yourself, dick

yeah i agree with you 100%. both of them are my fav artist atm.
james ofc m8

>Didn't he cheat on his fiancé?
Ferraro is a fag?! good lord, that explain so many things..