Hello Sup Forums

Hello Sup Forums,

I got caught shoplifting a 75$ item from walmart the other day and I have court in a week from now...

It's my first time ever being in trouble, but I feel like if i get petty theft / shoplifting / stealing, on my record it will ruin my chance to get a job.

Do any of you guys have any experiences with misdemeanor theft charges to know how to keep them off your record, and/or what to expect my first time in court?

Thanks a lot

lmao

if you're actually over 18 & you didn't run;

you deserve your life ruined by one stupid action you made.

good luck user

That's a little harsh, considering it was his first mistake.

But yeah I do agree, just because it's ur first time getting in trouble doesn't mean you shouldn't be in trouble at all

How did u manage to get caught I don't even. I'm not going to give crime advice on the internet but they do have bathrooms. .....................wishing U could do it over again huh.

You better lawyer your ass up, that shit will follow you everywhere if you don't get it dealt with properly.

Good job, you were dumb enough to steal something you could easily buy with a days pay. No one is gonna hire a thief because they will think you will steal their shit. You are on the road to being a statistic.

Use your suspended imposition

This. Fuck the degeneracy.

>I got caught shoplifting
Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot! Lawyer up faggot!

You need real legal advice, user. Seriously.

I'm on probation for breaking and entering in vehicles and evading arrest probation 6 months 12 hours community service. Keep your head up your gonna have to piss in a cup at least 2 times if you're under 18 then it'll be sealed from your record when you turn 18 + you'll have curfew of 7-9 on weekends and 7-7 on weekdays

Talk to the prosecutor, it's ur first offence in "x" years, you'll get a diversion program and a hefty fine most likely.

Stress you're going to college and want it off ur record, most judges are lenient.

Make him know u won't be seen in court again. Good luck

So your saying If I murder someone I shouldn't get in trouble because it was my first time? Jesus it's common sense to not take property you don't own.

What did you steal? Why did u get caught?

>Jesus it's common sense to not take property you don't own.

It's even more common sense to not get caught like a dumbass. In a Walmart.

You can LITERALLY just walk the fuck out and they cannot do a fucking thing. Why didn't you walk out?

No, but murder and petty stealing aren't the same lol... We all have made mistakes, a misdemeanor theft is not that big of a deal..

Yeah he shouldn't of done it, but what if he was poor and needed food?

I started a new construction Job so my mother didn't lose our house, and I needed special working boots for hazmat and snow, and they were 74$..And when he stopped me they told me if i ran I would be charged with armed robbery so I didn't want to run.

LOL are you seriously stupid enough to believe that?

Armed robbery for running?

You believe a cocksucking equivalent of a mall security guard who legally cannot do shit if you walk out of the store?

You are fucking dumb mate.

It isn't a fucking felony. That petty shit isn't going to ruin your life.

I stole like $400 worth of food over the course of a month. As an employee of walmart.

You can get away kinda easiky, and it'll just be a minor offense. Pleeenty of places hire people with misdemeanors.

If you put up a fight in attempt to flee, you can be charged with UNARMED robbery.

you shouldn't have been such a numb digger

It's still a stealing charge, companies frown upon that shit

Construction companies don't give a shit if they pay you in cash.

I got a misdemeanor charge for stealing booze. A public defender should easily be able to get you on a diversion program that will allow you to take a class and do some community service. After a year from the court date, it will be expunged from your record and you move on. Just finish the fucking community service ASAP. I blew it off and in the long run ended up losing my job.

No you don't get it if they so much as lay a finger on you you can sue for assault.

They aren't even allowed to ask about it in many states, and most companies will never check. Maybe if you are going into law enforcement or something where you need security clearance, but otherwise you have nothing to fear.

My ex stole from Walmart and the cops came to her house the next day, she just casually walked out. they watch you like a hawk and know who you are.

Get a job?

No shit which is why you cover your face, use hair dye, or otherwise conceal your identity. And don't go to a walmart you shop regularly to like some kind of ultra retard.

Common fucking sense man.

why is there a snake in the bathtub with you?

>Repeated 6s

Nice

First time offenses have shades of gray depending on the nature of crime.

This is why we have varying degrees of punishment, otherwise there would be the same legal consequence for any certain crime. Murdering someone, doing time, and doing it again the criminal gets out obviously means the criminal didn't learn his/her lesson and we increase the punishment. There is no one-size-fits all punishment for the system you imagine. That's the differences we have for first time offenders and career criminals.

>Cover your face
Kek, because that won't look fishy at all
>Hair dye
All this shit just for something less than 100 dollers, you don't sound like you know what you're talking about. How do you suppose you get the hair dye out afterwards? Inb4 shave it right?

I've heard stories of people who travel an hour or two away to a walmart from where they live, fill an entire cart with stuff with that kind of set up and rush the fuck out, run down the street far away from the parking lot and put the stuff away in their car hidden in an alley somewhere a few bloks away.

OP here, so, do you think it would be hard for me to get a misdemeanor theft off of my record?

Also, What should I expect to happen in court?

No big deal dude, just stick to construction jobs or jobs that pay cash. Skilled labor jobs rarely do background checks.

First time offenses have shades of gray depending on the nature of crime.

This is why we have varying degrees of punishment, otherwise there would be the same legal consequence for any certain crime. Murdering someone, doing time, and doing it again the criminal gets out obviously means the criminal didn't learn his/her lesson and we increase the punishment. There is no one-size-fits all punishment for the system you imagine. That's the differences we have for first time offenders and career criminals.

And what do you think they got? A bunch of toasters and some shit clothes. Doesn't sound worth it considering most shit jobs could get you all the shit you stole in a month.

lots and lots of electronics

Labor jobs will be your friend. I worked for a mill in high school, they never checked anyone's record. They hired a guy who had sex with animals and assaulted his wife. I got payed 16 an hour and could have gotten a 401k if I was there for a year.

They will most likely make your case very short, you will be out in less then 20 minutes. And you will not get away with a lesser charge unless you pleade guilty, if they are even able to do that. You might get community service.

The expensive stuff is locked up, and it's still not really worth the risk of not getting hired for jobs just for electronics

i suppose if you're are stupid enough to get caught stealing, you're not going to worry about pesky things like consequences.
besides, your mom will have lost the house by the time you're out of jail.
so you won't need to worry about getting a job when you're out.

What would a person with a class C felony warrant get for grand theft auto, wrecking said car while under the influence without a license. I know a guy in a similar situation so just curious

dont worry man. I applied for a job at toys r us about 2 weeks ago. When I got there, I was the only white man in the waiting room for job interviews and there were 10 black men waiting there for interviews. They were all bragging about how they stole shit from their last retail jobs (one had brought an item he stole from Modells with him) and 3 of them had felony charges. All interviewed for the job, and all passed the background check and got the job, which was full time and payed 9 dollars an hour (the interview for each of them was only 2 minutes). I on the other hand ran the fuck out of there and got a job elsewhere. I refuse to work with degenerates.

Lol you wont get shit i have broken into a house and am looking at 1 year good behavour bond

It's gonna be hard for employers to want to hire him, but if no one got killed then he won't be frowned upon by others (most anyway).

Why would pleading guilty make me a lesser charge?

Was curious on jail time

Yeah seeing it was Walmart, you should've just bailed the fuck off and gave no fucks. It's Walmart. Not even the employees give a fuck. I got a misdemeanor weed possession and even though shits "off my record" shit still shows up and fucks shit up. Probation broke the bank, good luck, you dumb fuck

because then they have less to prove = quicker time = less money spent.

Not sure about that, my guess would be max of 2 years and that would be on the higher end.

Don't confess unless you get a plea deal

you are a stupid fuck

Because they want to proceed to next cases, pleading not guilty makes the system take longer and requires more procedure. Pleading guilty helps you in the long run anyway because they like when you tell the truth, judges can drop charges if they feel like it.

You could try not being a nigger

Yes this, if you don't get a lawyer the courts lawyer will help with that.

Plea criminally insane AKA the retard excuse

Depending on the state your in (assuming amerifag), pleading out (no contest or guilty) before or at your first court hearing could get your misdemeanor dropped to an infraction, especially if its your first time. Any DA or ADA in a populated city is going to have 100 other cases on the docket that are all infinitely more important than your petty theft charge, and will most likely attempt a deal that involves a fine and/or community service etc. If you plead not guilty though, and they have security or employee witnesses or CCTV footage your fucked and will most likely get convicted. $75 is going to be a misdemeanor, and as long as you didn't push/hit anyone or use a weapon (Robbery/Assault/Strong-arm Robbery), or use a tool in the process of the shoplifting (Burglary), you won't have to worry about a felony charge, which WOULD have an effect on your job prospects for usually 7(ish) years before it can possibly be expunged.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Do you think I need to spend 300-400$ on an attorney just for this simple case? Or should I just plead no contest/guilt and hope for the best from the judge.

previous poster here,

No, don't waste money on a lawyer. They will charge you to tell you the same info. Anyone who would suggest you fight a petty theft charge where you were taken into custody (assuming citizens arrest by security or employee) would be giving you bad advice. Were you interviewed by someone from security? Did you hand them any merchandise? Did they ask you to tell you in any specific details, what exactly you did? Basically if you answer yes to any of those questions then you have zero chance of getting out scott free. If it truly is your first time, and if your young (20's or younger) its likely you will incur a fine and or get on a program/CS.

Since it's OP's first offense he should be fine.